Connecting a billion people with calls, chats, and more
WeChat is more than a messaging and social media app – it is a lifestyle for one billion users across the world. Chat and make calls with friends, read news and use local services in Official Accounts and Mini Programs, play games with friends, enjoy mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, and much more.
Why do one billion people use WeChat?
• MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
• VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
• REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the tap of a button.
• MOMENTS: Never forget your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to share with friends on your personal Moments stream.
• TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
• STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
• CUSTOM STICKERS (NEW!): Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and selfie stickers.
• OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
• MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
• TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
• GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (available in select regions).
• WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (available in select regions).
• WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (only available in select regions).
• WERUN: Use Healthkit and Health app data to sync your step count on WeRun, where you can compete against friends with daily step rankings. Enable WeRun in “Settings” > “General” > “Plug-ins”.
• LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends' messages and Moments posts.
• BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- Updated several features.
Ratings and Reviews
Hopefully This Is Helpful !!
hopefully this may be helpful to some people, i downloaded this app last year and i was able to sign up, i made a new account and everything was fine, until a few days later when i wanted to open the app, it said that i got blocked and i needed to have someone else to help me unblock my account, so basically i did, and i tried it with 5 different people, and none of them worked, i deleted the app and re-downloaded but nothing happened, and my account was gone just like that, i was extremely devastated because i have friends on wechat and thats the only app i can communicate with the through, so basically my number was blocked from that app for whatever pathetic reason; in the end i had to actually change my phone number and i made a new account and it worked, and ever since then i never got blocked, im still using it today and im writing this so that whoever is confused may find this useful. i don’t hate the app, in fact i like it, its just that i was really bummed out on why they blocked my previous number for no reason; also don’t forget you can change your wechat language to english, if you don’t know lol, you can change it from your settings too :-)
Great But Lacks Features For Group Management
WeChat is a great all in one social media app, it receives updates often. I have used it since 2016 and I am part of very large group chats (200+) and a group that spans too much.
WeChat has everything you could possibly need Ex. Calling a taxi (in China), ordering food (in China), Video games, calls, chatting, and it even basically has Tik Tok inside it.
Though it does have some downsides if you manage big groups it is nearly impossible to manage because of the lack of features that other competitors like Discord has. Things that competitors have that WeChat doesn’t include: slow mode, bans, sub chats, more roles, restrictions, etc.
Overall it’s a great app that still has much to improve on, I will continue to use it since it is how I connect to all of my school friends and family.
Blocked accounts no problem
It’s literally the best social media app I’ve used!!
Some features I love: message and post translation, deviralization of posts, levels of privacy settings of your posts, invisibility of your comments and likes of your friends’ posts from their friends who you aren’t friends with which also makes your posts’ like counts visible to only you, making stickers with your own pics or vids, easy voice message usage, really high quality video calls (much better than messengers).
Most of the low ratings say their accounts got blocked. Actually, the reason of its tough security is that it has many functionalities, such as credit card deposit, wire transfer, scan payment... For those who get blocked: 1. You could set up security accounts (in advance!) so that those friends can easily verify for you; 2. Sometimes you need to have your friends sent verification codes to your wechat, which never failed on me once, so I’m not sure why some reviews couldn’t figure it out; 3. Sometimes it makes you choose your actual wechat friends from a bunch of random accounts which is really easy.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
- 476.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2011 - 2021 Tencent Inc. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Onigiri&Friends $0.99
- Hello, Crayon $0.99
- DURURU $0.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.