Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
Ratings and Reviews
A comprehensive review of Whatsapp security.
First of all yes I am on addersal. WhatsApp has a number of advanced security features. It has end-to-end encryption, just like Apple’s iMessage and Signal. All messages flowing through the platform are secured so that only the sender and the recipient can view them. WhatsApp couldn’t read your message even if it wanted to. The app doesn’t store your personal information, and only people you approve as contacts can message you. As with an increasing number of internet services like Google and Facebook, WhatsApp uses two-factor authentication, which has you type in a second passcode sent to your phone via text message to access your account. Group messages can conflict with some privacy settings, however, in that if you have blocked someone, they can still appear in a group message that you can see
App got worse after no choice then having to update
What happened to what’s app after the update. It got worse. What about being able to delete what you sent on both sides nit just from my chat, it used to not any more! You said there were improvements? Not at all! Improvements doesn’t mean to take away what worked well for many. improvements is enhancing adding not removing what works. What a disappointment this app fell short! Many feel the same! Security? That probably won’t be secure either anymore! Let’s see what will happen going forward with all the breaches and the unsecured and less encryption . I can go on and on. If you say you will improve, then do as you promise! What happened to what’s app after the update. It got worse. What about being able to delete what you sent on both sides nit just from my chat, it used to not any more! You said there were improvements? Not at all! Improvements doesn’t mean to take away what worked well for many. improvements is enhancing adding not removing what works. What a disappointment this app fell short! Many feel the same! Security? That probably won’t be secure either anymore! Let’s see what will happen going forward with all the breaches and the unsecured and less encryption . I can go on and on. If you say you will improve, then do as you promise!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review.
Please note that you only have about **an hour** after you've sent a message to delete for everyone.
Messages that are successfully deleted for everyone will be replaced with:
“**This message was deleted**”
To delete messages for everyone:
1. Open the WhatsApp chat containing the message you want to delete.
2. Tap and hold the message :: tap **Delete**.
* Optionally, select more messages to delete multiple messages at once.
3. Tap the **trash can** icon :: **Delete For Everyone**.
* In order for messages to be successfully deleted for everyone, both you and your recipient must be using the latest version of WhatsApp.
* Recipients using WhatsApp for iOS may still have media you sent saved to their Photos, even after the message is deleted from the WhatsApp chat.
* Recipients may see your message before it's deleted or if deletion wasn’t successful.
* You won’t be notified if deleting for everyone wasn’t successful.
* You only have about an hour after you've sent a message to request to **Delete for Everyone**
Stickers changed everything
So my friends and I have debated back and forth whether if to use whatsapp or imessage as our primary way of communicating for as long as I can remember. In all honesty we frequently switched back and forth. However, ever since whatsapp released stickers, there is no debate. My whole entire city/everyone I know constantly trades stickers like pokemon cards & it makes our conversations 10 times funnier. We also create our own stickers using other apps. Our biggest request is to please allow us to organize our stickers (maybe by sorting them into folders/tabs) because we have so many and they get lost in the bunch. Another great idea would be to have access to create new stickers directly through whatsapp instead of a third party application. Please take these things into consideration. I never write reviews but we’ve all genuinely said it for months that we wish we could organize our stickers.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 168 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.