Meet Weather Mate. The most hyperlocal, accurate and beautiful weather app on the app store. It combines cutting edge weather forecasting with beautifully crafted UI design to deliver the most accurate climate information suitable for both basic and advanced users.
What differentiates Weather Mate from the crowd of other weather apps on the app store?
LOCAL, LOCAL, HYPERLOCAL
Weather Mate uses weather data from the industry leader Weather Underground & The Weather Channel to guarantee that you get the most accurate & reliable weather forecast. But that's not all. Weather Mate uses the network of 250,000+ PERSONAL WEATHER STATIONS in addition to the Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at airports around the globe to provide the most localized weather data. You have the option to choose the weather station which is closest to your home or work.
• Current weather conditions from the local weather station
• 15-Day daily forecast containing textual summary for the day & night
• Hourly forecast for each hour of the next 15 days containing detailed weather information at each interval
• Weather widget for the lock screen notification center
• Apple Watch app with customizable complications
• Choose the Personal or Airport weather station which is closest to your desired area, to get the most localized weather data. Or you can use Composite weather station, which incorporates aggregated weather data from the network of nearby weather stations in addition to geography and elevation to derive accurate current conditions for any location.
• Live Interactive Radar & Satellite, to go with 20+ other Map Layers.
• Severe Weather Alerts Notifications to keep you ahead of bad weather coming your way
• Push temperature alerts right on your home screen icon's badge. Stay updated about the weather even when not running the app!
• Detailed Weather History dating back to several decades for any worldwide location.
• Travel Planner feature to assist you plan your trip to any location based on its historical climate summary between any specified dates
• Detailed Air Quality data including current, hourly / daily forecast, & historical readings. Also view Pollutant concentrations & Health recommendations
• Weather Almanac feature: View daily & monthly weather almanac for any location
• NWS Area Forecast Discussion feature (USA Only)
• Weather Radio feature: Listen to live NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio for USA / Canadian locations
• World clock showing the local time for each of your chosen locations
• Share your weather screen with friends
Comprehensive Apple Watch app, notifications & colorful complications for your watch face. Fast complications updates to always keep your watch face current. Option to customize your complications to any weather parameters of your preference.
DETAILED WEATHER INFO
• Current Temperature / Feels Like Temperature
• Today's High & Low Temperatures
• Weather Description / Icon
• Wind Speed, Gust and Direction
• Chance of Precipitation
• Precipitation Rate, Today's Precipitation Accumulation
• Rain Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Snow Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Barometric Pressure
• Cloud Cover
• Wind Chill
• Heat Index
• Dew Point
• UV Index
• Sunrise Time
• Sunset Time
• Moonrise Time
• Moonset Time
• Moon Age
• Moon Illumination
• Moon Phase
INTERACTIVE WEATHER MAP LAYERS
• Animated Radar including Past & Future modes
• Animated Satellite including Past & Future modes
• Storm Tracks
• Weather Fronts
• Animated Dew Point
• Animated Temperature
• Animated Wind Speed
• Animated UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Weather Stations
• Crowd Reports
• Fire Risk
• Active Fires (with Smoke Cover)
• Sea / Oceans Surface Temperature
We never sell your location data to anyone
• Added different map types options for Apple Watch maps module. Now you can view the Standard, Satellite, Terrain or Map with black background. You can also choose to show or hide your current location on the map.
• Added an option in the storm tracks map layer to choose between contrasting or semi-transparent storm images.
• Added an option for users to choose the color in the map drawing & measurement tool.
• Fixed an issue in windstream that was causing the app to crash for certain altitudes.
• Fixed a few other minor bugs & issues.
Thank you for all the feedback submitted through your emails. We're still working on several new features which will be available in the next versions. If you like the app & the progress we're making, please show us your support by submitting a review on the App Store!
• Radar maps on Apple Watch:
Now you can view animated radar maps on the Apple Watch itself! Storm Tracks can also be overlaid on the radar.
• New HD Satellite (GOES-16) map layer:
HD Satellite (GOES-16) map layer has been included in the app. GOES-16 is the first of the GOES-R series of Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES) operated by NASA and NOAA. You can view 3 types of GOES-16 satellite imagery in the app: Visible imagery, Infrared imagery, & Water Vapor imagery.
• Storm Tracks map layer has been redesigned to support animation with the Past Radar. A lot of vital information about each storm has also been included. You can tap on any Storm Track to view it.
• Windstream map layer has been fully restored now.
Ratings and Reviews
BEST weather app for iphone and watch!
Weather mate pro has everything i wanted and more for following all the weather. and with the new watch complication, you get all the amazing weather details on your watch. plus the same alerts/ warnings/ etc you get on your phone. the amount of customization you can choose is amazing. for example, to start, choose the weather station you prefer from the places you've picked. then customize the different complications on your watch. i give it 5 stars! since, nothing is perfect, here's what i'd like to see changed. change the big part in the top box, it gives me the feeling of an older digital alarm clock. i always wished that the time display and blue bulls eye/wind direction gauge was done differently. and definitely not so big, it's out of sync with the rest of the more modern and somehow friendlier looking graphics. i like the big weather graphic in the top box though (sun behind the clouds, sun, etc...). and lastly, i love all the weather details now available on my watch. but in the future, being able to view all the details for more than one location (current or home), on the watch, would be great. so, home/current location plus other picks (los angeles, washington d.c., etc.) available to view on the watch. even so, this weather app still stomps all the others. for loads of clear, useful, detailed, timely and customizable weather data (in the usa and beyond), this is the weather app to have.
This weather app gives great detailed information concerning weather in my area and state. It is very customizable in selecting how I want to be informed. A good map section I can customize to give up to date weather and even direction of storm systems and information when I tap on the small directional grid and gives air quality reports. In the Advanced section of Settings, it takes a little time to get to know the features and there is even a section that explains weather contitions. You really have to explore this app to see how it can inform you on weather conditions. Gives a look ahead by hour, day or week and an active wind guage to show the direction and speed, has a red bar for server alerts, a voice option to give conditions. There is even a Travel Planner showing conditions when you are scheduled to take a flight. It will select the closest station to give a more accurate prediction or you can select a station in your area. I reccommend the Pro just to support such apps as this one that really gives the kind of information needed to be well informed. Well designed and layed out to tell you what you need and want to know. There is even an option for earthquakes. If any con I have to give it, the small print because of the detailed layout, but it is still very legable. I must admit I have the iphone se (like it very much). Yet, this is a great app to have on your iphone that gives such detailed information!!
Absolutely essential for both quick & detailed weather info
I’ve gotten 90% of the weather apps available. This is one of the 3 “must-have” weather apps, in my opinion, along with Carrot & RadarScope. This app comes closest to replacing the radar page of the unfortunately killed Storm app (how can you take one of the best weather apps out there, and intentionally deprecate it completely???? - but I digress...), especially with the 7/19 enhancements to the storm cell info. It’s the ONLY app that displays user-selectable data from nearby Personal Weather Stations. I’m REALLY happy to see the new update that allows display of graphs for any PWS & date. The customizing options alone set this apart from any other app out there, except perhaps Carrot. The latest options improving Apple Watch complications are also awesome. Weather Mate Pro & Carrot each do their job very differently, and both do it extremely well, but they vary significantly in their approach, so they’re both essential in my book. They both get a place on my #1 home screen on both my iPad & iPhone, so that should tell you something. Just get it.
What else would I like to see? The ability to quickly compare more weather forecast sources and more PWS data combinations in the map layer. My “wish” list for just about any other app I have is 10-15 items long, for reference. Weather Mate Pro is simply outstanding, period.
- DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- 85.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.