Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using FaceTime, Photo Booth or Skype on your Mac.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt - Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.
• Add support for macOS Catalina (10.15).
• Add support for Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam.
• Add support for Logitech BRIO Webcam.
• Remember last used webcam when app launched.
Ratings and Reviews
Looks and is too good to be true.
I researched this app before purchasing as I just upgraded to a 2020 iMac. I also have a nice external webcam and thought this would allow me to control it better as the company that makes the webcam has drivers that don't work well with macOS. Upon downloading the app, it appeared to work wonderfully with all the settings, as promised. And you can definitely control all sorts of functions with an external webcam through this app. But, VERY unfortunately, after about 1 hour of use, it started to 'freeze' images and/or free the audio. The only way to get it to work again was to stop the video and re-start it. I tried all sorts of solutions and non-worked. EVEN WORSE, after un-installing the software, my webcam didn't work properly any more until I deleted the previous driver and had to reinstall and restart my machine. Thankfully, it is all working well now. Only after all this did I find a FREE APP that does a great job (with somewhat less functionality than promised in this app) with resizing, focus, lighting, zooming, etc. That APP is simple called "Camera Settings" and you can find it online and download. At least this one works. Save yourself a lot of headaches and fears about ruining your software on your nice computer and don't download this app.
Amazing! I use it with Logitech 930c and Zoom
I'm going to basically copy and paste what another reviewer "Bob" said recently, because it 100% reflects my experience of this brilliant app. Best investment to supplement my new webcam on a Mac:
I got this app because the Logitech 930c webcam I use for zoom calls doesn't allow for any settings on Mac. This app does the job perfectly, including storing presets. I have some video lighting set up in my office and I can switch with one click between the perfectly tuned setting between natural ambient light and pro lighting.
One unexpected bonus is that even though these Logitech cameras are not very good at adjusting to the extreme lighting conditions in my office (not enough ambient light for the default settings, too much light with the video lights on), I was able to create manual presets for each scenario and now they produce a great looking video feed for Zoom calls even with ambient office light only. So if you have poor lighing conditions in your home/office for video calls, if you have at least a halfway decent webcam, this app may save you the cost of getting additional lighting.
Just what I needed, but a little buggy
This app is exactly what I was looking for to finetune the video of my Logitech C920 camera, which by default was way too bright. I am now having great results using Zoom. I would give five star where it not for some bugs. For example, the manual gain settings do no seem to reliably restore when switching between a saved preset and aperture priority... If I go to apperture priortiy, then select a preset, the gain doesn't change back. I have to switch away from the preset to a different one, then back in order to actually get the Gain that I saved to the preset. Annoying, but not a deal breaker. Also, there is no obvious way to reset sliders to defaults after playing with them. Being able to option-click on a slider to reset to its zero position (a standard Mac convention) would be _very_ helpful. Make these updates, and this is a five star app in my book.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Liang-Hsin Chen
- 1.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Mactaris
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.