Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world!
Enjoy Free access to 10-Day Forecast and over 140 hours of Hourly Forecast!
WeatherBug is easy to use and provides forecasts for your every need, from storm warnings to pollen levels. Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
The weather app has 18 different weather maps, including: Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity.
Join the millions who rely on WeatherBug for weather forecasts every day!
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
YOUR WEATHER FORECAST
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 19 weather maps
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how the weather will impact your trips, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Weather Widget: Customize your alerts and display with weather widgets
• Weather Alerts: get alerted to weather conditions and storms
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• Weather Radar: available across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Europe
• PulseRad® Radar: radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology
• Spark Lightning Alerts: get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Hurricane Center: hurricane forecasts and changing conditions stay informed
• Fire Center: global fire data to know when you are at risk
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
MORE THAN JUST RAIN
• Pollen Count: Keep your allergies in check by knowing what the local pollen conditions are like
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View local traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Air Quality: Get an in-depth look at the air quality around you
• Precise Weather Details: Wind speed, UV index, weather observations and more
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
• Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
CONNECT WITH US
• Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherBug
• Follow us on Twitter - @WeatherBug
• Check us out on Instagram - @weatherbug
• Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Download the weather forecast app used and loved by millions, awarded the "Best Weather App" in 2019 and 2016 by Mediapost Appy Awards. Also, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine: WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).
Additional enhancements in the latest version:
We regularly update our app to include the latest bug fixes and improve speed and reliability.
Love the app? Rate us!
Thank you for your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Be a better forecaster than anyone!
This is the best weather app I have ever tried because you can look at the actual map and see your exact location and watch storms and lightning and wind speed temperature you name it in real time. This means that you are a better weather forecaster than a professional for your particular location. For example I can look at the map and see exactly where a little storm The size of a small neighborhood is heading towards my house. The weather channel or places like weather on google cannot give you accurate weather like this because a lot of storm clouds especially in Florida are small enough to invade the radar of professional weatherman. On the map you can switch between all sorts of different weather layers and I usually use the storm and lightning and temperature and air quality. So if I’m driving to a particular beach I can actually avoid storm clouds on the way by finding a different route because the storm clouds in Florida can be so tiny sometimes you can also press play and watch the storms and wear the direction that they are moving in so you can estimate when and where a storm will be
My phone is just over 2 years old. It’s still perfectly capable of doing just about anything I want it to. In the meantime, Weatherbug has been my go-to weather app. I like the interface, there’s lots of useful information, and it’s lightning tracker is the best of any other app I’ve used that even has one. Unfortunately this app has become a resource hog. I’ve been experiencing a lot of issues with my phone getting very hot and the battery draining very quickly, as much as 50% overnight if I’m not charging it. I’ve been checking the Battery option under settings when this happens, it’s always Weatherbug. I finally disabled background permissions for the app and even reinstalled it and reconfigured all of my settings, and it still hogs my phone. I am no longer of the belief that that turning off background permissions even does anything. I think it just ignores this, because how do I justify that Weatherbug has been using 59% of my battery compared to every other app under 5%? I don’t want/need a new phone, but I think this means it’s time to find another weather app.
I did exactly what the developers told me to do and turned off precise location. There hasn’t been much improvement and my phone is still getting warm. This morning I woke up to find my battery at 16%. It was at 85% when I went to bed. I checked the battery activity in settings and this app was 62% of my usage and I never opened it yesterday. It has been removed from my phone.
Developer Response ,
Dear User, We are aware of this issue and our engineers are currently working on the problem. Meanwhile, we request you to please disable the "precise location" setting for the WeatherBug app as that will ensure the app does not run in the background all the time. If the issue is still present, please reach out to us email@example.com so we can assist you on the best possible manner. We regret the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience and support. - WeatherBug Team
Weather Bug will kidnap Your Device
Weather bug will completely lock up your devices screen. When you try to open the app you’ll get a pop up giving you two choices 1. Give them permission to track you or 2. Ask them not to track you. Seriously, do you really think they won’t track you or track you less because you clicked ASK NOT TO TRACK. You have to click a choice which I refused. I tried to get out of the app and it had frozen my screen. It would not let me out. Even when I got to my apps to try to uninstall, I had to keep hitting the Home button to get to settings and continue to hit it as I scrolled to the app to attempt to uninstall from there since it wouldn’t allow an uninstall on the main screen. I still couldn’t uninstall it. I had to shut down my device then start it back up, then I was able to uninstall it without opening it and starting the same problem all over again. I understand that these free apps use advertisements to earn money. My issue is that they don’t even offer at least a 10 day trail period in which you could try the app out to see if it’s worth allowing them to track you. I wish these apps would offer an affordable yearly no tracking, no advertising plan. I would be willing to pay $15 to $20 yearly to not be tracked or bothered by annoying advertising. I also don’t appreciate an app that kidnaps my device with no other option but to completely shut down my device to get out of it and delete it. Not Cool Folks!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We would really appreciate it if you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can understand and fix this issue. Thank you for your time. - WeatherBug Team
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Health & Fitness
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- xAd, Inc.
- 164 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WeatherBug
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Ad Free Subscription $1.99
- Annual Ad Free Subscription $10.99