Mozilla’s WebXR Viewer is an augmented reality (AR) viewer that lets you create and run AR experiences built with web technologies and ARKit.
WebXR will soon be a cross-platform Web API for AR and VR. But, proposals cannot become specifications without developer and consumer feedback, so we have released the WebXR Viewer to give web developers a chance to experiment with AR, and provide input to the WebXR community as they develop AR support in the WebXR specification.
The WebXR viewer has a snapshot of the WebXR API built in, and also still supports our old WebXR API proposal (although this old version of the API will not be supported after the WebXR API is finalized).
In this release, you can:
- Navigate to websites written using our original proposal for WebXR, available at http://github.com/mozilla/webxr-polyfill.
- Navigate to websites written to use a version of the official WebXR API, available at http://github.com/immmersive-web/webxr.
To learn more about the WebXR Viewer and other ways Mozilla is working with the web community to bring augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality to the web, visit https://mixedreality.mozilla.org/
This update is focused on fixing stability issues and bug.
- The XRViewer keeps ARKit running for a short while between XR session, to allow users to switch between 2D and XR pages without incurring complete ARKit startup times each time they enter an XR session. We have seen issues where this causes problems, so we have changed the XRViewer to reset ARKit more often.
- Starting a new session clears out relocalization attempts to prevent immediately getting thrown into "relocalizing" loops
- Allow ARKit to automatically relocalize when returning from the background to prevent objects from disappearing after loading the worldMap
- Fix bug that caused the permissionLevelButton to become inactive after granting and subsequently denying "Device Motion" access on a WebXR site
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Mozilla Corporation
- 17 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.