Best iOS SSH and SFTP Client for you!
WebSSH summary : Amazing, Everywhere & Safe
Supported protocols : SSH, SFTP
Supported channel types : Session Shell, Session SFTP, Local Forward
Supported iOS versions : 12, 13
- SSH Functionalities
▪ Port Forwarding (Local)
▪ Launch a command at connection startup
▪ Connect using : password, challenge (two factor authentication), RSA / DSA / PuTTY Private Key
▪ Emulation : XTERM-COLOR256 / XTERM / VT100
▪ Profil management : background / foreground colors, font size, backspace sequence
▪ Keyboard : Virtual or Bluetooth
▪ Bel : Vibration (sound for iPad)
- SFTP Functionalities
▪ Create / Rename / Delete files and directories
▪ Edit text files
▪ MD5 files
- Multiple Screens
▪ You can open multiple screens in order to do all you want : SSH / SFTP / WHOIS / PING and more at the same time !
- Network Tools
▪ Edit /etc/hosts (only inside WebSSH app of course :)
- Keyboard Keys
▪ Special keys Esc, Tab, Ctrl, /, :, -, !, |, $, *
▪ Virtual arrows keys over the terminal in order to move inside programs even without keyboard displayed
- Access Protection
▪ Protect WebSSH with Touch ID
▪ Protect WebSSH with a PIN code
▪ Simplified Chinese
▪ Portuguese Brazilian
Do you want a new feature not available into WebSSH? Contact us!
Do you want to translate WebSSH in your favorite language ? Contact us!
Folks, WebSSH Pro now supports ECDSA and ED25519 keys!
- Support for ECDSA and ED25519 (issue #5)
- Fixing white terminal (issue #17)
- Fixing tunnel crash (issue #18)
- Fixing no colors on terminal (issue #24)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great SSH client
Especially in combination with the larger size screens available on the Plus models, this app makes SSH from the iPhone a pleasant reality. Highly recommended for those times you need to quickly login from the bar and don’t feel like pulling out the laptop and balancing it while worrying about spilling a drink on the keyboard.
Developer Response ,
Thank you a lot meangrape 🍻
If you have any suggestion please contact me via https://www.webssh.net/contactus.html
Have a nice day ☀️
Good App, Needs Work
I have tried using a few ssh clients for IOS and this one, so far, is the best I've found. It needs work however.
1) if I run a while true loop in the foregrounded term, the session remains usable; put the same into the background and with ~60 seconds a notification is popped about terminating. The issue I have with this is that no background ssh session should EVER terminate with an active process running in it.
2) the screen freezes - this drives me NUTS! There is no evident reason for this as it happens in an unpredictable manner. e.g. Sometimes I can flip to Safari to read something online for 2 minutes, return to WebSSH and I'm good to go, while other times I can flip to Safari for 10 seconds, return to the term and keyboard input is blocked. Sometimes I can hit Ctrl-C to clear the condition and, most often, there is nothing to do but shutdown the session.
3) This app corrupts the active session *frequently* and leaves behind it an open tty on the remote server.
If I knew of anything better I'd dump Pro in a second - unfortunately it seems this is the most advanced ssh client on the App Store at this time. Meh.
Developer Response ,
We would like to improve your feeling about WebSSH ;)
If you want to, please become an active beta tester : https://www.webssh.net/contactus.html
Have a nice day!
Should Have Sorted Reviews by “Most Recent”
Unfortunately I paid for the app before finding out it’s basically been abandoned. It’s too bad, it’s a mostly good app. The copy and paste is very wonky: It pulls up the text in an overlay where you actually do your select and copy, which adds an extra two steps to a simple copy and paste. Also, there’s a problem where after said copy, the input is frozen and the session needs to be quit and restarted. The only workaround I’ve found is to always use screen or tmux for every session or fear losing my work.
With some quick bug fixes it would be a really great terminal app again.
Developer Response ,
- Arnaud MENGUS
- 25.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 WebSSH.Net
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.