Webroot® WiFi Security is different from a traditional VPN. Unlike the competition, Webroot WiFi Security isn’t demanding or difficult to set up. It just takes a single tap or click to activate all your protection features, so you know your connection is secure, anonymous, and most importantly, private. Plus, we don’t track or log your activity online—ever.
• Ultimate Privacy: Keeps your identity and personal information secure
• Anonymous Browsing: Hides your IP address and location so no one can track you
• Fast, Secure Experience: Won’t affect your connection speed
• Easy-to-use Interface: Activates full protection with a single tap or click
• No Data Restrictions: Won’t impact your data limit
• Auto-connect: Automatically keeps you safe wherever you go
• Zero Activity Logging: Never monitors, retains, or logs your activity online
• Full Data Encryption: Protects your online activity from prying eyes
• Multi-device Protection: Secure up to 5 different devices with one license
• Global Coverage: Lets you choose your favorite locations from 34+ countries
• Award-winning Customer Service: When you need help, our in-house team is standing by
Why do I need WiFi Security?
A busy, mobile lifestyle often means you connect to WiFi networks wherever you can find them—coffee shops, airports, train stations, hotels, restaurants, and hundreds more. But you can’t trust everyone who connects to those networks.
Webroot WiFi Security is private, anonymous, and secure. This easy-to-use VPN keeps you and your family safe, wherever you connect. Download your free trial today!
• Webroot® WiFi Security begins with a 7-day free trial, after which it is a paid subscription service. Choose from annual or monthly subscriptions, priced at $3.99/month or $39.99/year (covers up to 3 devices), or $5.99/month or $59.99/year (covers up to 5 devices).
• If you cancel your subscription during the 7-day trial period, you will not be charged.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeit upon purchase of a full subscription.
• Subscription costs will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew and your account will be charged 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period, per the plan you selected. You can opt out of automatic renewal at any time in your Account Settings.
For full Subscription Terms and conditions, read the Webroot Subscription Agreement for Consumers at www.webroot.com/ServiceTerms
Webroot does not collect or log browsing activity, IP addresses, or downloaded data. Read the Webroot® WiFi Security Privacy Statement at www.webroot.com/us/en/legal/privacy
Due to government restrictions, Webroot WiFi Security service may not be available in the following countries (this depends on ISP, region and time factor): China, Russia, Egypt and UAE. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Connect with us:
Added additional language support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome VPN with a few bugs
I purchased Webroot for my trip to China and I just say I was impressed! While many of the other members in my group could not get their VPNs to connect, Webroot was slow, but successful, and worked exactly as I expected.
In the US, this is one of the fastest connecting VPNs I have seen, and very simple to use, however it still has a few annoying bugs...
The app will occasionally log me out randomly if it has not been used for a few hours, and there is no option (as far as I can find) that will keep me logged in. I assume this is for security reasons, but a toggle to keep me logged in would make this a 5 star review!
Buggy as hell and insecure please read
UPDATE: Tried several times to call the number provided by Webroot in response to this review only to be hung up on every time before reaching a rep. Stay away from this VPN. Buy NordVPN instead. Webroot is slow, extreme throttling, randomly disconnects without notification leaving you vulnerable (even with the auto reconnect feature engaged) the server selection page gets stuck every single day and on top of all that somehow websites are retaining my information when using this “VPN” even after I clear my cach and use a Privacy Orientated browser like Duck Duck Go. How can this be? Simple Webroot is clearly not nearly as effective as they would lead you to believe. Run away, just run away from this crapware. And the hangups on their customer service line exhibits this company’s don’t give a crap attitude.
Wanted to like this app but it randomly crashes on my iOS devices. Drops out or try’s to connect to a server I never asked it to. Even when it connects to the server I requested it often just freezes and will not load any pages forcing me to switch to a different server. Right now I can not even get the app to load after numerous attempts and various methods. I don’t know what the developers are doing but from the user end it does not seem to be much as these issues have been a problem from the beginning.
Developer Response ,
Would you mind reaching out to our support team so we can investigate this further? We can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.
Lara - Webroot Community Team
Not sure after a month if it’s worth it
I’m not sure after a month if I’ll keep this app. The benefits don’t outweigh the cost in my opinion and I’m not talking about $3.99 a month. After the first week I noticed that I was charged according to the what the app said was a day early not a big deal, but I have had this persistent problem of my VPN not shutting off when I’m at home. Now before I get a response to this from Webroot I did open a customer service ticket over this. They said that it basically is apples or the phones fault for not sending the correct information to the app. They suggested to make it a safe network in the app which I did. It still time in and time out views my secure network at home as unsafe. The problem is not user error, it’s the app. The fact that people have to write you all to tell you this app is glitchy at $3.99 is beyond me. Is that not what we pay you to do. If an update isn’t issued I’m going to cut my subscription. Also the cookie cutter responses from customer service may be what people are referring to as rude. I simply just see them a dismissive and a waste of my time.
Developer Response ,
I understand you are frustrated with the WiFi Security application and the connection shutting off on it's own. Also, thank you for contacting our support team as that helps us to improve the product. If you still have your ticket open, you can request information about a refund through them, and they will get you taken care of. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we hope we can improve your experience with Webroot from here on.
Lara - Webroot Community Team
- Webroot Inc.
- 88.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Webroot Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 7 Day Free Trial, 3 Devices $3.99
- 7 Day Free Trial, 3 Devices $39.99
- 7 Day Free Trial, 5 Devices $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.