An easy-to-use, fun, app to learn more about philosophers.
Review information about each—including wikipedia entries—and see how well you do on the quiz.
Questions ask about great works and quotes. Great for reviewing, or studying for, an introductory philosophy course.
• Fixes crash when visiting “About” screen
• Better error handling
• Adds Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy links
• Redesigned options menu
• Adds new “Objects” section to AR Gallery with virtual objects:
◦ No Exit sign
◦ Plato's Allegory of the Cave
• Adds new philosophers:
◦ Gilles Deleuze
◦ Johann Gottlieb Fichte
Ratings and Reviews
This app is an amazing app that delivers information exactly how it should be: through a fun and beautiful method that makes me never want to stop learning. The information of quotes, ideas, and major works with such easy access mixed with minimalism art is so well done and creates an amazing UI. But, there could be some improvements.
• Summary for each philosopher before delving into them and their encyclopedia entries
• Expand timeline in later years to be able to not have to compress them so tightly and not have to scroll back and forth to see them all
• Ideas of philosophers is good when going to one philosopher and looking at theirs and the connections, but the tab for it with all ideas is almost pointless as you can’t tell what is connected
Also, I was wondering if you would be able to add some philosophers that are more recent
Yuval Noah Harari
James Baldwin (maybe)
Thank you so much for an app like this that is so helpful in educating me on these historical figures!
Crazily in depth
This app, although it has a few minor bugs, is one of the most in depth apps I have seen. It has everything you need to know about all the famous and current philosophers with detailed descriptions and free voice readings with text. It also has a quiz if your looking to test your knowledge which is good but I would like to know the name of the philosopher that was correct because currently it’s just the picture. All in all has helped me in college immensely and is a wonderful app.
I love this app so much and I have learned a LOT from it. I love all the features it has! Very very fun, entertaining, lively, educational, and all around just a good app. I showed it to my friend and now she’s learning philosophy from it too — with no prior interest in the field! I thank the creators of this app for their wonderful gift.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.