The Holy Grail of Hockey is the most recognizable trophy in sports and travels the world 320 days a year. This application tracks where the cup has been, where it is going, as well as providing the necessary information to help give people the unique opportunity of seeing the cup in person. The map view visually shows the cup's location as well as the ability to show how close you are using the devices built in GPS capabilities. The historical view shows date sorted records with the ability to filter on all recordings in the database, future cup destinations, and professional hockey team champions. This application provides a view to follow us live on Twitter as well as proving feedback or simply sending us an email through the application.
- Map View (Satellite, Map, Both) of the cup's past, current and future destinations
- Ability to show one's current location alongside trophy location as well as distance away
- Tabular view of our database of recorded locations along with drill down to more detailed information
- Web and Image Views for related stories and images of cup destinations
- Twitter View to correspond with us in real time to share a location with other users and help us build our database
- Email capabilities to share with us a cup location or story as well as application bug and feature requests
- Metric/American measurement and Graphics configuration available
Added automated background updates.
Modified display of cup information
Fixed bug with display labels
Ratings and Reviews
Absolute waste of money (don’t buy it in desperation)
What a compete and utter waste. Want to see the Cup out in public and a friend convinced you to spend “just a dollar” for the chance that this app works? Save your money and your frustration and realize that the Cup isn’t traceable like that. Sorry to tell you the thing I too was hoping.
Another review said to just check the associated twitter feed for free (and the same amount of frustration that it too isn’t timely with its accuracy). Def better than giving anyone money for this useless app.
The app is. It up to date! Perfect example the Pens won the cup and had the victory parade today at noon. It is 6 pm I looked at the app to see where the cup was going to be next. Told me at the victory parade that ended 6 hrs ago !!! I know that does not seem like a long time but last yr I was in walking distance from the cup and never knew it till some one posted it on Facebook with their pictures with the cup. Oh and that appearance is still not listed on this app! If you know you might be close follow FB it is free and more up to date
Not up to date
I downloaded the app with the hopes of knowing when the cup would be in my area. It was in Minneapolis and St. Paul on Monday, April 3. Two days later, the app still shows it's in Pennsylvania. If I had relied on this app for its location, I would have missed it. I even sent the app an email letting them know it was here.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.