Weather Underground is committed to delivering reliable, real-time weather information to users around the world. With data from over 250,000+ personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model, this free weather app provides users the most accurate, hyperlocal forecasts, current conditions, interactive nexrad radar, customizable alerts and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
Check current & future weather conditions for your microclimate:
• Get current weather conditions from local weather stations and hourly/daily summary forecasts up to 10 days in the future .
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure.
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries.
• Set weather alerts so you can always be prepared, rain or shine!
• Explore detailed weather data like air quality, UV index, local flu outbreaks, sunrise & sunset and moonrise & moonset.
• Customize your app experience with light & dark modes, map types and units.
What makes Weather Underground different from other weather apps?
Interactive radar maps & severe weather:
• The most interactive weather map on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays, personal weather stations, nexrad radar, satellite, heat maps, and rain accumulation.
• Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
• Customize the map by selecting specific weather data layers or choose from the various map presets.
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Accurate hyper-local forecasts:
Our 250,000+ personal weather stations report the most accurate local weather conditions. The data that we collect from personal weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
Subscribe to Premium!
• Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
• Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
• View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its 'hyper-local' data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
We redesigned the Weather Underground app and added more sophisticated weather visualizations & new Premium Features! New features in Version 6.1:
• Hi-res satellite, cloud cover imagery from GOES-16
• Improved temperature map layer with contoured color map & interactive radar map
• Detail cards with Current Weather Conditions & 10 Day Hourly/Daily/Summary Forecasts
• Upgrade to Premium to access Smart Forecasts & view 15-Day Extended Forecasts
Have questions or feedback? Don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It used to be the best of the best!
I work in construction and having an accurate and detailed weather app is an essential tool in getting work done. Weather underground has since gone to the wind after some of the most useful features, as well as basic features, have been omitted.
1. Your location can no longer be seen on the map. This makes it hard to see how long we have to work until it’s supposed to rain, which allows us to gauge when we need to pack up our materials and tools so they don’t get wet.
2. Since there are many different locations where we work, finding a local station and accessing the forecast for that location is now substantially more difficult. On the overview map there used to be a feature where you could tap on a station and there was a prompt to “go to weather station”, which made it easy to view the forecast for that area. This feature has since been removed, making it more difficult to view the location where we plan to travel to work to see if weather would effect our work day.
In totality, weather underground used to be an amazing and useful tool, but has since been considered just another app that has diminished to subpar features compared to its previous version. Its very disappointing to see because it used to be the pinnacle of weather apps, and now it is reduced to being just another weather app.
I’d like to know what kind of team at the weather channel thought this app was ready to be pushed out to their many thousands of users. I am a paying customer, so when I open my favorite weather app and see giant ads plastered all over the app, I take pause and wonder why. I tried to restore my purchase from the settings page, and there is “nothing to restore”... I’ll give TWC the benefit of the doubt, maybe it’s just a coincidence and my annual subscription has run out. Well, I’m not about to pay again to find out because with the recent update I no longer feel that this app is something worth supporting. The developers have taken a product that was nearly perfect, I mean a *really* good weather app, and made it just so disappointing. The previous layout that showed temperature and a small map when you first opened the app was great! Why on earth separate them? And why doesn’t the map show my location anymore??? That was an awesome feature... very useful to see exactly where I am in relation to rain. TWC messes with perfection, making changes for the sake of nothing more than making changes. The changes were not necessary and I’m beginning my search for a better weather app right now. I had been a customer for many years, but this this poorly executed “upgrade” has me fired up enough to drop wunderground completely.
Every update it’s something else
BEFORE ITS TOO LATE-DISABLE UPDATING THIS APP!!!!
Notice every 6.x update has the exact same explanation, we updated it to charge you for previously free features.
Well here’s the good kicker-this update deleted my Apple Watch complication (what you couldn’t figure out how to show ads there too?)
My weather station is the source for the downtown of my city and a huge recreation and pool complex, a source of pride. The profit of this has been a premium subscription to this app. With the seemingly slow but substantial downgrade of this app I will no longer contribute my data to be profited on as that deal is now too degraded. With all the complaints about ads getting worse (I don’t see ads)it is apparent that the only reason for this is pure profit off USER contributed data because nothing else is an “improvement” or a “new! exiting! premium feature!”.
Ever since the last merger someone seems intent on destroying this brands LOYAL following for more profit. Premium! job done. I would hope other weather data contributors will consider for themselves if they are happy with how this app has changed and if they feel if and if they want THEIR data to be this companies profit and to consider the sources that can be contributed to when purchasing a weather station. Unfortunately mine is only WU and unless something changes this will be the first factor I consider when it’s time to replace mine (no more AcuRite). What can IBM Watson do for you?
- Weather Underground, LLC
- 125.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright TWC Product and Technology LLC 2011, 2019
- In-App Purchases
- WU Ad-Free for 1 year $1.99
- WU Premium (Yearly) $19.99
- WU Premium (Monthly) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.