Weather your way: The Weather Channel, the world’s leading weather provider*. Be prepared for any severe weather, any time of year - rain season, tornado season, and more - with our new widget, live radar maps, and accurate storm trackers.
Stay up to date and prepared no matter the weather with our live radar, weather maps, and accurate forecasts. You can also manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you. Plan outdoor outings with confidence using a range of weather features that keep you updated up to two weeks in advance.
Download The Weather Channel to get you through tornado season, rain season, and extreme weather warnings.
The Weather Channel Features:
- Our widget offers more weather in detail at a glance and one-tap access to the most accurate forecast
- Stay informed minute by minute on all weather patterns with live radar
- Track storms throughout rain and tornado season with the Storm Radar
- Check your local radar, get severe weather alerts in your area, and check the forecast for the next three hours on your homescreen
- Check weather forecasts up to two weeks in advance!
- Plan outdoor activities with confidence
- Our Feels Like feature lets you plan what to wear before you step out of the house
- Plan ahead with local hourly and daily weather forecasts
- Real-Time Rain notifications right on your homescreen
- Our app is Dark Mode Compatible - turn on Dark Mode on your Apple device for a great viewing experience
- Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies, and pollen forecasts
- Keep informed with the latest weather news
- Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
- Stay prepared during extreme weather events and earthquakes with live alerts
Upgrade to Premium Pro for exclusive access to premium features:
• Premium Pro radar: The clearest way to visualize rain’s potential impact on your precise location, now with 24-hr future radar
• Ad Free: Remove all ads from your weather experience
• Extended Hourly: See 192 hours into the future, with 14 days of detailed forecast
• And more!
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
The Weather Company is the world’s most accurate forecaster, according to the most recent, comprehensive study available (2010-2017) from Forecast Watch https://www.forecastwatch.com/static/Three_Region_Accuracy_Overview_2010-2017.pdf
*The World's Leading Weather Provider: Apps from The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, are the most used weather apps worldwide based on average monthly active users via smartphone in 2019. Comscore Mobile Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information –Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2019 avg.
App Annie: The Weather Channel app combined had over 50 million monthly active users worldwide each month from January through December 2019, over 2M total 5 star ratings and was downloaded 155 million times.
The Weather Channel® is a registered trademark of TWC Product and Technology, LLC, an IBM Company.
Thanks for using The Weather Channel app! We are constantly working to add new features and improve your app experience. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite app
I used to rely on the standard Apple weather app that is pre-installed on the iPhone to receive all my forecast knowledge. I had been using it for years to check the weather and daily temp until one day my mother told me to check the radar... what radar? “The radar on the weather channel app,” she replied.
As soon as I downloaded this app my life changed. View the radar when storms are coming, videos about current weather and environment news, warning and watch notifications for changes in weather... it’s amazing! Somehow your friends always think you’re smarter when you know the weather. Thanks, weather channel app, for always telling me when it’s going to rain, you’ve saved a few ruined bonfires! Plus it tells you what time down to the minute it will start raining... and it’s always pretty accurate!
All in all, this app is pretty great. It’s like the weather app of my dreams I didn’t know was the weather app of my dreams until I had it. Through everything the app has always been there for me, telling me an accurate forecast and alerting me with weather notifications. Sometimes getting notifications from the weather channel app is even better than getting a text from my boyfriend. The weather channel app is easily my favorite app. Trusty, reliable, and always tells you the weather. No strings attached!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Have a great summer.
Weather Channel App Great Tool for Travel
My wife and I having to travel throughout the state of Texas, occasionally with our children,results in many changes and fluctuations in the weather. We can be in central Texas in San Antonio with high temperatures and strong wind (allergens: dust & pollen) will change dramatically as we venture into East Texas surrounding Houston with lower temperatures, but with a major increase in relative humidity and the dew point (allergens: mold and grasses). Having a family with a variety of allergies, compounded with the need to stay vigilant about the novel Coronavirus(CoVid-19), can leave some of us concerned for our health if we do not prepare for the changing weather.
Another major advantage in having The Weather Channel are the weather alerts warning us of severe weather. We have on several occasions received alerts/bulletins on severe weather outside of our region but within areas where we have family that are elderly. We were able to call them and advise them to take the necessary precautions. This has been a Godsend.
The ability to see up-to-date forecasts of any city or region on The Weather Channel allows us to plan specific activities and outings, while taking the necessary precautions. All this and so much more conveniently located at the touch of a button on a single site - The Weather Channel!
The Medina Family 😇
Thank you for keeping us up to date on the weather. I found it a problem when we had a hurricane and lost all power and internet. I don’t love the ads but when you don’t have internet and power you are slowly watching it skip and skip and you can’t actually get to the weather until it’s completely over you. In those situations it is very frustrating. I don’t however want to pay for premium to get more accurate and up to date weather. I would rather get it anyways. Most professions give their 100%. I wish you had a solution for when people’s lives matter in such a horrible situation to have it more assessable. When I have internet I completely understand the need to pay for your broadcast with ads but maybe in the area that has devastation we can skip them. 5 sec of ads takes 5 minutes. When your roof is off and you need to know when it’s going to rain the last thing you want to hear is an ad.
Now that I have said all that, I appreciate so much the people who go out to tell us what is happening. I watch all night during Laura. I couldn’t watch during delta. I was just too exhausted from the damage. But keeping us up to date is such a wonderful provision and we thank you.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Weather Channel
- 220.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2021 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Pro Annual $29.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
- Premium Pro Monthly $4.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.