Weather Underground is committed to delivering reliable, real-time weather information to users around the world. With data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model, this free weather app provides users the most accurate, hyperlocal forecasts, current conditions, interactive nexrad radar, customizable alerts and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
Check current & future weather conditions for your microclimate:
• Get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future .
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Set weather alerts so you can always be prepared, rain or shine!
• Explore detailed weather data like air quality, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customize your app experience with light & dark modes, map types and units.
What makes Weather Underground different from other weather apps?
Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Customize the map by selecting specific weather data layers or choose from the various map presets.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
Our 250,000+ personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions. The data that we collect from personal weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its 'hyper-local' data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We redesigned the Weather Underground app and added more sophisticated weather visualizations & new Premium Features! New features in Version 6.0:
• Hi-res satellite, cloud cover imagery from GOES-16
• Improved temperature map layer with contoured color map & interactive radar map
• Detail cards with Current Weather Conditions & 10 Day Hourly/Daily/Summary Forecasts
• Upgrade to Premium to access Smart Forecasts & view 15-Day Extended Forecasts
Have questions or feedback? Don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Best weather app
I absolutely *adore* this weather app. I love that I can choose local weather stations that private individuals have set up, and I also can choose multiple weather stations near (blocks away, and in different directions from) where I live.
SF Bay Area microclimates are really difficult to deal with, lan for,,and dress for — unless you use the Wunderground weather app.
I love the accuracy of their weather-now data an& hourly forecasts. When I have Wunderground running, as well as other weather apps, 95 % of the time or more, Wunderground data is much more accurate than the other other weather apps.
I love that I can get daily & hourly forecasts, as well as detailed info rain/precipitation; wind speed & direction,; moon phases including new, half, & full moon dates; & more.
I love that I can set up a home location; & also can have multiple other cities that I frequently visit.
I love that there Windergrojnd has both an pp and widgets. And I love l that I can choose a dark background or light background.
My only suggestions / constructive criticisms / suggestions are: 1. the way one must access the non-home lovcstions could be more intuitive; and 2. the service outages, though not often, happen more than I would like. But when thevoutages occur the inadequacies of other weather apps and the lack of features and data are always a great reminder of why Wunderground is such a great weather app.
I REALLY dislike the latest UI redesign
I almost never write reviews, especially if I’m happy with something already. However, I’m quite displeased with the redesign of the UI in the most recent app release. I can no longer scan the hourly precipitation because 1.) you removed the hours from that part of the UI, 2.) you removed the precipitation percentage that correlated with each hour. Now instead you’ve implemented this stupid bar you’ve got to drag across the screen to see what percent of rain is happening at a particular hour. Problem with that is that the bar is quite thin and can take two or three attempts before you actually tap and hold on the right spot — super annoying. The other issue is that it now takes me longer to get this information than the scanning I used to have to do. Furthermore you’ve made the weather icons above the precipitation/temp bar larger so they are taking up more space than before. Although you did add a second weather icon for each day, I’m still on the fence about that. Also I really liked the feature where it would detail weather it was a good day for mountain biking, but that appears to be gone and I have yet to find it. Maybe I’ll find it, but probably not as I think I’m done using this app. Time to find one with a better more usable UI. Farewell and wish your team the best!
The Weather Channel ruins another one!
I have now lost count of how many amazing weather apps I have deleted because The Weather Channel bought them and ruined them. (You can almost bet like clockwork that any useful, popular weather app will be gobbled up by TWC Corp fairly quickly and “updated” to a version that no one wants to use.) “Can’t beat them, buy them” seems to be their new corporate strategy (instead of working on their own product to make it better). Also, privacy has become a real concern for this corporation. They want access to EVERY sensor in your device at ALL times. They not only can track your location at all times, they can tell whether you are indoors or out (or in an automobile or out) with the pressure sensors, etc etc. I’m not a tinfoil hat guy, but this is a little too intrusive for even me.
Weather Underground WAS amazing. It was about the only app I could find with hyper-local information, including total rainfall amounts for the current day and the day before. Also had TONS of information readily available without any side-scrolling. It’s why I subscribed to the year-long ad-free version which has disappeared magically with this new update and cannot be restored. Now they want 10X the subscription fee for less functionality? No, thanks. I’ll pass. And so will others. (Which I now think was their intended goal all along.)
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 124.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- WU Ad-Free for 1 year $1.99
- WU Premium (Yearly) $19.99
- WU Premium (Monthly) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.