The #1 free golf game by Topgolf Media, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf Channel, DIRECTV and FOX Sports. Featuring full stroke play on Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Chambers Bay and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. This sports game is a full game simulation built with the best GPS and 3D technology. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* "Great game! Unreal graphics! It's as close to playing prestigious courses as you'll ever get." - 5 stars - Ricky Vaults
* "This app is a ton of fun and very much like a real golf experience... in every mental way as well as course management and club selection." - 5 stars - Miranda 33
* "Super experience with family and friends" - 5 stars - Wil9015
WGT Golf includes...
* Golf Courses - Over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Pebble Beach (2010 USGA U.S. Open), Chambers Bay (2015 USGA U.S. Open), Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA U.S. Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open) and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)
* Golf Simulation - Use different golf shots to swing, drive, chip and putt from various lies on the tee, fairway, greens, rough and bunkers in this realistic 3D golf simulation
* Game Formats - Full 18-hole stroke play with putting, 9-hole closest-to-the hole and 3-hole stroke play golf game formats
* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - Compete in real-time stroke play golf games against other players, invite friends to play, chat live and learn how to play
* Topgolf Mode - Get the Topgolf experience wherever you are with the Topgolf multiplayer game mode, competing with up to six players to score points for hitting targets in the outfield based on a unique scoring system
* Country Clubs - Join a private country club community, play in club tournaments and events, and earn special rewards
* Golf Tournaments - Special tournaments with prizes including the Virtual U.S. Open, WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments
* Golf Equipment - Play with upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment brands
* Golf Accessories - Popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, in-game Hole-in-One Challenges and more
* Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
WGT Golf supports two optional subscriptions:
WGT Premier Membership
• Earn 2x XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 4 country club passes at once
• 4-hour country club pass regeneration
• 48-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
WGT Plus Membership
• Earn 50% more XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 2 country club passes at once
• 8-hour country club pass regeneration
• 36-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
For in-app purchase subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions of use: https://m.wgt.com/terms
* Virtual U.S. Open Back 9 Challenge - Play the back 9 at Torrey Pines starting 4/1!
* Virtual Open at Olympic- The first tournament in the USGA eSports Grand Slam series, starting 4/1
* Cobra Radspeed Clubs - Elevate your game with the latest from Cobra
* Garden Party Showdown - Swing into Spring, coming soon!
* April Open - Play the final qualifier in this WGT Live Series season today
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
EDIT : I thought I sent this review many months ago but I don't guess I did because I came on here now to ask a question and it looks like this review was a draft and never posted? Anyway my immediate issue after not playing for at least 6 months, I've noticed under solo play there isn't as many courses to play / practice on. Is that correct? Why have you removed courses, there were around probably 10 courses I think, and it felt great to have choices to play different situations. So this being an almost perfect game, why remove the courses? Please reply because this isn't a good thing. Below is my previous attempted review, and I believe my issues were actually addressed even though it looks like my review didn't post, so thanks lol.
Almost perfect game. I do request though that you put an option in to practice everything, not just putting green. I'd like to be able to practice wedges out of the bunkers at different angles. Sometimes I'll hit out of a bunker especially on the lip and the ball goes nowhere at all, wasting a stroke. Guess you really have to hit it hard to move it, but hard to tell without practicing.
High Quality but Too Much Inconsistency
This is the most realistic golf game there is for iOS. The courses look beautiful and the head-to-head competition makes it matter more. Others have discussed the expensive balls that run out of hits quickly. Unfortunately, the free basic ball hurts your game badly. However, my biggest issue is the inconsistency in the AI. It actually seems like it chooses the winner at times. You consider the wind speed and direction, choose the best club for the shot, and determine what percentage of the power meter you want to hit with, based on the club’s maximum distance. With practice, you gradually get better at this process and you become more and more accurate. Unfortunately, there are times where the game decides that, regardless of your skills and how you play, your ball is going somewhere like a bunker, water hazard, or just way too far or short. Several times, I have had a ball go 20-30 yards beyond the club’s maximum distance while hitting at less than full power into a 15-20mph wind. This often happens when there is a bunker or water hazard behind the green and the game apparently wants me to go there. Of course, putting me in the water means the expensive ball I purchased is now lost and I have to pay more if I want to get a new one.
I think the most frustrating thing about these inconsistencies is that they seem to occur when I have been winning a lot and it feels like an attempt at keeping players relatively even.
A black hole for your money
I’ve been playing this game for several years now. I will admit that it becomes addicting, and I’ve spent way more money on this game than is reasonable. No one held a gun to my head to spend money on this game, but as many of the reviews state on here, you’ll spend real money on club and ball upgrades without even realizing how much money you’ve spent over time. Also, as many have stated, the inconsistencies make this game frustrating as hell. I’ve reached the level of “master” and have played against supposed “amateurs” that play at a much higher level than their status would indicate, and lost to them. I don’t mind losing, but when I see the amount of coins they win, it’s much higher than what I would have won. How does that work?? Also, since reaching “master” level, my payout for a win is consistently less and less. The developers of this game have certainly created a cash cow for themselves. As many have stated, lose a ball that you paid real money for, your out of luck. Better pony up another $20 to buy more balls. It’s ridiculous. I know complaining about a video game seems petty and silly, but it appears that many people in these reviews are as fed up as I am and feel more than a little foolish for having been sucked in and spending money on it. At the end of the day, the only thing to do is delete it and cut off the money train.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- World Golf Tour, Inc
- 272.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 WGT Credits $19.99
- 1000 WGT Credits $9.99
- 300 WGT Credits $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.