WebMO allows users to build and view molecules in 3-D, visualize orbitals and symmetry elements, lookup chemical information and properties from external databases, and access state-of-the-art computational chemistry programs.
WebMO is recommended for students and faculty in high school, college, and graduate school who desire mobile access to molecular structures, information, and calculations.
WebMO capabilities include:
- Build molecules by drawing atoms and bonds in a 3-D molecular editor, or by speaking the name (e.g., “aspirin”)
- Optimize structures using VSEPR theory or molecular mechanics
- View Huckel molecular orbitals, electron density, and electrostatic potential
- View molecular vibrations
- View point group and symmetry elements of molecules
- Lookup basic molecular information, including IUPAC and common names, stoichiometry, molar mass
- Lookup chemical data from PubChem and ChemSpider
- Lookup experimental and predicted molecular properties from external databases (NIST, Sigma-Aldrich)
- Lookup IR, UV-VIS, NMR, and mass spectra from external databases (NIST, SDBS)
- Capture high-resolution molecular images
- Save and recall molecular structures locally
- Export and import structures via email
WebMO is also a front-end to WebMO servers (version 14 and higher):
- Supports Gaussian, GAMESS, Molpro, MOPAC, NWChem, ORCA, PQS, PSI, Quantum Espresso, VASP, Q-Chem, and Tinker computational chemistry programs
- Submit, monitor, and view calculations
- View formatted tabular data extracted from output files, as well as raw output
- Visualize geometry, partial charges, dipole moment, normal vibrational modes, molecular orbitals, and NMR/IR/UV-VIS spectra
* Updates to molecule import by name
Ratings and Reviews
Great for students!
As a student I am constantly referring back to this app to help give myself an idea of a particular molecules reactive sites, it’s also really great to understand the planes that molecules are in!
Could be great if it didn't crash
It could be a great teaching app but keeps crashing constantly. I've installed it on my iPhone 8 with iOS 13.2 and also on my iPad mini gen 1 iOS 9.3.6, happens in both.
I truly hope it is fixed on next releases, only then I'll pay for it. Until then I'll keep using iSpartan for my classes does similar things but requires internet connection and does not offers free servers for submitting calculations.
Rich functionality, intuitive interface
Nice array of functionality with an intuitive interface. There is a decent variety of information that you can obtain about a molecule; Pm6 calculation results can be generated.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WebMO, LLC
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 WebMO, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- WebMO Premium $4.99
- WebMO Premium for paid users $0.00