Weather Underground is committed to delivering reliable, real-time weather information to users around the world. With data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model, this free weather app provides users the most accurate, hyperlocal forecasts, current conditions, interactive nexrad radar, customizable alerts and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
Check current & future weather conditions for your microclimate:
• Get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future .
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Set weather alerts so you can always be prepared, rain or shine!
• Explore detailed weather data like air quality, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customize your app experience with light & dark modes, map types and units.
What makes Weather Underground different from other weather apps?
Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Customize the map by selecting specific weather data layers or choose from the various map presets.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
Our 250,000+ personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions. The data that we collect from personal weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its 'hyper-local' data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
We redesigned the Weather Underground app and added more sophisticated weather visualizations & new Premium Features! New features in Version 6.0:
• Hi-res satellite, cloud cover imagery from GOES-16
• Improved temperature map layer with contoured color map & interactive radar map
• Detail cards with Current Weather Conditions & 10 Day Hourly/Daily/Summary Forecasts
• Upgrade to Premium to access Smart Forecasts & view 15-Day Extended Forecasts
Have questions or feedback? Don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good app once again
UPDATE (5.x, 4 stars): Back a few years later for another look after Storm Radar went premium-only for basic features. This now allows users to reorganize or remove tiles, which reduces the scrolling to get to the features you use most, and the most important info fits on the first screen again. The $1.99/year option to remove ads works for me. But there is still too much wasted space (more than enough white space in the main screen for them to add the contents of the Details tile) and many radar layers/features are missing (pushing users toward Storm Radar premium).
ORIGINAL (3.0, 2 stars): The previous version was easily the best weather app: a single iPhone screen gave access to the current weather conditions, extended forecast, and local weather map -- and clicking on the relevant parts of the screen would bring up hourly forecasts for each day in the extended forecast, a full-screen weather map, or more details about the current conditions. Now they've decided to expand this main view to require 3 screens of scrolling to see the same information. If you enjoy scrolling through lots of unnecessary content while you're looking for the basics, this update might be for you.
Best weather app
I absolutely *adore* this weather app. I love that I can choose local weather stations that private individuals have set up, and I also can choose multiple weather stations near (blocks away, and in different directions from) where I live.
SF Bay Area microclimates are really difficult to deal with, lan for,,and dress for — unless you use the Wunderground weather app.
I love the accuracy of their weather-now data an& hourly forecasts. When I have Wunderground running, as well as other weather apps, 95 % of the time or more, Wunderground data is much more accurate than the other other weather apps.
I love that I can get daily & hourly forecasts, as well as detailed info rain/precipitation; wind speed & direction,; moon phases including new, half, & full moon dates; & more.
I love that I can set up a home location; & also can have multiple other cities that I frequently visit.
I love that there Windergrojnd has both an pp and widgets. And I love l that I can choose a dark background or light background.
My only suggestions / constructive criticisms / suggestions are: 1. the way one must access the non-home lovcstions could be more intuitive; and 2. the service outages, though not often, happen more than I would like. But when thevoutages occur the inadequacies of other weather apps and the lack of features and data are always a great reminder of why Wunderground is such a great weather app.
You ruined it - app deleted
Years ago my favorite weather app was The Weather Channel Premium. They charged a one time fee and had an excellent add free layout that made it easy to see everything. Then someone there decided to go the greedy route. They killed their premium app and tried to force those users over to their horribly designed regular app. Even if you paid for the overpriced subscription to get rid of advertising you were still left with an app full of videos and tons of scrolling to find menus to get to submenus to finally see what used to be easy to find in the premium app. The Weather Channel lost a lot of users with that lame move. Myself included. I finally found Weather Underground as a replacement. It WAS a great app. Now it seems your team has caught the same disease (greed) as the Weather Channel team. Your new app is a HUGE step backward in just about every way. Never mind that once again I either am forced to pay a recurring subscription or suffer the stupid ads. Who are you geniuses who think every consumer wants to pay dozens of subscriptions for everything? Anyhow, I know you won’t go back to what you had that WAS great. Companies that go this route never correct course. So, goodbye Weather Underground. Was nice while it lasted.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 125 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather $1.99
- Weather Underground Premium $19.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.