WheelMasks is an utility to create harmonic color schemes that will help you improve your paintings and illustrations.
Create a wheel mask by drawing a shape over the color wheel that limits the palette of colors available for your illustration, providing you with an harmonic color scheme.
Unlike traditional palette creation apps, WheelMasks’ palettes are not limited to just a few colors, making it an ideal tool for the digital painter and colorist.
Use a preset mask or create new ones by transforming them or creating them from scratch. There are preset masks for the following color schemes: triad, square, tetradic, complementary, accent, split and analogous.
Configure the color wheel to your liking. Chose how many hues you want, how many levels for each hue and the brightness or, when available, the saturation.
You can see the color definitions, either as RGB values or Hex, in the extended palette view. You can also copy those values to the pasteboard.
A one time In-App purchase enables WheelMasks' full functionality:
- Choose from several color modes for the wheel: RGB, RYB, RYGB and Equiluminant.
- Keep an archive of the wheel masks you've created.
- Send your wheel masks to any image editing app that is capable of opening PNG files or export the swatches as an Adobe Swatch Exchange file or as Procreate's swatches.
All the modes but Equiluminant have three variants:
- Normal: a typical color wheel with saturation or brightness, you can choose, decreasing to the center of the wheel.
- Chroma: a color wheel with decreasing chroma to the center that keeps the same lightness in each hue, with lightness decreasing along the wheel from yellow to its opposite hue.
- Grey: a color wheel with colors converging to a neutral grey at the center.
The Equiluminant mode has two variants, HSLuv and HPLuv. The HSLuv color space is an extension of CIELUV, a color space that attempts perceptual uniformity. The lightness of every hue in the color wheel is perceptually the same, unlike the lightness of other color spaces which varies from hue to hue.
For support, contact email@example.com
For news and updates follow WheelMasks on
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/wheelmasks
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WheelMasks
Improves Procreate swatches compatibility.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very Practical Creative Tool
WheelMasks is a great value!
I am a composer and producer, and I do all of the artwork for my albums and apps with Procreate. WheelMasks makes the task of building a custom color palette super simple and fun. I reported a small bug related to exporting palettes to Procreate, and the developer replied immediately and then posted an update within a few days.
This is a hugely useful tool for working within a color gamut leveraging any number of color theories. The ability to export color gamut is a boon since you can then import as a reference photo in another program such as Procreate, Adobe Photoshop or Corel Painter
Super easy and simple
I like this app, it’s an easy and simple way to build color palettes. I read that Shag uses shapes on a color wheel like this to cook up color schemes for his paintings, so I wanted to try it. This does an easy job of it, and it’s free!
- Roger Tallada Solano
- 22 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Roger Tallada
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock everything. $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.