WhatsApp from Facebook is a FREE messaging and video calling app. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries. It’s simple, reliable, and private, so you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family. WhatsApp works across mobile and desktop even on slow connections, with no subscription fees*.
Private messaging across the world
Your personal messages and calls to friends and family are end-to-end encrypted. No one outside of your chats, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them.
Simple and secure connections, right away
All you need is your phone number, no user names or logins. You can quickly view your contacts who are on WhatsApp and start messaging.
High quality voice and video calls
Make secure video and voice calls with up to 8 people for free*. Your calls work across mobile devices using your phone’s Internet service, even on slow connections.
Group chats to keep you in contact
Stay in touch with your friends and family. End-to-end encrypted group chats let you share messages, photos, videos and documents across mobile and desktop.
Stay connected in real time
Share your location with only those in your individual or group chat, and stop sharing at any time. Or record a voice message to connect quickly.
Share daily moments through Status
Status allows you to share text, photos, video and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours. You can choose to share status posts with all your contacts or just selected ones.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
If you have any feedback or questions, please go to WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us
* You can now enable Disappearing Messages by default in new chats. To get started, go to Privacy settings and select "Default Message Timer".
* Disappearing Messages now includes 24 hours, 7 days, and 90 days timer options. There is also a new shortcut to enable it when creating a group.
* You can now review your voice messages before sending by locking your recording and tapping the "stop" button.
* Quickly create a colorful group icon by choosing the new "Emoji & Stickers" option.
These features will roll out over the coming weeks. Thanks for using WhatsApp!
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful app! please add one simple feature
I use this app to communicate with my friends and family daily. I’ve been using it for about 4 years now, and I’ve accumulated a LOT of stickers. I mean probably 500+ stickers, all of different things for different situations. It can be a real pain to have to scroll through a lot of them, especially since I star/favorite most of mine and don’t have packs. If there could be a way to manually organize the starred stickers and put them in their own packs/sections or anything that would be amazing! Maybe something similar to Pinterest? Where you create a board/pack and add the a sticker of choice to that pack. Also when you delete a sticker it automatically scrolls all the way back up to the top of your stickers, I’d prefer if it didn’t.
That’s it! Thanks for a wonderful service.
App got worse after no choice then having to update
What happened to what’s app after the update. It got worse. What about being able to delete what you sent on both sides nit just from my chat, it used to not any more! You said there were improvements? Not at all! Improvements doesn’t mean to take away what worked well for many. improvements is enhancing adding not removing what works. What a disappointment this app fell short! Many feel the same! Security? That probably won’t be secure either anymore! Let’s see what will happen going forward with all the breaches and the unsecured and less encryption . I can go on and on. If you say you will improve, then do as you promise! What happened to what’s app after the update. It got worse. What about being able to delete what you sent on both sides nit just from my chat, it used to not any more! You said there were improvements? Not at all! Improvements doesn’t mean to take away what worked well for many. improvements is enhancing adding not removing what works. What a disappointment this app fell short! Many feel the same! Security? That probably won’t be secure either anymore! Let’s see what will happen going forward with all the breaches and the unsecured and less encryption . I can go on and on. If you say you will improve, then do as you promise!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review.
Please note that you only have about **an hour** after you've sent a message to delete for everyone.
Messages that are successfully deleted for everyone will be replaced with:
“**This message was deleted**”
To delete messages for everyone:
1. Open the WhatsApp chat containing the message you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold the message :: tap **Delete**.
* Optionally, select more messages to delete multiple messages at once.
3. Tap the **trash can** icon :: **Delete For Everyone**.
* In order for messages to be successfully deleted for everyone, both you and your recipient must be using the latest version of WhatsApp.
* Recipients using WhatsApp for iOS may still have media you sent saved to their Photos, even after the message is deleted from the WhatsApp chat.
* Recipients may see your message before it's deleted or if deletion wasn’t successful.
* You won’t be notified if deleting for everyone wasn’t successful.
* You only have about an hour after you've sent a message to request to **Delete for Everyone**
From Bad to Worse
What was once a wonderful secure platform is fast becoming a laughingstock ever since it was touched by Facebook. So thoroughly disappointed. Relatives abroad had told me that Facebook is phasing out WhatsApp but demands that we give them all our contact details; I’m not for that. Apparently, In the UK, WhatsApp was given customers until the first week of February before they close an account if the customer refused to except terms to the detriment of customer privacy. Now there is a delay to this change? It’s still going to happen so why the delay? Could it be that this delay is to collect our information anyway without a permission, anyway? I have now started looking for a replacement to WhatsApp. I am sorry to be parting company with you but it isn’t the secure independent platform it once was and the quality has progressively deteriorated. To be honest, if I could opt for zero stars that would be the level at this point. I’ve been trying to speak to others over the platform but I’ve spent more time trying to reconnect or redial and it’s just not worth it. Another competitor bows out.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 204 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.