Accurate local weather
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER SERVICE
WillyWeather organises the world's weather data into the most valuable local information. The app includes radar, satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of thousands of locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Six day NOAA weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw NOAA radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire US, integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in the USA, bringing together NOAA standard port data with offsets generated for specific locations by WillyWeather. Includes every beach in the US, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND -The most accurate global wind forecast model gathered from NOAA, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability for the week ahead.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach and surf spot in the USA.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, feels-like temperature, rain today, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• NOAA WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national NOAA radar network, to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favorite locations. Our mapping features provide more control, and more detail than any other US weather resource.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily interpret the conditions at your favorite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organized interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
- Fixes issue where some users would stop receiving notifications until the app is reinstalled
- Fixes issue where the rain alert settings would sometimes go missing for some users in areas that are eligible for rain alerts
Ratings and Reviews
Matt: Thank you for your response. It was basically what I had expected. Apple. My watch is new, so I was planning on keeping it for a while. I'm happy that at least I can view the weather on it using one of my very favorite weather apps, WillyWeather. All the best to you. Thanks again :) Mary.
Matt replied to this review:
I wrote good reviews in the past. And now I have a question. Why are there no complications for the Apple Watch 3? I’m a little disappointed even though we finally got the feature. I am just wondering why no complications. Thank you.
It's 2019 And I'm still loving this app. Why?, you may ask. Because it's got all the info I need in a nicely laid out format, and it doesn't take a long time to get all that info. So far the info has been accurate too. No complaints here!
I just thought I would update my review. More >
I left my previous reviews down here:
I love this app because it provides lots of information and is very easy to use. I have NO ADS.
Wishing it would work with the Apple Watch 3. But it works well as is and provides good information. It even teaches you what the various weather indicators mean; you just have to dig a little bit. It’s painless! I find it very easy to use, and informative. I’m glad I have it. Thanks so much!
Developer Response ,
We decided to concentrate on developing for the “Graphic” family of complications, allowing for the display of more complex information and support ~20 permutations of these. This Graphic family of complications has been restricted to the newer watches (ie. S4) by Apple themselves. We weren't able to do what we wanted with the older-style complications. Sorry for the disappointment there.
Thanks for this review - we're glad you're enjoying the app. We're aware of the problem of our morning and evening forecasts being reversed. This issue has been corrected in v2.0 which is currently being tested and should be released soon.
I finally got the app to load on my iPod touch, but now when I go to the radar view, every radar station is offline and not available and it defaults to the next nearest radar site. Detroit down Cleveland down, Tampa down and the list goes on. These are major radar stations, what gives, what good is radar if the view isn’t relevant to the locations that I have saved? Get this issue resolved and I’ll upgrade you to another star. For now I did upgrade your app to 3 stars, because I can at least download it now. Hope that you can get this soon and if you do, I’ll give you another star. ————————If you can’t guarantee that your app will work on a iPod touch, then why in the App Store, does it say that your app works on a iPod touch, version 12 or later. My iPod touch is version 15.3 and it works except for the radar, so in reality, without the radar working properly, what good is your app? I guess that I’ll have to delete your app, since it’s of no use to me, without reliable radar. Sorry for my negativity, but I really wanted to use your app, because it was highly recommended to me. You ought to edit your App Store information and remove the works iPod touch version 12 or later because it doesn’t.
Developer Response ,
I understand your frustration, but at this stage we cannot guarantee successful usage of the app on an iPod Touch. Greg, WillyWeather Support
Wow! WillyWeather Sets the Standard
Hey everyone, I was a WeatherBug guy since it’s weather-service-app first became available (I even had a Weather Bug tee-shirt). HOWEVER, doing due diligence, I’ve ”sampled” several weather apps over the years; Weather Channel, Weather Live, NOAA Weather, My Radar, etc, and no-one rivaled WB, until NOW. WillyWeather is absolutely made for persons who want a serious but user-friendly weather app. Every aspect of WillyWeather’s weather presentation of weather data is easily readable and applicable from going to the beach, boating, hiking, yard work, flying, farming, road tripping or traveling in general. We live on the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, and weather can turn-on-a-dime. Good weather forecasts aren't just a convenience, but a life-preserving requirement. GET THIS APP! You won't regret taking the time to do so.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WillyWeather (AU) Pty Ltd
- 102.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 WillyWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $3.99