Discover reliable, real-time and hyper-local weather information: with data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model, Weather Underground gives you the most accurate and hyperlocal forecasts at a microclimate level. Find out about current conditions, interactive nexrad radar, and get customizable alerts and much more. You’ll always be prepared for whatever the weather brings.
5 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Local conditions: get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future, which include chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Most detailed weather data: stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind directions, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Weather alerts: set weather alerts for your exact position, so you can always be prepared, rain or shine!
• Other geographical data: discover our air quality index, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customized experience: set your app with light & dark modes, various map types and units.
DISCOVER THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
• Over 250,000 personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions.
• Made to fill in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
This release contains various bug fixes and performance improvements. Look for another update very soon.
As always, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not Nearly as Bad as People Say
Due to the negative reviews, I was scared to update, and didn’t do so until today only because the old version was no longer supported. And I must say that I am a bit confused as to what all the fuss is about. I think this new version is just fine. Sure, there are some little hiccups, such as the daily details and graph not being fully displayed without clicking on “more” and the seemingly more prevalent appearance of ads. But first off, those are very minor things, and second, this is a big change for the app and developing team, so there’s obviously going to be some kinks to work out. And there are some features I LIKE about this app; it appears and behaves a lot cleaner, and I kind of like the design better. But that’s just my personal opinion. And let’s not forget that while the interface is different, the data being reported is still the same. You still get accurate, hyper-local forecasts that are hard to beat, and for free, no less.
I don’t know who these people are writing the negative reviews, or why. Maybe they’re really into weather and used the old app more features more extensively. But I can say as an average person who just wants to see the daily weather, it is still a great app.
6.4 is Crippleware.
As a longtime user, I must unfortunately concur with criticism of this latest forced upgrade. Simply put, it is commercially-driven crippleware. An example is the daily summaries, which have been replaced by a conspicuous advert: ‘Upgrade now to get 15 days of summaries’ (for $48/year). The existing summary menu is buried at the bottom of the screen where most users won’t find it or recognize it. Hourly forecast graphing is harder to access and far less readable, and even the Wundermap itself, the distinguishing feature of Weather Underground, has been made less useful and visible. (Although, I approve of the improved mapping quality.)
Instead of fixing long-term bugs like disappearing crowd-sourced weather report controls, and cumbersome menus, they have made the app less distinctive, more generic, less functional and more obviously commercial. Within minutes of using the new app, I found a new bug. Woe be the user who selects ‘my location’ (GPS), when searching for the missing Wundermap station functionality. (Make that two new bugs, or one new bug, and one old one.)
As of 6.4, I am looking for a new weather app. Unfortunately, none of the mundane options which these developers are inexplicably trying to emulate come close to what WU offers in terms of granular weather data. If only they would hire competent developers....
From “Ain’t Broke” to “Broke”
What made this app so great was it’s design and layout, but now that the great design and layout was changed, this app no longer is the app I once gave five stars.
I concur with fellow reviewers who feel like the design team failed to realize that people used this app for it’s great design. There’s got to be a good reason the development team went to fix something that wasn’t broke. But, now that this app has been “fixed”, it’s now broke - broke for myself and for other reviewers in that the layout and design no longer gives me a quick picture of the weather, and no longer gives me a clear picture of how the weather will be for me in the forecast for the day or for the week. The developers have good reasons they made the changes they made for which they worked hard to accomplish; however, and unfortunately the new design no longer works for me. I’m saddened to see the wonderful “weather information at a quick glance” design that had made this app so good disappear in the new make over. I would have contacted the developers, but from other reviews such efforts were not productive. I hope the new make over works for some customers. For myself, thanks for a great app while it lasted, but now it’s come time to delete this app.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 132.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- WU Ad-Free for 1 year $1.99
- WU Premium (Yearly) $19.99
- WU Premium (Monthly) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.