Weather your way. Face the severe weather this summer with live radar maps, weather alerts and accurate storm trackers from the Weather Company: the world's most accurate forecaster.
Stay up to date and prepared no matter the weather with our live radar, weather maps and severe weather alerts. You can also manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you. Plus, we’ve got a whole range of useful weather features for you to plan ahead with confidence.
The Weather Channel - Our Top 3 Features
1. Up to two weeks in advance: Plan ahead and trust the current conditions card, with our Feels Like feature, local hourly & daily forecasts, and our Real-Time Rain alerts with radar.
2. Current conditions at a glance: get weather data that’s relevant where you are. You can find local maps and forecast on your homescreen, and breaking news videos with closed captioning!
3. Track the risk for allergies with Allergy Insights with Watson. We help allergy sufferers predict the seasonal allergy risk in their area and understand what weather conditions can trigger future flare ups.
Our app is now Dark Mode compatible - turn on Dark Mode on your Apple device for a great viewing experience.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Our Real-Time Rain notifications will help you plan for the way with confidence. Find the live radar directly on your home screen, so you know in a second whether to pack a light or waterproof jacket!
• Want to enjoy a summer walk or run? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies, pollen forecasts and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay prepared during extreme weather events and earthquakes. We’ll send you live alerts, so you’ll always be aware.
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Upgrade to Premium for exclusive access to premium features:
• Premium Radar: The clearest way to visualize rain’s potential impact on your precise location - now, and 6 hours into the future
• Ad Free: Remove all ads from your weather experience
• Extended Hourly: See 96 hours into the future
• And more!
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weather Company is the world's most accurate forecaster, according to the most recent, comprehensive study available (2010-2017) from Forecast Watch https://www.forecastwatch.com/static/Three_Region_Accuracy_Overview_2010-2017.pdf
App Annie: The Weather Channel app combined had over 50 million monthly active users worldwide each month from January through December 2019, over 2M total 5 star ratings and was downloaded 155 million times.
Comscore: Apps from The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, are the most used weather apps worldwide based on average monthly active users via smartphone in 2019. Comscore Mobile Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information –Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2019 avg.
Thanks for using The Weather Channel app! We are constantly working to add new features and improve your app experience. In this update you will find:
• Summer is here! Let us help you plan for the Fourth of July and all your summer weekends with weather forecasts by The Weather Channel
• NEW swipe right to return to the previous page to make navigation through The Weather Channel app more seamless
• Bug fixes & performance enhancements.
Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My favorite app
I used to rely on the standard Apple weather app that is pre-installed on the iPhone to receive all my forecast knowledge. I had been using it for years to check the weather and daily temp until one day my mother told me to check the radar... what radar? “The radar on the weather channel app,” she replied.
As soon as I downloaded this app my life changed. View the radar when storms are coming, videos about current weather and environment news, warning and watch notifications for changes in weather... it’s amazing! Somehow your friends always think you’re smarter when you know the weather. Thanks, weather channel app, for always telling me when it’s going to rain, you’ve saved a few ruined bonfires! Plus it tells you what time down to the minute it will start raining... and it’s always pretty accurate!
All in all, this app is pretty great. It’s like the weather app of my dreams I didn’t know was the weather app of my dreams until I had it. Through everything the app has always been there for me, telling me an accurate forecast and alerting me with weather notifications. Sometimes getting notifications from the weather channel app is even better than getting a text from my boyfriend. The weather channel app is easily my favorite app. Trusty, reliable, and always tells you the weather. No strings attached!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Have a great summer.
Let’s go back in Time
I own a manufacturing business in the South. Since we work in a mostly open warehouse the weather is very important there was a time when y’all had sections of importance. Videos: At one time the primary videos offered were segments of weather throughout the country. i . e. Northeast, southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and Northwest. Now it’s a melange of Weather top story, then somewhat insignificant stories with background music and subtitles of stories not necessarily pertinent to U.S weather on a daily basis. It seems you have to forage through the pooo to get what your looking for. There was also monthly data that showed averages for one’s area and where we are compared to the average on a rolling average. That’s completely gone. Nowadays it’s the basic local facts and sensationalism. I’m afraid that you don’t know how to get it back. Lastly, I find it interesting that your posting a 4.6 average when the Lions share of comments are negative. Himmmm Math channel?
Update; I had to correct my score. I originally gave it 2 Stars. Once it showed up it was 4 stars. Very interesting, maybe it answers my score question. So now I gave it a 1. If you see any more than 1 star? It wasn’t me.
Good Info BUT Ads TOO Intrusive
First, the information for the current and near future weather from this app is as good as any other weather app and probably a little more timely. It is my preferred weather app and has been for quite a while. To be fair, sometimes it can be very wrong, but 9+ of 10 times it is reliable which is better than other apps. However, the latest few app designs have me so frustrated with the over intrusive positions of the ads. I understand the purpose for having ads...I’m cheap and don’t want to pay, so I accept that I must look at ads to compensate. No problem. Put the big ad first so I’m force to look at it every time. But then let me scroll off of it to see the weather info. In this current app version, I find myself constantly scrolling and having to search for the info I want to see. I know it is there somewhere, but I tend to miss it or just don’t see it through all of the ads. It is too much that I’m not using the app as frequently as I used to...which means I’m not looking at the ads...which I think defeats the purpose. Again I don’t mind having to look at ads, and sometimes i get something that interests me and I even click on them, but this app is supposed to be a weather app, for weather information, and not an ad app with some weather info sprinkled in between. For me 4.5 stars for the info, but 1 star for the app design as it makes me not want to use the app.
- The Weather Channel
- 446.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2019 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- Premium Pro Annual $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.