WeatherBug Elite 4+
Local Weather, Radar, Maps
Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world!
WeatherBug is easy to use and provides forecasts for your every need, from storm warnings to pollen levels. Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
The weather app has 18 different weather maps, including: Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity.
Join the millions who rely on WeatherBug for weather forecasts every day!
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
YOUR WEATHER FORECAST
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how the weather will impact your trips, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Weather Widget: Customize your alerts and display with weather widgets
• Weather Alerts: get alerted to weather conditions and storms
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: Doppler radar across the US, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Spark Lightning Alerts: get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Hurricane Center: hurricane forecasts and changing conditions stay informed
• Fire Center: global fire data to know when you are at risk
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
MORE THAN JUST RAIN
• Pollen Count: Keep your allergies in check by knowing what the local pollen conditions are like
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View local traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Air Quality: Get an in-depth look at the air quality around you
• Precise Weather Details: Wind speed, UV index, weather observations and more
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
• Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
CONNECT WITH US
• Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherBug
• Follow us on Twitter - @WeatherBug
• Check us out on Instagram - @weatherbug
• Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Download the weather forecast app used and loved by millions, awarded the "Best Weather App" in 2019 and 2016 by Mediapost Appy Awards. Also, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine: WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).
Additional enhancements in the latest version:
In this update, you will find the All Stations section on the Observation card. All Stations section provides a detailed comparison of Tempest & Professional stations' weather information with an added feature to view each station's weather information.
Thank you for your support!
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite Weather App
I really like this app - I have the regular weather app on my iPhone and I have this one. The weather forecasting on weather seems historically to be more accurate. Also it gives me several features which I use regularly and have come to depend on: perhaps the most important of these is weather alerts from the national weather service regional service office. These alerts include things like winter storm warnings, high wind warnings, severe weather (hail) warnings, flood warnings, etc. it tells how far away the lightening strikes occurring in the last 30 minutes are. In the winter these are typically over 1000 miles, but in the summer they can be less than a mile. I like the radar view feature, the highway camera view feature, the detailed hour by hour feature. This is really a great app and I use it a lot! Many thanks to the provider!
I’ve used WeatherBug Elite and it’s earlier versions for years. For some time now, I’ve been noticing that it totally missed the forecast. Since I was a longtime user, I just put up with the inaccuracies. Friends have used other, better apps and would often know better what the weather would do. Today was the final straw. The hourly presentation showed 0% throughout the day. No hint of precipitation anywhere the WeatherBug forecast. None. Of course it was pouring rain with lightning, thunder and pea-sized hail. No hint at all from WeatherBug. NONE!!! I was getting significant weather warnings from other apps, but WeatherBug was showing sunny with 0% chance of precip. If this was just one isolated incident, I’d blow it off. But this is the norm for WeatherBug.
I gave it two stars because the radar presentation is actually quite good. I spent 30+ years as a radar air traffic controller, so I know what I’m talking about. I’m also a commercially rated pilot. I have formal education and training in meteorology.
If the radar presentation wasn’t good on this app I’d permanently delete it.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We definitely want to look into this issue and make sure that it is corrected. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can understand the problem better and try to fix it for you. Thank you for your time. We appreciate your continued support!
Great weather summaries but harder to read now
I've used WeatherBug Elite for many years and much preferred the interface of it vs the newer WeatherBug app. While I was glad to see it's been updated, as I've been getting warnings about it being an old app that could slow down my phone, it is harder to see the information. (1) the darker background of the old version was better; (2) now more 'white' space on the 10-day tab so you see less days on the screen without scrolling; (3) most annoying is the huge space right below the current temperature!
Otherwise, I like we can reorganize the tiles. Why I still like the app: very pleased with the weather conditions info, forecast, weather alerts. What really appeals to me is that WeatherBug uses local weather stations-ours is at the elementary school a mile away.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- xAd, Inc.
- 196.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WeatherBug
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.