What The Forecast?!! won a 2018 People's Choice Webby Award in the category of Mobile Sites & Apps - Services & Utilities!! Thank you to everyone who voted and helped make that happen!!
What The Forecast?!! is an accurate weather app that will explain, in real terms, how nasty it is outside. You will never again wonder if you should just go back to bed (which, of course, you should). Sometimes, it is better to just give up and try again tomorrow.
- Over 9607 obnoxious phrases describing the current weather conditions.
- Switchable profanity settings (ON, SOME, MINIMAL, OFF).**
- Listen to the latest weather saying in different voices.
- Accurate weather reports directly from AerisWeather.
- Daily forecasts for 10 days.
- Hourly forecasts for 48 hours.
- Weather alerts from NOAA.
- Hot, Cold, and Dew Point Thresholds that allow you to customize the weather phrases.
- Moon Phase.
- Air Quality, Arthritis, Migraine, Sinus, Cold/Flu, and Bee Indices.
- Backgrounds and precipitation that match the time of year and current weather conditions.
- Select from U.S. or metric units in the app Settings.
- Descriptions of basic weather terms used in the app.
- Share your weather reports on Facebook, Twitter, Snap, etc.
**Make sure you go into the What The Forecast?!! app settings and set the profanity setting to "ON" for the full effect. You won't be disappointed (Or, maybe you will. I don't know you...).
- Buttloads of new weather and loading sayings.
- Added the ability to change the text font in the app Settings.
- Spelling fixes because I'm sort of dumb.
- Changes to the minimal profanity filters.
- Fixed the text shadow color and widths.
- Moved the Moon Phase button back to the main screen.
- Minor bug fixes and stability changes.
- Some other stuff I've probably forgotten because I have the memory of a goldfish. Oh look! A castle!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Won’t work with location service off 😢
I enjoy this app, and it’s no less accurate than any other. It’s entertaining first and foremost. Unfortunately there’s no option I can find to simply enter a location you wish to know weather info about. It only works with ‘location services’ on the phone. I keep location service off as a general rule and it’s frustrating to have to turn it on to get weather! I then have to turn it back off afterward. I would like to enter my town and have that info saved. I also would like to know the weather in a couple other places too, especially when I’m on a road trip!
I often don’t carry phone service on the iPhone and only use it on WiFi, and grab my hotspot when I am going to be away from free WiFi areas, so I am afraid what the forecast won’t work in those times...
Just not as useful as I would wish. Maybe the paid version offers the ability to save several locations and provide weather without needing location service on? I don’t know! But I think I’ll be going back to no weather app and and simply checking on a weather website where I can input my location as is useful.
Concise and Accurate Data, Wonderful Snark
If you need me to use more words to convey my feelings about this app, go back and reread the title again.
For people that don't know how weather measurements work: this app gets data from a server somewhere, which in turn gets sensor data from a weather station somewhere near you. There aren't an infinite number of these around, but if you are in the US, the nearest one is probably within 1/2 mile of your current location. In that distance, it is very possible that the temperature is different, the wind is different, the falling moisture is different, etc. The app is not failing, it's just impossible to have infinitely precise measurements. If you need infinitely precise measurements, whip out your own measuring tools and test right where you are.
Unnecessary demand for continual current location access
I drive for a living. I don’t care about a funny comment about the weather at the current tiny township I’m passing through because it will be in the rear view mirror soon enough. I want the weather 50 miles away at one of the locations I entered in the settings. But this app demands to look up the weather for my current location upon every startup and refuses to default to a preset location.
For being designed in such a presumptuous way, it gets a single star.
Reply to Dev: I thought I was clear. It’s not about foreground / background location lookup, it’s about pushing a location lookup at all. It’s not about battery, it’s about pushing the current location lookup at all. Perhaps Dev doesn’t move much during the day, but I’ve ranged across 1000+ square miles as part of an average workday and when I pull out the weather app I don’t care about *current* location - I’m looking for one of a few preset locations. Dev didn’t understand my review at all.
Developer Response ,
I promise, the app only accesses your location when it is in use. I have specifically disabled background location usage until I can add features that can make use of it. Even then, users will be able to select foreground vs. background usage preferences. I would never want to take advantage of someone's battery, but if you are seeing that the app is using your location when it is in the background, please contact me at email@example.com so we can figure this out.
- William King
- 335.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Night Cat Productions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Extra Accents $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.