Becoming a parent is one of the biggest jobs you’ll ever take on. It’s one of the few jobs where there is little training. It’s natural for new parents to feel a little lost when a new baby comes home, often wondering “What Were We Thinking!” As you navigate the highs and lows of a new world this app gives you the knowledge, skills and reassurance to become a confident parent.
This app provides week-by-week information on essential topics to help mums and dads (and anyone supporting them) adjust well to the first six months of life with a baby.
By focusing on the practical and personal aspects of parenting, this app gives you evidence-based, tried and tested parenting advice from leading Australian experts.
Understand more about:
- Managing unsettled infant behaviours like crying and sleeping difficulties, and building a Feed-Sleep-Play routine
- Using new ideas and ways of thinking to help you adjust to your new role as parents and to respond to each other’s needs
Learn through activities including:
- Quizzes and worksheets
- Personal stories and experiences
- Journal writing and links to further information
- Weekly tips and reminders
This app was developed with funding from the Australian Government Department of Health. Content is based on the award-winning, evidence-based What Were We Thinking! program developed by leading Australian researchers from the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine at Monash University and Jean Hailes for Women’s Health.
What Were We Thinking!
A must-have app for new parents.
Straightforward and practical solutions in the palm of your hand.
Added weekly notification
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.