Weather your way. Prepare for the severe weather season with live radar maps, severe weather warnings and accurate storm trackers from the Weather Company: the world's most accurate forecaster.
Stay up to date and prepared no matter the weather with our live radar, weather maps and severe weather alerts. You can also manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you. Plus, we’ve got a whole range of useful weather features for you to plan ahead with confidence.
The Weather Channel - Our Top 3 Features
1. Up to two weeks in advance: Plan ahead and trust the current conditions card, with our Feels Like feature, local hourly & daily forecasts, and our Real-Time Rain alerts with radar.
2. Current conditions at a glance: get weather data that’s relevant where you are. You can find local maps and forecast on your homescreen, and breaking news videos with closed captioning!
3. Track the risk for allergies with Allergy Insights with Watson. We help allergy sufferers predict the seasonal allergy risk in their area and understand what weather conditions can trigger future flare ups.
Our app is now Dark Mode compatible - turn on Dark Mode on your Apple device for a great viewing experience.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Our Real-Time Rain notifications will help you plan for the way with confidence. Find the live radar directly on your home screen, so you know in a second whether to pack a light or waterproof jacket!
• Want to enjoy a spring walk or run? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies, pollen forecasts and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay prepared during extreme weather events and earthquakes. We’ll send you live alerts, so you’ll always be aware.
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Upgrade to Premium for exclusive access to premium features:
• Premium Radar: The clearest way to visualize rain’s potential impact on your precise location - now, and 6 hours into the future
• Ad Free: Remove all ads from your weather experience
• Extended Hourly: See 96 hours into the future
• And more!
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weather Company is the world's most accurate forecaster, according to the most recent, comprehensive study available (2010-2017) from Forecast Watch https://www.forecastwatch.com/static/Three_Region_Accuracy_Overview_2010-2017.pdf
App Annie: The Weather Channel app combined had over 50 million monthly active users worldwide each month from January through December 2019, over 2M total 5 star ratings and was downloaded 155 million times.
Comscore: Apps from The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, are the most used weather apps worldwide based on average monthly active users via smartphone in 2019. Comscore Mobile Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information –Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2019 avg.
We’re constantly working to improve your app experience. In this release:
• Bug fixes & performance enhancements.
Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My favorite app
I used to rely on the standard Apple weather app that is pre-installed on the iPhone to receive all my forecast knowledge. I had been using it for years to check the weather and daily temp until one day my mother told me to check the radar... what radar? “The radar on the weather channel app,” she replied.
As soon as I downloaded this app my life changed. View the radar when storms are coming, videos about current weather and environment news, warning and watch notifications for changes in weather... it’s amazing! Somehow your friends always think you’re smarter when you know the weather. Thanks, weather channel app, for always telling me when it’s going to rain, you’ve saved a few ruined bonfires! Plus it tells you what time down to the minute it will start raining... and it’s always pretty accurate!
All in all, this app is pretty great. It’s like the weather app of my dreams I didn’t know was the weather app of my dreams until I had it. Through everything the app has always been there for me, telling me an accurate forecast and alerting me with weather notifications. Sometimes getting notifications from the weather channel app is even better than getting a text from my boyfriend. The weather channel app is easily my favorite app. Trusty, reliable, and always tells you the weather. No strings attached!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Have a great summer.
I liked the fact that being older than dirt I could put this on my iPad and make things bigger so that I could see and read everything. I liked the setup except that as with all things meteorologists have a harder time knowing what is going to happen and make guesses as to times of stuff. GOd still has control on most things and weather seems to be changing in our world also. So old age is not the only things that change in life. Why everyone uses light gray writing on a white background and expect someone to be able to see it is idiotic at best. I know all of the younger generation may like new update but I personally liked the old one best. There may have been a few things to change but wish you would make so people had a choice. Older people seem to never get a choice any more. At least there are many more apps I can go to and pray to find one I like. Thanks for nothing but causing me more problems with computers which I am getting ever more aggravated with. Not all old people want so many changes in their later years. Every time I finally get used to something, you geniuses decide to change all around. Just getting used to phones and iPads and all their changes every other day is enough to drive someone crazy and I don’t need any help since as you get older people don’t give me credit for having a lot of common since anyway! Thanks at least for trying to please all the people in the world.
WEATHER APP TO PREMIUM UPGRADE NOT WORKING!!!!
I have had the Weather App for many years, including the add free version. Then suddenly I saw features pulled back from the $3.99 Version and got an offer for premium going from $3.99 to $9.99 to basically get the same features I had before. I decided to pay for the Premium version and that is when the problems began. At first my ipad kept showing the adds without premium features, then when I tried to manage my subscriptions, It got rid of the adds on some of the screen, but when I click on some of the extended features (such as the extended hours tab) the app crashes every time. I tried to delete the Weather App on the ipad without luck and then from all devices and reload them, and now my iphone is also not showing extended premium features and also showing adds. If, I try to get refund I am told that I can only cancel the subscription starting at the end of initial subscription year which is at the end of 2020 (this year fee not refundable) but I can use the application until the end of the year (with advertisements). I have submitted multiple support requests online, since December 22, to the Weather App/IBM and the only response I get is "the we will get to you as quickly as possible" from each of the initial contacts. Furthermore, their FAQ and support pages do not have anything to say about what to do with premium features installation failure.
- The Weather Channel
- 290.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2019 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
- Premium Pro Annual $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.