Get the weather forecast in a beautiful and powerful app. See current and forecasted weather with a smart layout that updates as conditions change. And view precipitation, air quality, and temperature maps to see different conditions near you.
• View hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours and daily forecasts for the next ten days, including color-coded bars displaying the high and low temperatures.
• See government information about certain severe weather events including tornados, winter storms, flash floods, and more.
• View a chart that shows a minute‑by‑minute forecast of precipitation intensity over the next hour.
• Receive notifications when rain or snow is about to start or stop.
• See the most important weather information in a smart layout that adjusts to the current conditions.
• See a graphical representation of UV index, sunset, wind, and more.
• Beautifully animated backgrounds represent current weather conditions.
• View animated precipitation maps to see the path of a storm and intensity of upcoming rain and snow.
• Explore air quality and temperature maps to see different conditions near you.
• Pan and zoom to view other areas of the map, or use the list to quickly navigate to other saved locations.
• Monitor air quality using a color-coded scale that displays the air quality level and category.
• Easily see if air quality is better or worse than yesterday.
• View air quality-related health recommendations.
More ways to view Weather
• Add a Weather widget to your Home Screen to see the forecast at a glance, view severe weather information, and learn about upcoming shifts in weather.
• Use the Weather app on Apple Watch to see the forecast, view a minute-by-minute precipitation chart, get information about severe weather events, monitor air quality and UV Index, and more.
• Customize your Watch Face with weather complications to see conditions at a glance.
• Ask Siri weather questions such as “What’s the weather like today?”, “How windy is it out there?” or “What time is sunrise in Paris?”
* Some features available for select countries or regions.
Ratings and Reviews
Some good, some bad
There’re some things about this app that I like, but there’s some things that I don’t like. I really hate the radar, because of the background colors. I’m color blind and it’s hard to distinguish information on the map and since several other apps use your radar background, it’s hard to view their radar maps also. The background that you changed from, to this background was the worst move ever. There wasn’t anything wrong with the old background, so why did you change it? There’s a couple of other minor things that I could complain about, but you won’t change your app, so why waste my time telling you about them. But I do think the reason that you don’t do anything with your app, is because you took Dark Sky over (which is way better than this app) and you charge $3.99 to download it and if we don’t like your weather app, you’re hoping that we’ll pay to get the Dark Sky app. That means more money for Apple, which you obviously need to keep your profits up. You could simply integrate parts of Dark Sky, with your app, but you won’t do it. You’ve had plenty of time to do it up to now and you haven’t, so you I’m not going to hold my breath, waiting for you to do something to improve your app. Come on Apple, it’s time to sh•• or get off the pot.
Rain Notification and Rain Radar
I have been using the Weather app since my first Apple 3GS all the way to my current Apple 12. It’s an amazing app but it has two problems: 1) Under settings, I have the “allow weather to access” - location set to Always. But the last time we had rain I never got my rain start or rain stop notification. If I gave Weather permission to always access my location, why did I not recieve a rain start or rain stop notification? 😡
2) In the precipitation map, the rain is illustrated by a range of color to show llight rain to heavy rain. When you hit the play button on the Next - Hour Forecast to show the movement of the rain. The graphics in this application are poor compared to the weather channel app. The weather channel app shows a Radar map with rain movement illustrated in a bright green for light rain, yellow for moderate rain and red for heavy rain. Apple needs to improve this with a new radar/ doppler map with better graphics. 🤔
I sent Apple a Report an Issue message using the app but I never heard from them. Maybe the right person will read this and fix it.
My opinion on the weather app
In my professional opinion, I believe that the weather app is an extremely useful tool in trying to tell the weather because it tells you the weather. In addition not only does it tell the weather, but it also tells you the temperature! I find this extremely useful when I want to know what the weather or temperature is because this app tells you what the weather and temperature is. HOWEVER…… there is a slight problem which I wish to be solved in the weather app which tells the weather and the temperature. I think that it should be able to tell you what the weather and temperature for future days are. For example if today is Friday and I know the weather and temperature for Friday, it doesn’t tell you what the weather and temperature for Sunday is. I understand that being able to tell the weather and temperature is difficult, but I believe in you, weather app creators. This is a call to arms telling you to please add this. In conclusion I would say that’s is the only problem with the weather app which tells the weather and temperature.
James Janquavious Richard Arlington the third of dukesbury
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.