Tap into the world’s most preferred legal research service wherever you go! The Westlaw app – available for iPad and iPhone – is the most awarded legal research app as voted by industry professionals and recognized by The National Law Journal, New York Law Journal, the Best of the Midwest, and more. With the Westlaw mobile app, you can extend the power and collaboration capabilities of Westlaw so research begun in one place can be continued on your mobile device – anytime, anywhere.
“The Westlaw app is very well-designed and easy to use, making it simple to get legal research done when you are in court or otherwise out of the office. In fact, the app is so nice that I will often use it even when I am in my office, doing my legal research on the iPad while my brief is open on my computer.” – Jeff Richardson, iPhone J.D. in ABA Journal
Access the same research features you rely on such as WestSearch, KeyCite, Search Filters, Folders, History, Notes, and Highlighting, which have all been redesigned for the iPad and iPhone. In addition to core research functionality, the Westlaw app offers the ability to save documents while online and offline to research folders, and deliver documents via email, print, or download.
Westlaw Edge users also have exclusive access to additional, premium features such as KeyCite Overruling Risk, WestSearch Plus, and more, which are automatically included based on your subscription.
*Please note that a Thomson Reuters Westlaw account is required to access this app.
For questions, comments, or support regarding the app, please contact a Reference Attorney by phone at 1-800-REF-ATTY (1-800-733-2889). Law students can call 1-800-850-WEST (1-800-850-9378).
- Moved all Search Result, KeyCite, and Key Number page Filters to the 3-Dot menu on iPad. In addition, all Filters are now fully native on iPad and multiple Filters can be selected and applied simultaneously.
- Added access to Profiler References Results and associated Filters for all Profiler content on both iPad and iPhone.
- Added Profiler Search Result Filters for iPad and iPhone.
- Added multiple Copy with References enhancements and fixes for both iPad and iPhone, including the ability to select the citation format before coping the text. Also, we’ve fixed the issues where formatting and style preferences were not correctly syncing with user preference settings on the desktop site.
- Layout & Limits and Content to Append settings have now been added to the Print menu for both iPad and iPhone.
- Updated app icon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Following links loses place in case
While reading a case, when I click a link to another case or a statute and then click the back arrow to return to the original case, the original case reloads at the top instead of remembering the page I was on when I clicked the link.
This makes the app virtually unusable for me.
Good for paralegal student
I’m only new to law, I’m a paralegal student. The app has been of great help when brainstorming when I’m out and about, with an assignment on my mind, and unable to access my computer. However, one feature that’d be nice to have at hand would be the ability to narrow down searches in cited cases to statutes and such, such as “word/term search” and “reported or unreported”; the app seems a little cramped to add something like that, but perhaps on the left there could be a tab that one could click that’d open up upon the screen with those search elements, then one could hit “search” on the bottom and it’d narrow it down. Just a suggestion, but I must say this app gets it done in a pinch. Thank you
This app was usable when I needed to quickly reference something. It hasn’t been great for research at any point, but at least it was readable. Now, after the latest round of updates following iOS 11.1.1, the graphics and text are all way to big. Either this app doesn’t support dynamic text, or the developers adapted it for iPhone X, and didn’t care about the users with other versions of iPhones. Please fix this. Your app looks terrible.
*UPDATE* The graphics issue was resolved in a recent update. Thank you.
- Thomson Reuters
- 77.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Thomson Reuters
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.