When in doubt, Chicago turns to WGN-TV chief meteorologist Tom Skilling and his team to understand the weather. With the Chicago Weather Center app, you will have the latest forecasts and reports on current conditions from Chicago's superman of meteorology with you wherever you go.
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
Ratings and Reviews
I loved this app until it was updated recently. Now I have these random green shapes that are on there and I have no idea why or how to remove them. It’s not the outline of a storm area as they are there even when it’s a sunny day. I love the accuracy of the weather and all but if I cannot get rid of these shapes, I will have to search for a new weather app😕
Pop-up of Tom Skilling and someone else
I’ve used the WGN Weather app for quite some time now. It is the best app out of all those in the App Store. But since you added the pop-up picture of Tom Skilling and someone else, every time I use the app I get so disgusted with having to close a window that adds absolutely nothing to the app except irritation before I can get the information I wish. Please remove this feature. I find it totally useless as far as I am concerned. If it remains, I will find another source for my weather information.
New map source deceases visual efficiency.
WGN9 weather app is by far my favorite. I access it multiple times a day to see the daily weather forecast and even hourly forecast when rain/storms/snow is moving into my area. The forecast is just as accurate for Lincoln, NE as for Chicago, IL.
I’ve come to rely on and trust this app for weather.
Unfortunately the app recently changed to a different map that is much darker in color for the satellite view and decreases the visual efficiency of the radar. I’ve switched to the other two map view options: Dark is a flat grey map (not too bad) and Light is a flat bright white map (eye piercing even when screen brightness is turn way down).
During active weather events when I want to view radar, I find myself cumbersomely switching between map views and not liking any of them.
Hopefully the app developers will work on the overall quality of the map in satellite view to be more like the previous map source version.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TRIBUNE BROADCASTING COMPANY INC
- 82.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.