For anyone who enjoys the countryside!
From the SOC - Scotland’s Bird Club – this app will help beginners and experts alike to discover hundreds of the best places to see and enjoy birds around the country.
Find birdwatching sites across Scotland, including RSPB, Scottish Wildlife Trust, local and national nature reserves, as well as National Trust for Scotland properties and others.
This easy to use guide will help you prepare and ensure you get the most out of your next (or first!) birdwatching trip.
For each location on the app, find out:
• what birds to look for, where and when
• how to get around the site
• recent bird sightings (from BirdTrack)
• how to get to the site with full navigation instructions
• rare and unusual species that have been seen there
• other wildlife spectacles to look for
Plus, help conservation by sending in your bird sightings via links in the app.
You’ll get maps and information on over 500 bird species (from SOC’s landmark publication, The Birds of Scotland) and discover where these species are likely to be seen.
You can use the core features of the app even without a signal. You can also save your favourite sites to go back to later.
New birdwatching locations will continue to be added and existing ones updated as far as possible.
The project has been financed by the SOC’s Birds of Scotland Fund – supporting ornithological publications and special projects in Scotland – with additional help from legacies to the Club and a donation from Glasgow Natural History Society.
Download the app now and start planning your trip!
Find out more about the app:
* Fixed issue with favourites list not loading in iOS 13
* Various minor performance improvements & bugfixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.