Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using FaceTime, Photo Booth or Skype on your Mac.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt - Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.
• Add "Update Profile" button in "Profile Management" section.
• Fix an issue where multiple profiles with the same name may be listed in the menu.
Ratings and Reviews
useless to me
I hooked up a Logitec Web Cam Pro 9000 to my Mac Mini, it came with software for Windows that allowed me to digitally adjust the pan, tilt, zoom, and resolution on the camera and also had tracking capabilities. Unfortunately Logitec didn’t offer this software for Apple, at least I couldn’t find it. I found this app in the store and bought it because of the positive reviews but was very disappointed with it. When the camera is not being used by another application this application can activate the digital pan and tilt functions but doesn’t have controls for zoom, motion tracking or resolution selection. When the camera is being used by FaceTime I couldn’t activate the pan or tilt functions. This app is pretty much useless to me, fortunately $8 isn’t going to break me.
Great for a Photo booth if you are using a WebCam
If you have a Macintosh Computer you already have the program Photo Booth and for a very small investment you can set up a very nice Photo Booth, this program Webcam Settings supplies everything you need to have basic controls of your WebCam. Forget about printing the pictures, Apple’s program Photo Booth makes it very easy to apply effects and email the photo you have just taken, in my opinion much nicer then printing some little strip of pictures. Everyone has a smart phone now days and they can forward it to anyone they want to. Well worth the small price that they charge. Anyone can be taught to use it in about 15 minutes. This would be a really nice add-on service for any videographer, photographer, or anyone just wanting to set up what has become a very popular Service for any special event.. And the nice thing you can email the pictures allowing you to charge a much lower fee then people who print the pictures.
Works great! Microsoft LifeCam 1080p on El Capitan
Title says it all really…I use a Microsoft LifeCam 1080p on OS X El Capitan.
I put off buying this app for the longest time and today I just said screw it, I’m going to get it.
I know it seems rather expensive for just a basic functioning app like this that sends USB commands and that’s pretty much it — however, it does work really well and also has the option to save profiles, which I really like. Even works with the built in Face Time camera.
I’m giving it 4 stars because I believe this app should cost only 4.99 — however I realize that Apple takes a cut of every sale, so that’s probably why it’s priced like it is.
To the developer — thank you very much, my videos are looking so much better now.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.