** Happy Frog Apps is a Mom’s Choice Award Winner! Also featured on FunEducationalApps.com, TeachersWithApps.com, and more! **
WH Questions teaches children how to UNDERSTAND, ASK and ANSWER questions using WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY and HOW, in a fun game-like environment.
What parents say about our awesome reading comprehension apps:
*** 5 stars! Brilliant! An app that understands how kids actually learn. Thank you!
*** 5 stars! My kids love this app because of the fun, silly sentences. I love it because it works!
WH Questions provides:
- Graduated practice at understanding, then answering, then asking WH questions.
- Fun sentences to keep students motivated.
- Audio support for weak readers.
- 'At a glance' reporting shows you instantly how your child is doing with each skill and question type.
Being able to ask and answer WH questions is a key requirement for reading success. This app provides a motivating environment for your child to develop these important skills.
- FRUSTRATION FREE: Your child will always be guided to the correct answer.
- REWARD CENTER: Fun and engaging Reward Center increases motivation.
- EASY TO USE. Can be used independently (just hand it over: your child will know what to do!) or with a therapist/parent for intervention.
- EXTENSIVE REPORTING: for up to 10 players to suit the needs of parents, teachers and therapists.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them!
This app is part of a grade-by-grade series of Reading Comprehension apps. For any struggling learner, find the app that allows your child to work at 70-80% accuracy. Children need success to keep their brain in 'learning mode'. Ignore the grade-level and find the one that best suits your child.
(Look on the app store for a reduced-price bundle of the whole series.)
To evaluate the app, download the free version, which has one free book. Additional levels and additional players can be accessed with in-app purchases. (All levels can be purchased for $2.99 -- price may change.)
If you prefer no in-app purchases, download the School Edition of this app, which includes all levels and up to 10 players.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
We collect NO private information in our app. None! Our apps do not allow unrestricted web or social media access. We conform to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Updated libraries for a smoother experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Excited to use this app with all of my students. WH- questions are very hard for them and this is another tool to make them successful!
What WH ?s mean
I really like the way this app teaches what the various WH words mean. This is an important part of learning to answer WH ?s. I also like that it starts with a field of two and moves to a field of four.
The only thing that I don't like is that you need to remember to turn off the music beforehand otherwise you waste a lot of time going back and reloading. I wish the default was no music.
I am an SLP. I use this app when working on distinguishing the various WH-question words. The reason I Like these is that the teach asking as well as answering WH-Questions.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Janine Toole
- 32.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © Happy Frog Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.