* Winner of Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Funstuff Award * New York Times App to Keep Kids Happy * Chosen as App of the Week, New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, and Staff Favorite by Apple *
We're listening! Keep the feedback coming to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The best-selling Weird But True app is better than ever with more facts, more sounds, more surprises, and more fun! With a fresh new look and exciting new content, Weird But True has even more mind-benders than ever before—more than 900 kid-friendly facts!
Did you know a hippo's lips are about two feet wide? Or that didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school? Or that before toothpaste was invented some people cleaned their teeth with charcoal? Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 625 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
- Download all 7 Fact Packs for hours of fun and entertainment.
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Based on the phenomenally popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a single purchase.
-Removal of Nintendo Fossil Fighters™: Frontier sponsorship material
Ratings and Reviews
Cool Noises, But WAY Too Less Facts!
I'm sorry, but I really expected more. I like how the noises pair up with each fact, and how the "That's weird" things make me laugh, but you get so less facts, and many of them we already know. It took me less than one minute to finish this app, then I had to delete it! Please put in more facts that are free and don't request money. If you will, I would be happy to dive this app a higher rate.😢😢😢
Very Fun App!
We purchased the Mega Pack for a mere $1.99 and it's a lot of fun! (Seriously, most apps have more content for extra money and why not? Human beings actually work to put these together.) In any case, we're just a mom and daughter (8 years old) that really enjoys this app. She loves to rate the various facts with the meter that makes funny noises.
Stop with the money!
You should never make just ONE free pack! This is the most disappointing game I ever got. I personally think the books are way way way better then this app! And we do you have the “adults only” thing, I mean the questions said like the easy ones like one times seven or eight! I really hope you make the people with this app happy and make at least eight free packs, otherwise this app is mostly useless except for the only eight free facts some of us like to have fun. I’m sorry about this rate but this app deserves it.
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 65.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © National Geographic Partners
- In-App Purchases
- Mega Pack $1.99
- Fact Pack 1 $0.99
- Fact Pack 3 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.