Whatbook is making books social again by helping people discover and share book recommendations with their friends, family, colleagues and the wider book community. Unlike many book cataloguing websites, Whatbook aims to make sharing the book you’re reading both easy and exciting. We’ve also added podcasts onto the platform available for free streaming through the app.
We’ve launched Whatbook, but are constantly evolving the design and adding new features. Collecting direct feedback from our existing users, we plan to build the first social readia platform the way our users want it.
From the beginning we’ve encouraged users to rate the books they’ve read, with a simple thumbs up / thumbs down system. This approach gives us a quick binary score system that evaluates books the way we talk about them in real life.
Whatbook allows you to:
- Share more of what you’re reading with multiple ‘Currently Reading’ slots on your profile page, for when you’re not quite ready to quit on that book you started but need something a little lighter to get you through your morning commute.
- Love them or hate them, AUDIOBOOKS are now part of Whatbook. You can now select currently Reading or Listening on your profile, accordingly.
- Search for books you saw advertised, authors you’ve heard about, and other Readers on the platform.
- Build a virtual library of the books you’ve read, want to read, recommendations you’ve received from other users, and begin to build collections for specific genres or subject.
- Add to this "library" or simply search for a book within seconds using our ISBN scanner, which pulls up the book details and shows you instantly who among your friends has read that book, and whether they recommend it or not.
- ReRead a book you’ve previously enjoyed from your Whatbook collection.
- Receive in-app notifications, such as someone liking that you are now reading that book they recommended to you, and now we’ve installed our notifications centre to keep track of all those messages you might have been too busy to check out earlier.
- Reading challenges are now being added to the profile pages under Achievements. Now you can celebrate your 10,000 steps as well as reading your 80th book, devouring one of our growing list of Iconic books, or finally emerging from your latest book series.
- Stream your favorite podcasts directly from your Whatbook app and discover your new favorite podcast show
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app!
Whatbook is such an easy and awesome app that makes it so easy to find new reads and get connected in the book community - it has become one of my favorites to use! I would 100% recommend.
Developer Response ,
Confusing. Search does not work.
I keep looking for books to add to lists and I can’t find them in search. I actually cant find anything in search. I do know these books exist in the app as ive found other users with said books. It haas great potential and i will continue to use it. I love this app so much already, but id like a functioning search tool.
Developer Response ,
Hello there! The issue you experienced with the search was due to high user demand overloading our servers and an issue that was fixed promptly by our amazing development team. We are happy to report that this issue is now resolved and hope you are enjoying the app otherwise.
I love the idea of this app but it has some major issues that can be very irritating. When I try to make or add something to a collection it never shows up on my profile. I also cannot find many books. I hope this can be fixed soon.
Developer Response ,
Hi Olivia! Thank you for the feedback. There will be a new version coming out within the next week to fix these issues. We hope you continue to enjoy Whatbook otherwise! If you have any more issues or feature suggestions please do not hesitate to email email@example.com
- Whatbook Ltd.
- 86.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Whatbook Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.