Freely adjust all webcam’s settings, so you’d look great when using FaceTime, Skype, iStopMotion, or other apps!
Webcam Settings Control allows you customize all settings of your webcam, including exposure time, contrast, saturation, white balance, & many more. And you can adjust zoom, pan, tilt, and camera focus as well. It supports both built-in webcams like Built-in iSight, FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera, and external USB webcams!
• List of Supported Settings
- Auto Exposure
- Exposure Time
- White Balance Temperature
- Backlight Compensation
- Noise Reduction
- Auto Focus Mode
(This list might vary depending on what settings your webcam actually supports)
• Works with ANY App (both Desktop Apps & Web Apps) that uses your webcam, including:
- Photo Booth
- ooVoo Video Call
- Google Hangouts Video Chat
- Facebook Messenger Video Call
- And Many More!
• Control Exposure, Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, White Balance & many other settings to improve video quality!
• Use Zoom, Pan & Tilt to zoom-in on just your head and shoulders for a more professional appearance.
• Manually customize camera focus to maintain clarity all the time.
• Supports both built-in webcams & external USB webcams.
• View the results of all adjustments in Real-time as you make changes. All adjustments take effect instantly!
• Save all current settings as presets for quicker access later on.
• Reset all settings and restore everything to default anytime you want.
• Directly communicates with the your webcam and control the device on a hardware level.
Wish to manually change your webcam settings based on your needs, right? Especially when you have lighting problems, or want to zoom in for closer look. Then Webcam Settings Control is the app for you!
If you have problems or questions about this app, please contact the developer at: email@example.com .
* Webcam Settings Control only works with UVC (USB Video Class) webcams and built-in webcams, and doesn’t support FireWire webcams.
* Some settings might not be available to all webcams. The device needs to have the related feature if you want to adjust a given setting. For example, if your webcam doesn’t support zoom, pan, and tilt, the controls for them would be greyed out. So please contact the manufacture to find out more device info.
* New app name.
* Small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app functions most of the time. It won't stay in the tool bar which is frustrating since you need to have your camera running and be able to adjust the settings at the same time. The settings are not intuitive either. I would expect things like brightness, saturation, contrast and color correction but there are a lot of other settings that make no sense and I don't see any explanation. The "auto" settings don't always override other settings. There seem to be a lot of overlap on settings without an explanation of how they differ. For example: Gain, Exposure Time, Gamma and Briightness seem like they should all effect the brightness of the image. Why have 4 different settings. Overall, marginally functional but could be good if the developer cleaned up these issues.
Catalina with Logitech c920
I have tried Quicktime, Zoom and Skype and so far they all work perfect. I can manually expose, zoom, autofocus, white balance etc. while using these apps. Some of them are already available in Logitech software but it is cumbersome to go back and forth to make adjustments plus for some reason Logi capture in my case is using too much CPU. This allows me to do all those and some more adjustments while using the apps. It is well worth the money if you need the manual adjustments in a convinient way. The only thing I would change, maybe it is something I have not figured out yet, is to be able to move around the adjustment menu. So far I can only use it from the menu bar as a drop down menu and most of the time it overlaps with the video image, which means I need to resize and move the video window to be able to do the adjustments. Other than that, it has everything I need and works flawless so far with my setup.
Absolute garbage, don't waste your time
I installed it and the good news is that it did see my usb-based webcam, which is a decent third-party one but that tends to overexpose and burn out faces when brightly lit against dark backgrounds. The image that appeared in this utility was literally reverse colors and extremely dark. It looked like an Andy Warhol silkscreen. The sliders did move the image in the right direction, but never enough to bring the picture out of green skin, purple hair and very, very dark exposure. I am experienced in color correction and have, for example, used photoshop literally since the first release. THIS IS A USELESS WASTE OF MONEY. Don't buy it.
The developer, Wang Fu Chi, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wang Fu Chi
- 1.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 WMACAPPS
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.