Meet Weather Mate. The most hyperlocal, accurate and beautiful weather app on the app store. It combines cutting edge weather forecasting with beautifully crafted UI design to deliver the most accurate climate information suitable for both basic and advanced users.
What differentiates Weather Mate from the crowd of other weather apps on the app store?
LOCAL, LOCAL, HYPERLOCAL
Weather Mate uses weather data from the industry leader Weather Underground & The Weather Channel to guarantee that you get the most accurate & reliable weather forecast. But that's not all. Weather Mate uses the network of 250,000+ PERSONAL WEATHER STATIONS in addition to the Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at airports around the globe to provide the most localized weather data. You have the option to choose the weather station which is closest to your home or work.
• Current weather conditions from the local weather station
• 15-Day daily forecast containing textual summary for the day & night
• Hourly forecast for each hour of the next 15 days containing detailed weather information at each interval
• Weather widget for the lock screen notification center
• Apple Watch app with customizable complications
• Choose the Personal or Airport weather station which is closest to your desired area, to get the most localized weather data. Or you can use Composite weather station, which incorporates aggregated weather data from the network of nearby weather stations in addition to geography and elevation to derive accurate current conditions for any location.
• Live Interactive Radar & Satellite, to go with 20+ other Map Layers.
• Severe Weather Alerts Notifications to keep you ahead of bad weather coming your way
• Push temperature alerts right on your home screen icon's badge. Stay updated about the weather even when not running the app!
• Detailed Weather History dating back to several decades for any worldwide location.
• Travel Planner feature to assist you plan your trip to any location based on its historical climate summary between any specified dates
• Detailed Air Quality data including current, hourly / daily forecast, & historical readings. Also view Pollutant concentrations & Health recommendations
• Weather Almanac feature: View daily & monthly weather almanac for any location
• NWS Area Forecast Discussion feature (USA Only)
• Weather Radio feature: Listen to live NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio for USA / Canadian locations
• World clock showing the local time for each of your chosen locations
• Share your weather screen with friends
Comprehensive Apple Watch app, notifications & colorful complications for your watch face. Fast complications updates to always keep your watch face current. Option to customize your complications to any weather parameters of your preference.
DETAILED WEATHER INFO
• Current Temperature / Feels Like Temperature
• Today's High & Low Temperatures
• Weather Description / Icon
• Wind Speed, Gust and Direction
• Chance of Precipitation
• Precipitation Rate, Today's Precipitation Accumulation
• Rain Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Snow Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Barometric Pressure
• Cloud Cover
• Wind Chill
• Heat Index
• Dew Point
• UV Index
• Sunrise Time
• Sunset Time
• Moonrise Time
• Moonset Time
• Moon Age
• Moon Illumination
• Moon Phase
INTERACTIVE WEATHER MAP LAYERS
• Animated Radar including Past & Future modes
• Animated Satellite including Past & Future modes
• Storm Tracks
• Weather Fronts
• Animated Dew Point
• Animated Temperature
• Animated Wind Speed
• Animated UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Weather Stations
• Crowd Reports
• Fire Risk
• Active Fires (with Smoke Cover)
• Sea / Oceans Surface Temperature
We never sell your location data to anyone
• We have introduced separate colors for Tornado Warnings, Tornado Watches, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, & Severe Thunderstorm Watches in the Severe Weather Alerts map layer. Previously they were using the same color due to which it was difficult to distinguish between them. Please refer to the map legend to see the new colors for each one of them.
• We have fixed the issue where the app was crashing for some of the users who had added selected North Carolina locations in the app.
• The Severe Weather Alerts notifications have been made much robust. You will receive the alert notifications in your lock screen within minutes of being issued.
Thank you for all the feedback submitted through your emails. We're still working on several new features which will be available in the next versions. If you like the app & the progress we're making, please show us your support by submitting a review on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
BEST weather app for iphone and watch!
Weather mate pro has everything i wanted and more for following all the weather. and with the new watch complication, you get all the amazing weather details on your watch. plus the same alerts/ warnings/ etc you get on your phone. the amount of customization you can choose is amazing. for example, to start, choose the weather station you prefer from the places you've picked. then customize the different complications on your watch. i give it 5 stars! since, nothing is perfect, here's what i'd like to see changed. change the big part in the top box, it gives me the feeling of an older digital alarm clock. i always wished that the time display and blue bulls eye/wind direction gauge was done differently. and definitely not so big, it's out of sync with the rest of the more modern and somehow friendlier looking graphics. i like the big weather graphic in the top box though (sun behind the clouds, sun, etc...). and lastly, i love all the weather details now available on my watch. but in the future, being able to view all the details for more than one location (current or home), on the watch, would be great. so, home/current location plus other picks (los angeles, washington d.c., etc.) available to view on the watch. even so, this weather app still stomps all the others. for loads of clear, useful, detailed, timely and customizable weather data (in the usa and beyond), this is the weather app to have.
Absolutely essential for both quick & detailed weather info
I’ve gotten 90% of the weather apps available. This is one of the 3 “must-have” weather apps, in my opinion, along with Carrot & RadarScope. This app comes closest to replacing the radar page of the unfortunately killed Storm app (how can you take one of the best weather apps out there, and intentionally deprecate it completely???? - but I digress...), especially with the 7/19 enhancements to the storm cell info. It’s the ONLY app that displays user-selectable data from nearby Personal Weather Stations. I’m REALLY happy to see the new update that allows display of graphs for any PWS & date. The customizing options alone set this apart from any other app out there, except perhaps Carrot. The latest options improving Apple Watch complications are also awesome. Weather Mate Pro & Carrot each do their job very differently, and both do it extremely well, but they vary significantly in their approach, so they’re both essential in my book. They both get a place on my #1 home screen on both my iPad & iPhone, so that should tell you something. Just get it.
What else would I like to see? The ability to quickly compare more weather forecast sources and more PWS data combinations in the map layer. My “wish” list for just about any other app I have is 10-15 items long, for reference. Weather Mate Pro is simply outstanding, period.
The only app with historic weather data
I am a gardener (and a weather nerd), and I absolutely need to know the long-term average high and low temperature and the long-term record high and low temperature for my location each day. It's the first thing I check each morning. For years I used Intellicast, because it had a very simple graphic each day with current temp and all the other (average and record) temperature data on it. Simple and beautiful. Then Intellicast was replaced by Storm with no historic weather data. I searched and searched for a new weather app with historic weather data and found none. I finally settled on this app because it has a nice clean look, lets me choose my weather data (dewpoint, moon rise, etc) and the radar function includes future storm tracks instead of where the storm has already been. I did not find the historic weather info until I'd had this app for about a year. I'm not sure if it came with an update or if it's because it's hard to find. The historic info is under an icon called "almanac" that is only visible when you expand the top menu with the three dots in the upper right corner. Who knew? I think the app developers would be wise to highlight the fact that they have historic weather data, because no other weather app does, and many gardeners need this information. Thanks for a great app.
- DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- 87 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2018 DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.