Discover reliable, real-time and hyper-local weather information: with data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model, Weather Underground gives you the most accurate and hyperlocal forecasts at a microclimate level. Find out about current conditions, interactive nexrad radar, and get customizable alerts and much more. You’ll always be prepared for whatever the weather brings.
5 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WEATHER UNDERGROUND
• Local conditions: get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future, which include chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Most detailed weather data: stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind directions, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Weather alerts: set weather alerts for your exact position, so you can always be prepared, rain or shine!
• Other geographical data: discover our air quality index, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customized experience: set your app with light & dark modes, various map types and units.
DISCOVER THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
• Over 250,000 personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions.
• Made to fill in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your feedback! Seriously, all of it. We’re working hard on making this the very best weather app. In this release we’re rolling out the following improvements:
· Rain and snow amounts added to daily forecast card in main feed
· Improved support for iPad, including landscape
· Various fixes for bugs and crashes
As always, please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wunderground’s recent improvements have really up’s it’s game. Having become disappointed with it’s lackluster reporting tools, I’d switched to Accuweather as my go to app. However after a long period, I came back for a look and was pleasantly surprised at how much improved it had become. From the hourly weather charts to the temperature and wind scale this is now becoming a serious app for people who take their weather seriously. I read everything from the radar screens to wind and weather fronts to make my own projections - not just basic temps. I like to track developing and changing weather fronts long before the local news makes a forecast.
So why am I giving the new app 3 stars? Because, unfortunately the folks who own the app tried to pull a fast one. Under the pretense of getting my “feedback”, I was routed to a survey page that was more interested in my income and demographics than in what I thought of the app. Perhaps understanding my income, education, number of children and ethnic background are important to determining how good the app is. However in a world if increasing violations of privacy and marketing of personal information- at a minimum it’s pretty bone head!
Sorry Wunderground, my personal information is only my business. Only three stars for not minding yours.
My FORMER go to weather app
What were y’all thinking. You took a great weather app and made it virtually useless. None of the features I liked are here any more. You showed the high and low of the day right there on the opening circle with the current temp. You omitted the predicted amount of rain from the daily forecast. You can no longer see where you are on the radar screen. If the pollen types and counts are here you’ve hidden them well. You took something as simple as the globe with the daylight hours and turned it upside down. Now, sunset is on the left and sunrise is on the right. NO ONE DOES THAT!! The day starts in the morning and ends at night. When I go to the feedback section, it’s just directions to do things. There is no place to actually write feedback or to contact you. Apparently you don’t want to hear from us. I don’t know which worthless weather app you were trying to be like, but apparently you succeeded. I’ll check back occasionally to see if you’ve come to your senses. Farewell for now. I’ll go back to weather bug.
Also, apparently you don’t want people seeing our written reviews. I can only find one, and I presume it’s the best one that’s come on. After I wrote this one, I occasionally come back to see if there has been a response from you. I don’t think you care. If I see an update come in, I may look at you again, but there certainly needs to be improvements for me to consider using you again. Hire some new programmers.
It used to be the best of the best!
I work in construction and having an accurate and detailed weather app is an essential tool in getting work done. Weather underground has since gone to the wind after some of the most useful features, as well as basic features, have been omitted.
1. Your location can no longer be seen on the map. This makes it hard to see how long we have to work until it’s supposed to rain, which allows us to gauge when we need to pack up our materials and tools so they don’t get wet.
2. Since there are many different locations where we work, finding a local station and accessing the forecast for that location is now substantially more difficult. On the overview map there used to be a feature where you could tap on a station and there was a prompt to “go to weather station”, which made it easy to view the forecast for that area. This feature has since been removed, making it more difficult to view the location where we plan to travel to work to see if weather would effect our work day.
In totality, weather underground used to be an amazing and useful tool, but has since been considered just another app that has diminished to subpar features compared to its previous version. Its very disappointing to see because it used to be the pinnacle of weather apps, and now it is reduced to being just another weather app.
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 130.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- WU Ad-Free for 1 year $1.99
- WU Premium (Yearly) $19.99
- WU Premium (Monthly) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.