This innovative food-and-drink-pairing app is based on what has been described as “the world’s greatest book on the subject.” What to Drink with What You Eat by James Beard Award-winning authors Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page is also the world’s most trusted pairing book, having been named the Georges Duboeuf “Wine Book of the Year” and the IACP “Cookbook of the Year,” in addition to winning the Gourmand World Cookbook award. Based on input from sommeliers and chefs at America’s best restaurants (from Alinea to Daniel), these recommended pairings are now available “to go,” allowing you to enter any food (cuisine, dish, or ingredient) or drink (wine, beer, spirit, coffee, tea, or water) and to discover its ideal matches. Whether you’re at a restaurant, in a wine store, or in the supermarket, get perfect pairings every time, bookmark your favorites, and share them with your friends with this indispensable app.
Now Optimized for iOS 7 and the iPhone 5.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the book, and I was hoping an app would be made. Interface seems a bit primitive, but the info the app provides is worth it!
This app has potential!
1) Navigationally, I’d like to have the app go back to the specific food or wine I was searching and left off from rather than returning o the start of the alphabetized food or wine list.
2) It would be so helpful to have some tasting notes under each drink. In other words, body, acidity, sweetness, tannins, etc.
Keep up the good work!
A good start
I love the book! This app is a good start but I find it a bit clunky, constantly having to go back to search. The search field should be locked. If I'm in a food item I should be able to search in that item or the whole app without having to go back each time. I'd LOVE to see an iPad version bc the iBook is very slow for searching.
- Hachette Book Group, Inc.
- 2.9 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2010 Hachette Digital
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.