Chief meteorologist Tom Terry and WFTV Channel 9’s team of certified meteorologists have produced the most accurate, local weather technology available with the WFTV Channel 9 Weather App.
This free, 24/7 app is constantly updated with the latest storm and forecast information for the Orlando and Central Florida areas. Plus watch live coverage of Eyewitness News and the WFTV meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9 right on your mobile device.
By using the app’s built-in interactive radar, you can zoom down to your neighborhood, including Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia counties, or zoom out to check radar anywhere in the country. Location based storm alerts will direct you to the latest severe weather warnings.
The WFTV Weather App focuses on complete Central Florida weather coverage for WFTV viewers and News 96.5 listeners.
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches the radar found on other digital platforms and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from tornado warnings to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
This release version contains some bug fixes and general improvements to enhance your viewing experience. As always we welcome your feedback!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app use to be very good and bang on with its alerts but I downloaded the new updated version and the storms that we have had don’t seem to show up at that time of event. ? Maybe have another look at this app and try to fix it. Please iv always followed you guys as trust you.
Not sure if I missed when the app wasn’t so great? I’ve never experienced any issues with this app as other reviewers have stated. It always notifies me if rain is coming to my location, or if lightning was detected. The radar works well enough to where I don’t need a separate app, it’s just not as detailed as said apps. Maybe that’s an area they can work on. But I love having this app! It’s very convenient.
Doesn’t seem the new version of this app was tested enough. Today getting message it can’t connect to my WiFi but all other apps including App Store sure can. I’m going to delete it and download again but new app is not nearly as nice as old one so will be looking for a better one.
UPDATE- delete and reinstall worked for awhile but app is unusable again today. Deleting for good. Terrible.
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 137.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.