While death and taxes may be most certain, weather and travel take a close second. Weathered Road is all about informing the traveler of this ever-changing relationship in the simplest way possible.
Utilizing the trusted sources of Google Maps and Forecast.io, Weathered Road shows weather conditions not only at your starting point and destination, but at points along your route as well. Weather conditions are based on when you will either pass through or arrive at each location.
- Quick and simple visual markers along your route show real-time conditions
- Weather details at each point along your route based on when you'll pass through
- Overall high and low temperatures for each trip
- One click to open your route in Google Maps, Waze, or Apple Maps
© 2018 Weathered Road
Brought to you by Jason Flanigan and Austin Frank
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Squashed some bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For knowing the weather along a route, this is awesome. If it had these things, I would even pay a couple bucks for it:
1. Current road conditions. Knowing the weather is great but since it snowed last night I’d like to know what shape the roads are in for my trip home. The weather may be sunny, but the roads may be ice-covered and I don’t know that. (That is currently my real-life situation!)
2. Ability to save frequent trips.
Other than those things, it’s a great little app.
Looks useful, but UI could use some polish.
My daily commute is 140 miles, and because of my location and the changes in altitude during that commute, weather can take a serious toll on me if I want to take the motorcycle instead of the car.
The app does what it says it does: Using my current location and setting my home address shows me the current weather in the three areas it's most important: Starting point, middle (ish) point, and destination.
Not a big fan of ads without a way to remove them, so that's a hit.
More specifically, I think it'd be handy to be able to create trips that you take on a regular basis (e.g., commutes) so that I could bring them up without having to enter address location each time.
Perhaps even add support for pulling address content from your contacts?
Just some thoughts. Overall, pretty solid beginning.
Simple and effective
Great idea and well executed. Love the multiple weather conditions called out along the route. Perfect for my hour-long daily commute as well as motorcycle rides.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.