Cyclone brings you the freshest weather imagery available for North America, Europe, Japan, Australia including hurricane, typhoon and cyclone forecasts, tracks and projected paths and other tropical storm information.
You will get real time detailed, stunning and sharp images on top of zoomable maps for not only rain and snow, but also tornados and hail. The data is provided by NOAA-NASA GOES and EUMETSAT satellites.
Using the data from Storm Prediction Center and Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System (SPC & GDAC) Cyclone provides information about tropical storms and hurricanes for locations worldwide, areas affected by storms and severe weather, coordinates and wind speed, storm tracks & path projections.
The app also allows you to check the weather on your favorite places on maps. Interactive map includes live international weather conditions, local weather and time, ten-day forecasts and sunrise/sunset times for multiple places. You can add placemarks on the map to represent your favorite places or the places you’d like to visit. At a glance you can see the time and weather for all of your favorites.
Satellite images come from satellites which remain above a fixed point on the Earth (i.e. they are “geostationary”). Lighter areas of cloud show where the cloud tops are cooler and therefore where weather features like fronts and shower clouds are.
* 1-km high resolution cloudy-sky images for U.S., Japan and Australia
* 4-km cloud-sky images for Europe,
* 4-km cloud sky images for Russia (covers territory to the west of the Ural Mountains and Russian Far East)
* Current weather details and ten-day forecast in pop-up window.
* Storm / hurricane / typhoon tracker and projected paths (International and Global)
* two different layers to get the weather: ground stations, satellite
* zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* displays current position on the map
* saves and restores your last position
* adjustable radar image quality for Wi-Fi and cellular connections
* faster even when on 3G or EDGE networks
* multiple map styles - terrain, satellite or standard
* Full 64-bit app
* Requires any iPhone, iPad or iPod
* Satellite data comes from GOES 13, GOES 15, METEOSAT and MTSAT satellites
* Radar images delayed up to 30 minutes for the U.S, Japan, Indonesia and Australia
* Radar images delayed up to 1 hours for Europe
We constantly work on improving Cyclone Storm Tracker app! With this update the app stability should be increased first.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app multiple times daily. Im a retired man living on a sail boat & traveling. This app helps me plan my trips to avoid wx, used w/other apps i can plan my trips to maximum safety. Keep up the good work..👍
Cyclone App Review
Good application and have help me stayed informed on two major hurricanes this year (Harvey and Irma) which impacted my family. One thing that would make the application even better would be to add the storm surge and potential impact to areas impacted by the hurricanes. This information of great value when you are making decisions on evacuation routes
Great graphics for following hurricanes
All the info I need to track storms!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elecont LLC
- 72.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Elecont LLC 2007-2022
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads & Limits $1.99