Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world!
WeatherBug is easy to use and provides forecasts for your every need, from storm warnings to pollen levels. Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
The weather app has 18 different weather maps, including: Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity.
Join the millions who rely on WeatherBug for weather forecasts every day!
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
YOUR WEATHER FORECAST
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how the weather will impact your trips, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Weather Widget: Customize your alerts and display with weather widgets
• Weather Alerts: get alerted to weather conditions and storms
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: Doppler radar across the US, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Spark Lightning Alerts: get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Hurricane Center: hurricane forecasts and changing conditions stay informed
• Fire Center: global fire data to know when you are at risk
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
MORE THAN JUST RAIN
• Pollen Count: Keep your allergies in check by knowing what the local pollen conditions are like
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View local traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Air Quality: Get an in-depth look at the air quality around you
• Precise Weather Details: Wind speed, UV index, weather observations and more
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
• Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
CONNECT WITH US
• Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherBug
• Follow us on Twitter - @WeatherBug
• Check us out on Instagram - @weatherbug
• Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Download the weather forecast app used and loved by millions, awarded the "Best Weather App" in 2019 and 2016 by Mediapost Appy Awards. Also, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine: WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite Weather App
I really like this app - I have the regular weather app on my iPhone and I have this one. The weather forecasting on weather seems historically to be more accurate. Also it gives me several features which I use regularly and have come to depend on: perhaps the most important of these is weather alerts from the national weather service regional service office. These alerts include things like winter storm warnings, high wind warnings, severe weather (hail) warnings, flood warnings, etc. it tells how far away the lightening strikes occurring in the last 30 minutes are. In the winter these are typically over 1000 miles, but in the summer they can be less than a mile. I like the radar view feature, the highway camera view feature, the detailed hour by hour feature. This is really a great app and I use it a lot! Many thanks to the provider!
Still not good
I thought I'd try it again on my new iPhone. I had purchased the Elite, a lifetime payment of $9, a couple of years ago. It located a city several miles away while other weather apps found a site much closer. The app took up too much space so I deleted it.
Well I gave it another shot. I followed the directions to put it in my iCloud. It didn't transfer to the new phone, and when I attempted to contact support and send feedback four different times. Their response? None. No response. What terrible customer service. The other weather apps that I've used actually answer a customer back.
I kept at it trying to figure out why the app wouldn't transfer and it didn't show up on my list of apps but did show up when I synced my old phone. I located an area on my library in iTunes for hidden apps, and re activated it. Now I could download and view it. What a waste of time! The same old problem of location and stick with pictures and videos. While they may be interesting I don't want them on my phone.
I did gain one thing in the whole process though. I found my hidden apps section, and I got Weatherbug off my phone again.
There are much better weather apps that gives accurate data out there. What a waste of my time and money!
I’ve used WeatherBug Elite and it’s earlier versions for years. For some time now, I’ve been noticing that it totally missed the forecast. Since I was a longtime user, I just put up with the inaccuracies. Friends have used other, better apps and would often know better what the weather would do. Today was the final straw. The hourly presentation showed 0% throughout the day. No hint of precipitation anywhere the WeatherBug forecast. None. Of course it was pouring rain with lightning, thunder and pea-sized hail. No hint at all from WeatherBug. NONE!!! I was getting significant weather warnings from other apps, but WeatherBug was showing sunny with 0% chance of precip. If this was just one isolated incident, I’d blow it off. But this is the norm for WeatherBug.
I gave it two stars because the radar presentation is actually quite good. I spent 30+ years as a radar air traffic controller, so I know what I’m talking about. I’m also a commercially rated pilot. I have formal education and training in meteorology.
If the radar presentation wasn’t good on this app I’d permanently delete it.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We definitely want to look into this issue and make sure that it is corrected. Please send us an email to email@example.com so that we can understand the problem better and try to fix it for you. Thank you for your time. We appreciate your continued support!
- xAd, Inc.
- 268.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © WeatherBug
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.