NOT ANOTHER READING APP!
Whatbook is more than another book app, it is your book social network, where you decide where your next recommendation is coming from.
We help you connect with your community of readers to get book recommendations and decide what book to read next.
Enjoy features like book search, author search, what to read next lists, currently reading and listening to (for audiobooks and all of our audio book fans!)
Create your personal virtual bookshelf and get talking about books with open discussion in our short 150 character book reviews.
On Whatbook you can read book reviews from your social network of readers; follow friends, family, colleagues and other users whose opinions you trust to discover new authors and books you didn’t get to read first time round. Give books a thumbs up or down and write a book review to share your recommendations with other users.
Most importantly, quickly see if anyone you know or follow has read a book and whether they recommend it or not.
You can organize your books into useful categories - Books you have already read or books you want to read. Build your collection and have your lists of books to read and recommendations all in the one place!
Main features of Whatbook:
- Book recommendations – Review and recommend books you’ve read.
- Book search – You can search for books by title or author. You can also find books with our ISBN barcode scanner to quickly add to your To Read list for later.
- Audiobooks - you can also find audio books in Whatbook book search - choose the book format you prefer.
- Build the collection - You can build your collection of books, and check out the virtual bookshelves of other users you know and trust.
- Detailed info – Keep all your information about books in one place. No more multiple lists of books to read or buying a book you’ve already read!
Download our app and use the features to share your virtual bookshelf with the Whatbook community.
Find what book will be your next good read !
Minor tweaks and changes to keep everything running smoothly.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app!
Whatbook is such an easy and awesome app that makes it so easy to find new reads and get connected in the book community - it has become one of my favorites to use! I would 100% recommend.
Developer Response ,
Loving it; can’t wait for it to get even better!
I’m loving this app so far. I’m excited to see how it improves in the future. So far, my only qualm is that I can’t seem to find a way to remove/delete a book from my collection. I accidentally marked that I read a book I didn’t read (and have no intention to) and I can’t figure out how to remove it.
Confusing. Search does not work.
I keep looking for books to add to lists and I can’t find them in search. I actually cant find anything in search. I do know these books exist in the app as ive found other users with said books. It haas great potential and i will continue to use it. I love this app so much already, but id like a functioning search tool.
Developer Response ,
Hello there! The issue you experienced with the search was due to high user demand overloading our servers and an issue that was fixed promptly by our amazing development team. We are happy to report that this issue is now resolved and hope you are enjoying the app otherwise.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Whatbook Ltd.
- 46.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Whatbook Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.