The #1 free golf game by Topgolf Media, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf Channel, DIRECTV and FOX Sports. Featuring full stroke play on Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Chambers Bay and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. This sports game is a full game simulation built with the best GPS and 3D technology. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* "Great game! Unreal graphics! It's as close to playing prestigious courses as you'll ever get." - 5 stars - Ricky Vaults
* "This app is a ton of fun and very much like a real golf experience... in every mental way as well as course management and club selection." - 5 stars - Miranda 33
* "Super experience with family and friends" - 5 stars - Wil9015
WGT Golf includes...
* Golf Courses - Over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Pebble Beach (2010 USGA U.S. Open), Chambers Bay (2015 USGA U.S. Open), Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA U.S. Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open) and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)
* Golf Simulation - Use different golf shots to swing, drive, chip and putt from various lies on the tee, fairway, greens, rough and bunkers in this realistic 3D golf simulation
* Game Formats - Full 18-hole stroke play with putting, 9-hole closest-to-the hole and 3-hole stroke play golf game formats
* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - Compete in real-time stroke play golf games against other players, invite friends to play, chat live and learn how to play
* Topgolf Mode - Get the Topgolf experience wherever you are with the Topgolf multiplayer game mode, competing with up to six players to score points for hitting targets in the outfield based on a unique scoring system
* Country Clubs - Join a private country club community, play in club tournaments and events, and earn special rewards
* Golf Tournaments - Special tournaments with prizes including the Virtual U.S. Open, WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments
* Golf Equipment - Play with upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment brands
* Golf Accessories - Popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, in-game Hole-in-One Challenges and more
* Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
WGT Golf supports two optional subscriptions:
WGT Premier Membership
• Earn 2x XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 4 country club passes at once
• 4-hour country club pass regeneration
• 48-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
WGT Plus Membership
• Earn 50% more XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 2 country club passes at once
• 8-hour country club pass regeneration
• 36-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
For in-app purchase subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions of use: https://m.wgt.com/terms
* Don’t miss the next Showdown event! And stay tuned for upcoming events before the year ends...
* Showdown Awards - Win special badges in each Showdown event, start collecting yours now!
* Gobble Gobble - New turkey-themed apparel items in the Pro Shop, including a pretty “well done” hat (limited time)
* Bridgestone - There’s a new premium ball joining the WGT Pro Shop, including one available to players at any level
* Stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Think about this
To all the folks who feel the need to complain about the high price of credits/upgrades in this app: what is wrong with you people? Let’s think about this app. The developers basically mapped an extremely lifelike replica of real courses, designed a game that uses real brand name clubs and gear (you think that’s easy to do?) and made it all work seamlessly in a game that is extremely addictive. But somehow, we want to complain that it’s too expensive. The developers have created a platform that is so good, we’re addicted, we want to get better, so we either buy or do some trivial work (still free) like take surveys in exchange for credits. I want a BMW but it’s too expensive so I’m going to go online and complain about the price - said no one ever. So stop complaining that something you like might cost money (you can still play for free and earn your way up) and take a moment to appreciate the commitment of the developers to be as into golf as we are that they created a platform that actually works, and works well. Great game.
High Quality but Too Much Inconsistency
This is the most realistic golf game there is for iOS. The courses look beautiful and the head-to-head competition makes it matter more. Others have discussed the expensive balls that run out of hits quickly. Unfortunately, the free basic ball hurts your game badly. However, my biggest issue is the inconsistency in the AI. It actually seems like it chooses the winner at times. You consider the wind speed and direction, choose the best club for the shot, and determine what percentage of the power meter you want to hit with, based on the club’s maximum distance. With practice, you gradually get better at this process and you become more and more accurate. Unfortunately, there are times where the game decides that, regardless of your skills and how you play, your ball is going somewhere like a bunker, water hazard, or just way too far or short. Several times, I have had a ball go 20-30 yards beyond the club’s maximum distance while hitting at less than full power into a 15-20mph wind. This often happens when there is a bunker or water hazard behind the green and the game apparently wants me to go there. Of course, putting me in the water means the expensive ball I purchased is now lost and I have to pay more if I want to get a new one.
I think the most frustrating thing about these inconsistencies is that they seem to occur when I have been winning a lot and it feels like an attempt at keeping players relatively even.
The creators who run this game are crooks
Ok, so my level is currently at 101 with the status of champion, which does mean much other than I’ve logged a ton of games. Here’s the thing, everything is predetermined in this game. I’ve got some of the best clubs you can buy, balls with good to great assist aid and I’m pretty consistent at hitting ding on the swing meter. You can hit a perfect shot into a straight on headwind and end up 7 yards right or left. Other times, after an update, your irons will be 10-15 yards short, so over the course of the next couple of weeks you’ll begin to try to compensate for this (only to have them switch it back to completely screw you up). And don’t even get me started on how they change putting every other week. You have a better chance getting a fair game at the carnival. Then when you call them on it they respond with answers like “only a true golf fan would understand the nuances of the game). So after playing two years (and never getting a new course) I’ve decided to stop playing. I’m just sorry I lined their pockets for that long. One other thing, don’t even think about starting a club that’ll beat the Georgians, if it looks like you are, WGT will just give them the best of par 5’s repeatedly to ensure their victory. Don’t make suggestions (they won’t listen), just pay them and you MIGHT get a sarcastic response (if you get one at all). Way to ruin a gaming experience crooks.
- World Golf Tour, Inc
- 223.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 WGT Credits $19.99
- 1000 WGT Credits $9.99
- 11000 WGT Credits $99.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.