Weather maps, local forecast and live radar alerts straight to your pocket: check The Weather Channel, an IBM Business, and know whether to prepare for a summery day or for clouds! And with our rain tracker, getting caught without an umbrella will be a thing of the past.
Find all the weather information you need to plan ahead with confidence. We give you accurate weather forecast reports that can help you plan up to 15 days in advance - wherever you are!
The Weather Channel: Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance with hourly & daily forecasts.
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are.
3. Stay safe: find a rain and hurricane tracker, and get severe weather alerts with radar images as well as safety tips from the National Weather Service.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast so you don’t get caught in the rain.
• Want to catch that romantic sunset or enjoy a crisp walk in the park? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies and pollen reports and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay safe during extreme weather events. From flash floods to storms, we’ll send you live alerts and expert safety advice, so you’ll always be prepared.
• Concerned about allergies? Get high-risk allergy alerts and medical advice to help you beat them!
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Easily access all the weather information you need.
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
Check your weather. Unlock clean water. Learn more at TheWaterChannel.org.
We are constantly working to improve your app experience. In this update:
• Find out if the rain will affect your commute
• Track global tropical storms like typhoons and cyclones
• Premium users can now access Extended Hourly to get 96-hours of detailed forecast information
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and Reviews
Money grab developers strike again
Back a few years ago in the early days of the App Store, probably 8-10 years ago in fact, I purchased the ad free version of this app called Weather Channel Max. Good app, no ads and it worked well. Then about 2-3 years ago the app updated and said that this app will no longer be supported and that would be the final update. It stated the other version(the one with ads) would be the only version supported. I continued to use the app I paid for until it kept crashing after iOS updates and was pretty much forced to use the app with ads. Now I see you can go premium on this app and remove ads. That really ticks me off considering I had previously paid for the ad free version, only to have them snub it. I, at first, just thought they were only getting rid of max so they would force those who paid a one time fee for the ad free version back on the app that has ads. Not only was that true, but now, in hopes that people would forget(which I didn’t) they now offer a monthly subscription service to get rid of ads. This is a sad attempt at getting even more money from me. I will now be deleting the app and using another app instead. I’ve already given enough money to you all only to be asked for more. I’m really disappointed how greedy developers are becoming and all over an app that gives you mediocre weather reports.
Im experienced with this app!
Hi, my name is Adam and i have been using the weather Channel app over the span of 5ish years now and used it with an iPad, iPhone 5, 5s and latest iPhone 6s+ and this is the best app i have ever used. I remember when it was not as easy to use and i got used to it and this new update makes it easier for the everyday person to use but if you want advanced statistics you can still get them! I saw a few reviews where they say that “the app is riddled with ads and videos” which the app has ads it is considerably less than most other apps and as for the videos if you don't want to watch them you simply don't. If you HATE ads so much then you can buy a subscription to it to remove ads. But DON’T be worried the subscription is a one year subscription and it is $3.99 i have went through many years without the subscription but this year i want to get it just for the fact that i snowboard and i want my cellular data being used for the weather only when I'm up on the mountain. I snowboard in Pennsylvania at Blue Knob all seasons resort. Overall this app is great in many ways! Definitely a download for everyone!
Could be great app if it worked
When it works I like the app. I like the changes and if it loads it is a useful tool. For me the videos and weather updates are very good. Not sure what the problem is, but for some reason and this seems to happen frequently — the app doesn’t load (spinning disk) or it just crashes and restarts and then back to spinning disk. So if it loads (might work for days and then not work for days) it is a good app. I have noticed the app works best in places with high speed internet. In a place outside or in a place that lacks high speed internet or great cell service, the app just won’t open quickly (maybe 5-10 mins to open). I have an iPhone X with the newest software and the newest version of the app, so I don’t think it is the phone. Anyway, if the stability can be improved and it can open quickly than it would be a great app.
Update: I downloaded the new version and it worked ok for a week (I.e. seemed like an improvement) and then crash city and or the spinning wheel of Watson after that. Now it is useless again. Weather is such an important thing to know and I have no idea why the concept of an app that works is so hard. I stick by what I wrote above - when the app works, it is great, but for some reason it doesn’t work most of the time. Like others, I now use other apps that work all of the time.
- The Weather Channel
- 220.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $3.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- Remove Ads $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.