WeatherGeek Pro 2 is a premium weather application which brings the world’s most advanced weather data right to your fingertips! For the first time on a mobile app, view the same numerical weather models professional meteorologists use to develop their forecasts on our beautiful Retina-quality graphical interface. If you’re a serious WeatherGeek who likes to dive into the data, this is the app you’ve been dreaming of!
Choose weather maps for North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and tropical regions* from our “global” suite of models which include the GFS (Global Forecasting System), GEFS (Global Ensemble Forecasting System), the NAEFS (North American Ensemble Forecast System), the WW3 (Wave Watch 3) Model and the ECMWF (European) Model.
You can also choose “regional” weather maps for North America, the United States and Alaska from the NAM (North American Mesoscale), NAM-HIRES (4km NAM), the SREF (Short Range Ensemble Forecast), the HRW-NMMB, and the HRW-ARW (High Resolution Window WRF).
Scan the atmosphere in three dimensions by checking out skew-t (weather balloon data) charts for the continental United States.**
Not a huge WeatherGeek and want to see more traditional weather maps? No problem! Check out our WPC Interface which allows you to view current and future surface weather maps out to seven days along with QPF (Quantified Precipitation Forecast) maps, and other weather hazard maps for the United States and southern Canada.**
Easily navigate through the maps by simply swiping your finger to advance or go backwards in time. You can also swipe your finger up and down to control which level of the atmosphere you are viewing. To see more detail for your area, easily zoom in and out on the maps by pinching or stretching. Drag your finger around on the map to scroll. Tap the play button to animate the maps and to see weather features progress in time. Draw on the maps using the drawing tool. Best of all, you have the ability to share all of these map images on popular social networking platforms like Twitter with the tap of your finger.
• Numerical weather model maps for the United States, North America, South America, Africa, North Pacific, East Pacific, Western Atlantic, Atlantic, Europe, Asia, Australia*** and the South Pacific.*
• GFS, GEFS, NAEFS, WW3, POLAR, NAM, NAM4, SREF, HRW-NMMB, HRW-ARW, ECMWF**, HRRR Operational** models available.
• Display multiple levels such as surface, 850mb, 700mb, 500mb, 300mb, 250mb, 200mb plus many more.
• View a variety of products such as precipitation, thickness, winds, pressure, vorticity, precipitable water, relative humidity, heights, streamlines and simulated radar.
• Access U.S. and southern Canada weather maps from the WPC (Weather Prediction Center) including current and future surface maps out to 7 days, QPF and weather hazard maps.**
• View skew-t charts (weather balloon data) for stations across the continental U.S.**
• Display upper air maps.
• Zoom and scroll maps.
• Animate maps.
• Draw on maps.
• Access MOS tables for the U.S. (MAV, MET, MEX, GFS LAMP).
• Instantly access many U.S. National Weather Service text products.
*support for regions other than the U.S. or North America require an in-app purchase
**requires an in-app purchase
- Fixed integration with NCEP MAG server which repaired GFS, NAM-HIRES and HRW-NMMB models.
- New products added to certain models.
- Added HRRR Operational Model.
- Other minor stability improvements and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Still having issues with HRRR exp and RAP models.
Great App for Amateur Meteorologists
This is a great weather app if you're interested in looking at what might happen in the future of a weather forecast. It's not hard to understand. Don't let the acronyms scare you. :)
Thanks for the update, BTW!
The best weather app out their for weather models, even has the EMCWF. You can't touch this kind of information with out shelling out big bucks at payed internet weather sites.
- Hurricane Baby, LLC
- 10 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2014 Hurricane Baby, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- ECMWF Model Interface
- HRRR Model Interface $1.99
- Skew-T Chart Interface $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.