Stay in control and care from anywhere when you connect your Whirlpool® Smart Appliances with the Whirlpool® App. Get real-time updates, preheat the oven for dinner, download the right cycle for a load of dishes and more, right from your mobile device. Control your kitchen no matter what you've got on your hands using simple voice commands with the Google Assistant or an Alexa-enabled device. You can also integrate with your Nest Learning Thermostat™.*
When you need it, get instant support for select issues with troubleshooting videos and guided service. Scan-to-Connect technology means your smart appliances can be up and running quickly.
Whirlpool® connected features are purposefully designed to fit the unique ways you care for your family:
- Whirlpool works with Yummly! Yummly® Guided Cooking makes meal prep easier by helping you answer the question “what’s for dinner?” before it’s even asked. Recipes with the Connected Fork icon in the Yummly® app include step-by-step video tutorials that provide the extra assistance you need on busy days. Prompts in the app even send cooking instructions straight to your Whirlpool® smart cooking appliance.**
- Get the right settings for frozen meals every time with Scan-to-Cook technology***
- Make multi-step meals simple by sending cooking instructions to the oven or microwave all at once
- Party mode automatically turns on the Keep Warm setting so dishes stay ready to serve
- Know if you've left a burner on with remote connectivity that lets you monitor your cooktop from your smartphone or tablet.†
- Get specialty cycles and customized care with the Download & Go™ option
- Automatically order detergent when you're running low with Amazon Dash Replenishment
- Take the guesswork out of fighting stains from your family's clothes. Tell the Stain Guide what got spilled on what type of fabric for easy-to-follow pretreating instructions and recommended wash cycles (select models).‡
- Manage laundry day from anywhere by assigning family members tasks like transferring a load to the dryer or folding clean clothes. They'll get the notification on their smart devices (select models).
- Personalized Quick Tips make sure your family’s laundry gets the care it deserves, while helping laundry day go more smoothly (select models).
- Receive helpful Laundry Alerts, which let you know if there's an unbalanced load that may affect performance.
- Follow step-by-step instructions and select how-to videos to help guide you through quick fixes with the Diagnostic Tool.
*Features may vary by product and are subject to change. Compatible connected appliance required. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect.
**Select recipes only. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect and yummly.com/privacy.
*** Not all frozen foods included.
† Cooktop elements cannot be turned off remotely from the app.
‡ Select stains only.
Google, Google Home and other related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Nest® and Nest Learning Thermostat™ are trademarks licensed by Nest Labs, Inc.
Thanks for using the Whirlpool® App! This release includes:
-Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t even log in
I use a password manager and the app wouldn’t let me paste a password into the “new password” box. So I used a desktop web browser to create an account, but my password failed the validation even though it met all stated criteria (it exceeded the required length, contained upper and lower case letters, a digit, and two special characters not on the exclusion list). Eventually I figured out that the problem was that the special characters chosen by my password manager weren’t allowed, even though they weren’t on the exclusion list on the web site. Having successfully registered using a desktop browser, I returned to the app and discovered that it wouldn’t let me log in with that password. I kept truncating my password in case it was just too long for the app but had no success, even after I changed it to the stupid “Password1!” (stupid but apparently valid on the web site). I can’t believe a user experience can even be this bad in 2019. Whirlpool should be embarrassed to have released this.
Developer Response ,
Hey Don, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your App., please note that the whirlpool web site and the app are stand alone interfaces. Please reach out to us directly if you have further questions at 1-866-333-4591, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Piece of crap
Not only does this app have a slew of bugs with first connecting your products, after you take an hour to get them connected you have to deal with the bugs of dryers and washers constantly saying “idle”, and not responding to commands from the app or sending updates...they just sit at “idle”. Once you attempt to call whirlpool to get assistance you are placed on hole for twelve minutes and then get sent to a voicemail box where you leave a message only to never receive a call back. The range does the same thing with sitting on idle on the app. Brand new out of the box, it doesn’t get hot and the oven light does not work. The app and appliances have been nothing but problems since the start. I regret spending the significant amount of money for the supposed “latest and greatest” from Whirlpool...formerly my most trusted brand. Big fail, Whirlpool...y’all need to get it together before you lose all of your lifelong customers.
Developer Response ,
Hey MinerGoneCrazy, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your App and synchronization. Please reach out to us directly at 1-866-333-4591, via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
The App is Crap
Do not waste your time with Whirlpool „smart“ appliances. Love he Whirlpool products from a reliability standpoint, but a digital company they are not. Good old mechanical engineering is what they are good at and make a reliable product but the digital age will leave them behind if this generation of smart appliances and app are their answer to it.
Have a washer and dryer pair that took forever to get connected till it finally worked. Now, despite the pair working and sending text messages (that are correct), the status in the app never changes. The dryer is permanently in „Idle“ despite an Text telling me that my clothes are dry. And a washer that constantly shows 41 minutes left in the cycle. Device resets (full power off) and app reinstall does not correct the problem.
Washer-Dryer pair good.... smart Features, remedial at best... to be fair they are super ‚dumb‘ and serve no real purpose .... the App, well, like i said .... CRAP
Developer Response ,
FrankKeyDee- We apologize for the trouble with the Whirlpool app. You may need to refresh the app by dragging the screen down. If that doesn't resolve the issue to accurately reflect the status of the appliance, please call us at 866-333-4591 M-F 8am to 6pm EST and we can address your concerns.
- Whirlpool Corporation
- 187 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ® /TM ©2019 Whirlpool. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.