WESA Public Radio App:
The WESA Public Radio App allows you to listen to WESA, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for WESA all at once! You can explore On Demand content, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to WESA with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WESA even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for the WESA stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WESA in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WESA’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WESA Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WESA Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at WESA and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WESA Public Radio by making your donation today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
My go-to local news source
I appreciate the written news articles rather than being bombarded with video links and news clips. I can always count public broadcasting and our local Pittsburgh crew to deliver the important events happening around us.
WESA has pretty pictures but it is impossible to find news
I listen the WESA every day. Because I live in Indiana County where radio reception is poor, I rely in the app. I started using it in 2009. At that time it was simple to use. There were lists and links to all sorts of podcasts. I could down load programs to my phone to listen on the road where there wasn’t ( and still isn’t) cell phone signal. It was a treasure. Since then it has evolved from a simple, easy to search on and small data using app that relied on typed words to an app that requires more data signal. Instead of lists there are endlessly rotating pretty pictures of past and current stories. To find things I might have missed I have to scroll and scroll and scroll through endless pictures.
Today took the cake. While listening to the news a picture about Act 77 allowing mail in ballots scrolled by. I read it. It is a very important story given the current claims that our votes are invalid. I used the button to share it on Facebook. It looked like it worked but it didn’t show up on my feed. Then I tried to email it to myself but all I got was a circle wait thing that wouldn’t stop. So, I had to close the app. I re-opened it to try again but now I can’t find the story at all! Can you please, please go back to a simpler app that lists the news? We do not need endlessly rotating pretty pictures. Go back to simple lists so we can find the news.
Excellent. Sometimes stopping and restarting is iffy.
When I stop and start again, sometimes the player starts where I left off... and sometimes it starts with the program currently on air. I see the benefit in either option, but I wish it were more obvious how to choose or refresh.
Mainly, the app is indispensable. I use the app more than the radio itself.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corp
- 32.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.