You can have your music where you want it, when you want it - all around your home as you move from room to room on any Airplay™ device
The WHAALE Multiroom Player makes it easy for you!
Get your all around the home music experience up and running, easily and in minutes, right now!
• Download the app for a free test drive
• Buy this fully functioning app
Join the large and established community of happy WHAALE customers enjoying the greatest audio experience all around their homes. They like having their music where they want it, when they want it – and they say it’s easy and quick to set up.
What makes WHAALE special and different?
With our app you can:
- Play music/ambient-sounds on up to 6 AirPlay™ speakers simultaneously (*) and (**)
- Listen to one song on multiple speakers in different rooms (multiroom mode)
- Listen to different songs on different speakers (multizone mode)
- Have all the excitement of listening to multiple songs/sounds on multiple speakers in the same room (using ambient mode…you might have the latest tracks from Cuba backed up by ambient street sounds from Old Havana, for example)
- Benefit from a special intuitive multi-touch interface…unlike other apps on the market this is the only one allowing you to see a clear visual display of all your speakers and music choices right in front of you!
And there’s more…
- A smart widget for the ‘Today View’ in the notification center…it lets you control the app while the application runs in the background
- A system ready to go with no setup needed - all the speakers are recognized automatically once they are available on your local network
- Full access to the music library on your iPad/iPhone/iPod (you do have to download iTunes Match/cloud items to your device before they can be played) - see http://itunes.whaale.com for details
- The Deezer Music service brings a selection of over 30 million songs for your listening pleasure - see http://deezer.whaale.com for details
- The Audiobus source which lets you play music that comes from other apps supported by it. See http://audiobus.whaale.com for details
- Our WHAALE Family Feature…it makes multiple WHAALE apps in the same network work together easily - see http://family.whaale.com
----- Please note before you buy -----
By default, the app can play music:
- stored on your iOS device (but Apple Music is not supported, see below)
- provided by the Deezer Music service
- comes from Audiobus-compatible apps
- on up to 4 AirPlay speakers or the internal speaker of the iOS device.
It supports up to 6 speakers, internet radio and UPnP media servers, available as an In-App-Purchase.
-The app doesn’t work with Apple Music (because it’s DRM protected and can’t be played on third party apps).
-The WHAALE app only handles sound from other apps which are supported by the Audiobus app.
-You can’t play music on AirPlay speakers and the device’s internal speaker/docking station at the same time.
- Bluetooth speakers are not supported.
The WHAALE Multiroom Player supports all Airplay™ certified devices on the market and will run on iPad 2, 3, 4, Air/2, iPad Mini/2, iPhone 4/S, 5/S and 6/Plus and iPod touch 4 and 5 (see **).
Software-based AirPlay-implementations like Airfoil, XBMC, Reflector are not currently supported.
Please check http://airplay-multiroom.whaale.com for further information about multi room audio systems.
AirPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
* Needs an optional in-app-purchase; 4 speakers are activated free; further speakers will work in demo mode for 5 minutes.
** Due to the limitations the devices themselves up to 3 speakers maximum
are supported on the iPhone 4 and the iPod touch 4.
Fixed problems with list of speakers on iOS 15.
Ratings and Reviews
Be careful using it with 11.2
Tried using this with 11.2 after update - it messed up selecting AirPlay devices to the point that I had to restart the device.
This app works very well. I have it working with six airport expresses and 3 Yamaha Musiccast speakers (in airplay mode) ---works amazingly well. I'm sure that some people may prefer sonos---but this app lets me choose my speakers---a person is not stuck in the sonos ecosystem----nor forced to use a subscription service to get the most out of one's purchase like the target audience for the homepod. For those of us with large collections of CDs and itunes purchases, I think this is much better than going the homepod route/apple music route. I have not noticed any latency issues (but I do have robust network involving two hardwired ac time capsules and some wired and non-wired second generation airport expresses).
I hope the developer will make an upgrade available to more than 6 speakers, ---10 to 12 would be great! Keep up the good work.
Excellent with my multiple HomePods
I recently bought 6 HomePod for my house. I am very happy that this app works magnificent with all my HomePod. I can stream my music to all of the them simultaneously. Great app!!
(Since Apple has not released AirPlay 2)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Logit Informatikai es Kereskedelmi Korlatolt Felelossegu Tarsasag
- 75.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © The WHAALE Team
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to 3 speakers $0.00
- Upgrade to 4 speakers $0.00
- vTuner Internet Radio $1.99
- UPnP Media Servers $0.99
- Upgrade to 5 speakers $1.99
- WHAALE Family $4.99
- Upgrade to 6 speakers $1.99