What’s Tuned is your single point of access for playing music on your mac. What’s Tuned is feature packed, easy to use and nonintrusive. It’s just there to assist you!
- Easily switch between your favourite music players. What’s Tuned supports iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, VLC & YouTube and SoundCloud (via Safari or Chrome) in one single interface, seamless.
- Provides useful information about the current song playing such as artist biography, origin of the artist, links for additional searches and much more. This is especially handy when you're listening to an internet radio station on iTunes*.
- Use Apple’s media keys on your keyboard for all supported music application so that you always can play, pause and skip songs even when watching a music video on Youtube.**
- Swiftly copy details of a song (MP3 tags) from the iTunes Store suggestions to the song you are playing including artwork.
- Shows the lyrics for the song if available in your iTunes library or else provides a link to lyrics from LyricWikia while you're listing to a song.
- Why not make use of the thousand internet radio stations iTunes provides? What’s Tuned Lite helps you with selecting radio stations available in iTunes and let you build a menu for quick access to your favourite radio stations. What’s Tuned Lite will let you search for radio stations in iTunes by name, category and even by country!
- Has it ever happend to you that you can’t remember the name of the song that was playing on the radio a while ago? No worries! What’s Tuned Lite keeps a history of all the songs you have listened to so that you can easily recall those songs and look up the details at a later time. What’s more? When you like a song playing on the internet radio, you can mark the song with a single click so you won't forget it.
- Apple Script Inserts: search and display additional for information about the song playing like album cover artwork, lyrics, artist bio, YouTube clips etc. With Inserts you can customise What's Tuned by using simple AppleScript snippets.
* not all internet radio stations reveal information about the current song playing
** additional download is needed
- Fixed compatibility issues with macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Reduced scanning interval for internet radio stations.
- Apple Script Inserts: now removes unwanted linefeeds (\n and \r) in HTML feed.
- Apple Script Inserts: added support for font in Artist Bio Pane (through HTML).
Ratings and Reviews
Best app to know the title of the songs you like.
I listen to Chilltrax a lot. Its an internet radio which plays relaxing music. A lot of these songs are not songs I know the artist or even name.
This app does a great job to let me know the name of the song in a very discreet and minimalistic way. I have this set up on the tool bar. Whenever I want to know the name of the song just look up and its right there. The best thing is that it also keeps a log of the songs.
The developer is super helpful. I wanted to use VLC instead of itunes for memory management. I contacted him and said its something hes would look into. 1 week later and Voila, the full app launched with support.
I barely write reviews so this app ranks really high on my list. Thank you so much.
ps. You can try the free version of this app as well, but after a week trial this is really great. The price is definately worth it. Make coffee at home one day and support this developer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.