- Countdown timer in years, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds.
- Timer counts up once an event has happened, so you can also track past events.
- Current weather for each event's location, including: high & low temperature, cloud cover, air pressure, humidity, wind speed & direction...
- A background image for each event - choose a good one to make it beautiful!
- Set a 'cover' event and open the app to see that event take up the full screen - it really does look gorgeous.
- Choose a different font for each event's information.
- A Universal app - works on your iPhone and iPad.
- Works on the Watch. See all your events, and view and change the cover event.
- Local notifications on your iPhone, iPad and Watch when an event happens, or at a specified period before the event.
- Add notes to each event so you can remember the important details.
- New Widgets that you can add to your Home Screen for iOS 14!
- A Today widget in the iOS 13 Notification Centre, showing your cover event.
- Events can be added to Spotlight Search, so you can jump straight into an event from the search screen on your Home Screen.
- You can add a new event or view the cover event by pressing and holding down on the app icon.
- Contextual menus in the event list allow you to perform common tasks quickly.
- Compatible with iOS 13+ and watchOS 4+.
This is a much, much better app, and there are so many new things. Here we go!
• Added new Home Screen Widgets for iOS 14 to show off your events:
•• Small widgets show the event's name, countdown timer, and current weather at the location. Medium widgets also show the location.
•• There's a new setting in the app to show event images in the Home Screen widgets and Today View. They look great with the images on!
•• You can add as many widgets as you like, so you can keep track of all your important events right on your Home Screen.
•• Tapping a widget will launch the app and show that event full-screen.
•• Note: Weather will clear after four hours as it's no longer relevant. Launch the app again to show updated weather.
• Added an events map so you can see where your events are all over the world!
•• You can access it via the little globe icon.
• If you agree to let the app use your location (only while you're using the app, because privacy), sorting by location will sort events by their distance from your current location. Sweet, huh? (If you don't grant permission, sorting by location is done alphabetically by location name.)
• The app is now localised into French, because I've been learning French. German next! If you spot an error, please get in touch via Twitter: @WhensThatApp
• Dates, times, temperatures etc. all now use your device's region settings.
• Weather details are now in your preferred language. Tu vas avoir très froid dans cette robe! (That's your actual French.)
• You're now asked if you want to lose any changes you've made to an event.
• New button in the top-right to edit an event when it's displayed full-screen.
• In the events list the cover event now has a swipe option to show it as the cover, as if you'd tapped the button at the top of the list.
• Complete rewrite of the way data is stored and retrieved.
• Multiple little issues in the background have been fixed.
Some of your settings might have been reset to their defaults, like showing temperatures in Fahrenheit rather than Celsius. Sorry about that; just pop into the Settings screen and change them.
• Fixed: When you get a notification that it's time for an event, tapping it shows you that event full-screen.
• Fixed: When you deleted all events from your iPhone, the Watch would say it was loading events. It now says there aren't any, which is a little less 'fake news'.
• Fixed: Authentication, if enabled, is now performed before the main events screen is displayed, so you shouldn't see a flicker of the events before it appears.
• Fixed: The app icon shortcuts weren't working, so you couldn't create a new event or view the cover event by holding down on the icon. For shame!
• Fixed: The file sizes for images sent to the Watch were waaaayyyy too large for my liking: Squished! Should be about 10x quicker to transfer now: Bonza!
• It wouldn't be an update if there weren't weather fixes!:
•• Fixed: Sunrise & sunset times in the weather screen didn't take account of your current timezone, so sunrise could maddeningly be at 11pm. It now correctly shows the times at the event's location.
•• Fixed: The wind direction is meteorological - 315º is a NW wind gusting towards SE - so the arrow should point where it's going to, not where it's coming from.
•• Fixed: When enabling weather on an event for a new location you would get an error message while it was in the process of being retrieved. This was absurd, and the error has been banished.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really like but...
Seems to have an issue adding location. Most of the time when trying to add a new event, it says the location is missing and is therefore unsuccessful.
apple watch app not working
i cannot get the app to open up on my apple watch 4. it will not show
up on the complication display also.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.