Always stay up to date with the weather with a stylish weather widget on your desktop! A selection of attractive widget designs to choose from.
Use the widget to give you an overview of the weather, or for a more in-depth forecast you can open the detailed weather window.
The Weather Widget app icon also gives you a brief forecast or overview of current conditions in both the Dock and the menu bar.
- Forecast locations worldwide
- Multiple locations support
- Imperial or Metric units (F & mph or C & km/h)
- Start at login option
- Choose from a selection of widget design options
- Move your widget anywhere on your desktop with the Click & Drag feature in the app preferences
- Option to resize your widget
- Option to change opacity of your widget (make it see-through)
- Hot corner functionality: set a hot corner to instantly reveal desktop & widget by moving mouse to that corner
- “Show Desktop” functionality: moves all windows away to show desktop & widget after a set period of inactivity
Menu bar Weather
- Menu bar can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- One click on menu bar shows brief drop-down forecast
- Easy access to app menu to open detailed weather window and app settings
- Click the dock icon once to bring up the detailed weather window
+ improved location search functionality
+ improved weather forecast accuracy and reliability
+ improvements and bug fixes
+ improved weather forecast window readability
Ratings and Reviews
Does what I need it to do
I just wanted a weather widget for my menu bar, that’s it! This app does just that and seems to work just fine. I don’t need the graphic on my desktop (nice style options to choose from btw) and the developers make it easy to not utilize the desktop graphic and keep the app hidden in the dock while it still displays temp in the menu bar. You can also have it load at startup with these settings and outside of a white box that appeared for several seconds it still works.
Good for what it does but obnoxious advertising
This is a nice app in that you can see the local temperature from the menu bar. The desktop view is a nice addition but generally useless since most of the time you have an app window covering that up.
The big problem is the obnixous pop-up begging you to upgrade to the premium version that appears after logging in to macOS. In case that's not clear; if you put your Mac to sleep and then wake it, you're getting pummeled with an ad.
I get it; the developer needs to make money. I WANT the developer to make money! So either charge for the app, or don't. But getting in your customers face every time they open their Mac is bad. That's like the mall shoving a pamphlet in your face at the door, begging you to buy from their big-box stores, when all you wanted to do was visit the food court.
Semi-accurate Hard to read
Not sure where they are getting their forecast data, but this app is right maybe 30% of the time in my area. Also, as others have mentioned it’s really hard to read, especially for someone that wears contacts or glasses already. The fonts are too thin, and I haven’t found a way to adjust the background opacity or font colors/sizes to make it more visible. Could stand a lot of improvements. *EDIT* I did find a way to adjust opacity, but it still needs an adjustable color background, and font size/choice to be viable in the future. I’ll hang on to it until the next upgrade and see if anything changes. If not, then it’s off to the trash bin for this one.😜
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Voros Innovation & Business Services Pty Ltd
- 286.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © VorInn 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.