The #1 free golf game by Topgolf Media, as seen on NBC Sports, Golf Channel, DIRECTV and FOX Sports. Featuring full stroke play on Pebble Beach, Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Chambers Bay and St Andrews from the PGA Tour. This sports game is a full game simulation built with the best GPS and 3D technology. World Golf Tour players can use their existing web accounts and virtual golf equipment. Requires a fast internet connection. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
* "Great game! Unreal graphics! It's as close to playing prestigious courses as you'll ever get." - 5 stars - Ricky Vaults
* "This app is a ton of fun and very much like a real golf experience... in every mental way as well as course management and club selection." - 5 stars - Miranda 33
* "Super experience with family and friends" - 5 stars - Wil9015
WGT Golf includes...
* Golf Courses - Over a dozen championship golf courses, including: Pebble Beach (2010 USGA U.S. Open), Chambers Bay (2015 USGA U.S. Open), Bandon Dunes (Golf Digest #1 rated resort), Bethpage Black (2009 USGA U.S. Open), Celtic Manor (2010 Ryder Cup), Congressional (2011 USGA US Open), Harbour Town (PGA RBC Heritage), Kiawah (2012 PGA Championship), Merion (2013 USGA US Open), Olympic Club (2012 USGA U.S. Open), Pinehurst (2014 USGA U.S. Open), St Andrews (2015 British Open) and Valhalla (2014 PGA Championship)
* Golf Simulation - Use different golf shots to swing, drive, chip and putt from various lies on the tee, fairway, greens, rough and bunkers in this realistic 3D golf simulation
* Game Formats - Full 18-hole stroke play with putting, 9-hole closest-to-the hole and 3-hole stroke play golf game formats
* Head-to-Head Multiplayer Mode - Compete in real-time stroke play golf games against other players, invite friends to play, chat live and learn how to play
* Topgolf Mode - Get the Topgolf experience wherever you are with the Topgolf multiplayer game mode, competing with up to six players to score points for hitting targets in the outfield based on a unique scoring system
* Country Clubs - Join a private country club community, play in club tournaments and events, and earn special rewards
* Golf Tournaments - Special tournaments with prizes including the Virtual U.S. Open, WGT Virtual Tour on Golf Channel and paid Ready-Go tournaments
* Golf Equipment - Play with upgraded virtual golf clubs and golf balls from Titleist, Callaway, Ping, TaylorMade and other top sports equipment brands
* Golf Accessories - Popular options like Putter Pal, Shot Pal, XP Boost, Level-Up Boost, in-game Hole-in-One Challenges and more
* Support - Supports iPad 2 or later, iPhone 4, 5 and 6 or later, and iPod Touch 5 or later. Does not support iPad 1, iPhone 3 or iPod Touch 4.
WGT Golf supports two optional subscriptions:
WGT Premier Membership
• Earn 2x XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 4 country club passes at once
• 4-hour country club pass regeneration
• 48-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
WGT Plus Membership
• Earn 50% more XP for all games played, including country club XP
• Carry up to 2 country club passes at once
• 8-hour country club pass regeneration
• 36-hour club rentals
• Free daily scratcher
For in-app purchase subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions of use: https://m.wgt.com/terms
New ways to earn free credits! We’ve upgraded our offer wall to provide you with better deals so you can get even more credits.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Golf Game out there ... but at a price
The game creates an amazing visual experience and is truly addicting, sometimes realistic, and EXPENSIVE. To get good you need to spend money, lots of money, for clubs and golf balls that are necessary to compete. Seriously it costs approximately $10/ball for high performing balls. Plus you are limited to how many shots per ball before it is retired. Granted I don’t have to spend money on good balls and settle for the crappy ones. But if you want to play competitively you have no choice. I also feel the game is rigged in that a perfectly struck shot sends the ball off course and gets lost. You are left scratching your head and mumbling “how could that possibly have happened?” The answer: game AI is rigged to make you buy more balls. In more ways than one. The wind effects are not realistic. How does a 25-35 mph head wind allow my ball to travel significantly beyond my club’s rated distance sometimes and yet shut the shot down other times? It’s very frustrating along with some of the unpredictable shot outcomes on what appear to be perfectly struck shots. All means to get you to buy better clubs and balls. It’s a shame that the means to the end is spending $100’s of dollars and still not get a totally consistent shot outcome. I love golf too much to just quit as it is the visually best golf game on any platform. But someday I will reach my breaking point. We need MORE FREE rewards and LESS GREED by the developers.
High Quality but Too Much Inconsistency
This is the most realistic golf game there is for iOS. The courses look beautiful and the head-to-head competition makes it matter more. Others have discussed the expensive balls that run out of hits quickly. Unfortunately, the free basic ball hurts your game badly. However, my biggest issue is the inconsistency in the AI. It actually seems like it chooses the winner at times. You consider the wind speed and direction, choose the best club for the shot, and determine what percentage of the power meter you want to hit with, based on the club’s maximum distance. With practice, you gradually get better at this process and you become more and more accurate. Unfortunately, there are times where the game decides that, regardless of your skills and how you play, your ball is going somewhere like a bunker, water hazard, or just way too far or short. Several times, I have had a ball go 20-30 yards beyond the club’s maximum distance while hitting at less than full power into a 15-20mph wind. This often happens when there is a bunker or water hazard behind the green and the game apparently wants me to go there. Of course, putting me in the water means the expensive ball I purchased is now lost and I have to pay more if I want to get a new one.
I think the most frustrating thing about these inconsistencies is that they seem to occur when I have been winning a lot and it feels like an attempt at keeping players relatively even.
Great game, but wears off after a while
So me and a buddy started playing this about 6 months ago and we’re incredibly addicted (in a good way). Problem as mentioned in other posts is that it becomes too expensive to be good. The best balls cost about $8 for three and u get about 2 1/2 rounds out of a ball. God forbid u lose one.
Another thing that zapped the fun out was getting leveled up. I was a tour pro and entered almost every tournament for 100 credits, I’d say I won about 10-15% of them and placed in about 30%. This was enough to win credits to pay for stuff. In that league -4 or so was a good score and u had a great shot to win, now I’m bumped up to Master and unless ur -15 under u don’t stand a chance so there’s no way to make credits. I suppose I could start over...again to get back the enjoyment of playing in tournaments, but it’ll cost me another $50-$60 bucks to get good clubs again. I’m convinced that some people have found a way to cheat the game. Sometimes I play people that get heartbeats in every single approach shot.
All in all it’s a fun game, but I wouldn’t recommend spending too much money as u will always be chasing better clubs. I would like to see the option to play in a foursome with ur club members and actually be able to pick what holes u could play.
- World Golf Tour, Inc
- 214.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2014 WGT Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 WGT Credits $19.99
- 1000 WGT Credits $9.99
- 300 WGT Credits $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.