The #1 free golf game by Topgolf Media, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf Channel, DIRECTV and FOX Sports. Featuring full stroke play on Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Chambers Bay and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. This sports game is a full game simulation built with the best GPS and 3D technology. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* "Great game! Unreal graphics! It's as close to playing prestigious courses as you'll ever get." - 5 stars - Ricky Vaults
* "This app is a ton of fun and very much like a real golf experience... in every mental way as well as course management and club selection." - 5 stars - Miranda 33
* "Super experience with family and friends" - 5 stars - Wil9015
WGT Golf includes...
* Golf Courses - Over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Pebble Beach (2010 USGA U.S. Open), Chambers Bay (2015 USGA U.S. Open), Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA U.S. Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open) and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)
* Golf Simulation - Use different golf shots to swing, drive, chip and putt from various lies on the tee, fairway, greens, rough and bunkers in this realistic 3D golf simulation
* Game Formats - Full 18-hole stroke play with putting, 9-hole closest-to-the hole and 3-hole stroke play golf game formats
* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - Compete in real-time stroke play golf games against other players, invite friends to play, chat live and learn how to play
* Topgolf Mode - Get the Topgolf experience wherever you are with the Topgolf multiplayer game mode, competing with up to six players to score points for hitting targets in the outfield based on a unique scoring system
* Country Clubs - Join a private country club community, play in club tournaments and events, and earn special rewards
* Golf Tournaments - Special tournaments with prizes including the Virtual U.S. Open, WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments
* Golf Equipment - Play with upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment brands
* Golf Accessories - Popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, in-game Hole-in-One Challenges and more
* Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
WGT Golf supports two optional subscriptions:
WGT Premier Membership
• Earn 2x XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 4 country club passes at once
• 4-hour country club pass regeneration
• 48-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
WGT Plus Membership
• Earn 50% more XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 2 country club passes at once
• 8-hour country club pass regeneration
• 36-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
For in-app purchase subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions of use: https://m.wgt.com/terms
* Ugly Sweater - New year, new (ugly) sweater, available in the Pro Shop now!
* Course Notebooks - Keep your notes handy for every course and every hole
* Watch for a feast-worthy Showdown, just in time for Thanksgiving
* General bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Things I’d like to see more of.
Hi there, So I’m writing this Review of WGT & I think that the Virtual Golf is Awesome, but as a Player of Virtual Golf here on WGT I feel like there are some things that need to be adjustable like some of the Course’s have Challenges only & I think it would be Great to Fully be able to Play Those Course’s. I’d like to see a thing in the settings where (when playing family & friends) you can turn off the timer (I say this because I’ve been having a hard time playing a friend or family member with the timer because it makes me feel rushed in the game). Another thing that I’d like to see is when a person is playing in a Tournament it’s hard to judge the distance with out a Putt Preview. I really enjoy this game, but the suggestion’s that I’ve listed above would make the game more fun for people to play. I enjoy being a member of WGT Virtual Golf & again I hope that we can see more playable Golf Course’s like the Harbourtown, South Carolina course. Maybe even adding a course like Augusta or something would be nice as well. I hope that we can see some new Course’s & other things that I’ve suggested as well please. Again What A Great Place to play Golf.
High Quality but Too Much Inconsistency
This is the most realistic golf game there is for iOS. The courses look beautiful and the head-to-head competition makes it matter more. Others have discussed the expensive balls that run out of hits quickly. Unfortunately, the free basic ball hurts your game badly. However, my biggest issue is the inconsistency in the AI. It actually seems like it chooses the winner at times. You consider the wind speed and direction, choose the best club for the shot, and determine what percentage of the power meter you want to hit with, based on the club’s maximum distance. With practice, you gradually get better at this process and you become more and more accurate. Unfortunately, there are times where the game decides that, regardless of your skills and how you play, your ball is going somewhere like a bunker, water hazard, or just way too far or short. Several times, I have had a ball go 20-30 yards beyond the club’s maximum distance while hitting at less than full power into a 15-20mph wind. This often happens when there is a bunker or water hazard behind the green and the game apparently wants me to go there. Of course, putting me in the water means the expensive ball I purchased is now lost and I have to pay more if I want to get a new one.
I think the most frustrating thing about these inconsistencies is that they seem to occur when I have been winning a lot and it feels like an attempt at keeping players relatively even.
Prepare to pay
First, the good. The game is visually beautiful.
Now, the bad. The game is designed to vacuum $$’s from your bank account. After paying, I mean “playing” for over a year, and working my way to “Tour Master” I’d hate to look back at how much money I’ve spent. It nickels and dimes you, so it seems less painful over time. What’s most distressing, after spending all the money and getting pretty good, is the realization of how badly this game CHEATS. Yes, you’ve read that correctly. If you enjoy a visually beautiful game, and don’t mind spending the money, this is your game. But if you want a fair, equitable contest, with your skills against your opponents, then look elsewhere. I’ve tracked thousands of games in a row, (yes, I wrote it all down for months) and got to the point that I could pick who would win the contest BEFORE a single shot was hit. And once you start purchasing balls, (which you need to do in order to compete successfully), you’ll suddenly find water where you’ve never seen it before! Lose a ball in the water, you’ll have to open that wallet of yours again. And again, And again. The game simply picks the winners and losers based on some cruel algorithm, and not the skills of the individual players. (and if the game developers disagree, I have months of copious notes to prove it) Save your life, and money, and download a different application, or go out and play the real game.
- World Golf Tour, Inc
- 267.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 WGT Credits $19.99
- 1000 WGT Credits $9.99
- 300 WGT Credits $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.