This app is currently under development, with this being the first version. Our roadmap contains numerous features that will be added in the coming months. We highly appreciate user feedback to know what we are doing right and what needs improvement.
The digital you
Are you worried or just curious about your personal data and private life online? Are you tired of companies are cold calling you with a “great offer” even though you haven’t been buying a customer for a while? Or just concerned if your data are being sold to other companies?
Do you wonder how to actually take control over the digital you and erase your path?
David help you reclaim your data that rightfully belongs to you under the European GDPR legislation – 100% mobile, free and fun!
Why is this important?
Rapid technological developments and globalization have brought new challenges to the protection of personal data. The scale of the collection and sharing of personal data has increased significantly. Technology allows both private companies and public authorities to make use of personal data on an unprecedented scale in order to pursue their activities.
Get up, stand up for your rights
You have the right to access, manage and erase your personal data from any company’s database, including e.g. Google and Facebook. You also have the right to prevent processing.
With one swipe in David you create and send “show me what data you have on me” request to any given company. Whatever data a company has on you will be transferred to your personal David app making it so easy for you to manage, keep or erase.
You're not alone
David is historically a heroic fighter no matter size of the opponent. In this matter, We're all David and we fight for you and your rights to take back control, get erased and claim your personal rights.
GDPR provide you with some of the following rights
1. The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed when your data is collected and used
2. The right of access: You have the right to access the data, that a company (Facebook, bank and public authorities) have on you.
3. The right to rectification: You have the right to have data about you corrected
4. The right to erasure: You have the right to be forgotten meaning that you can be erased from the database of a private company
5. The right to restrict processing: If a company is using your data in a way, that you think is inappropriate, you have the right to stop it
6. The right to data portability: You now have the right to have all your data given to you to use in another provider
7. The right to object: You can stop a company from using your data
2) Right to be forgotten under the following circumstances:
• Where your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed by the company
• When you withdraw your consent
• When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
• Your personal data was unlawfully processed
• Your personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
• Under the GDPR, your right to be forgotten is not limited to processing that causes unwarranted and substantial damage or distress
• However, if the processing does cause damage or distress to you, this is likely to make the case for erasure stronger
Version 1.0.3 (7)
Based on the feedback we have received we are bringing you this new version, that contains multiple improvements.
We've added profile page that allows you to manage your personal details, you can add multiple email addresses and/or phone numbers - this allows the companies to make sure they have covered all possibilities while searching for the personal details.
Many of you mentioned that we should add an ability to verify email addresses, in this version you can do so.
In the next release, it will be required to have at least one mail verified before the request can be sent to the companies.
Keep on spreading the love, and as always we are looking for the feedback!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.