The best free White Noise app keeps getting better!
Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dishwasher Rinsing, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain Pouring, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
• 50+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sound downloads from the White Noise Market app or website: https://whitenoisemarket.com/
• Background audio support so you can use other apps while listening.
• Record and professionally loop sounds without being an audio engineer!
• Revolutionary Mix Pad editor for creating new soundscapes like a DJ with support for adjusting sound position, sound variance, volume, and pitch of each individual sound in the mix
• Upload and Share your recordings and mixes with the White Noise Market app
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand
• All screen resolutions supported including iPhone X, iPhone 5-8+, and iPad
• Portrait and Landscape orientations supported.
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
• Heart favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorites view
• Set Music alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
• Remote media controls on lock screen and headphones
• Advanced controls for volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
• Upgrade to the full version to remove advertising.
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Today Show, Dr. Oz Show, FOX&Friends, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers. Visit our website at https://www.tmsoft.com/ for more details.
White Noise was created for the original iPhone in 2008 by TMSOFT and has been continuously updated with new features. Download the full version of White Noise to remove advertising and add additional features including Apple TV & Apple Watch support. Just tap the + button and "Upgrade" to learn more.
Download new sounds at https://whitenoisemarket.com/
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WhiteNoiseApp
Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/whitenoiseapp
Support and FAQ info at https://www.tmsoft.com/white-noise/support/
- Fixed bug with fading music alarms
- Support library updates
Ratings and Reviews
Puts me to sleep every night
Be sure to get the White Noise Market app if you get this, with both of them you have the best and widest selection of free sounds you can get on apps like these hands down. If you've already tried of all the sleep apps that lock out all the good sounds unless you pay, you'll really appreciate this one. Tons of free sounds publicly uploaded and some uploaders even take requests. Even the premium sounds are free at a slightly lower quality. You'll find anything from beautiful thunderstorms to some dude squishing puddy in his hands. After you've found all the sounds you can search for on the market you can put them all into your own mix, change the pitch, position where you want the sounds to be. i like letting the sounds roam around freely in my headphones and you can even change the speed at which the sounds move around. I love how much freedom this app combined with the Market gives you for free. I'll spend my money on the premium version of this before I spend a penny on the other apps trying to sell me a limited amount of sounds i can't even preview in a mix first. Glad I got this one and I can delete all the other apps i've tried. The fact this app has helped me sleep for the past couple months while being diverse enough that i can always try something new with it deserves all my appreciation
Best app in the world
I have it playing relaxing sounds every morning and night. It keeps me calm and relaxed by having nature sounds playing in the background. I especially love how it lets you mix with other apps because I like mixing the white noise sounds with music or audiobooks. I also like how the app stayed very simple and it doesn't use up a lot of space or resources. The best thing is you could download a lot more free sounds from their market place app and have a big collection of sounds with endless possibilities, and I'm very glad it's all free.
Though most sound loops are only 1 minute long the most and I would have liked it to be longer so it could have more variety.
I also don't like that there's no syncing features since I use the White Noise app on different phones and platforms. I would have liked if it could remember the order that I arranged the sounds in so it would be the same across other devices since it takes hours to rearrange the sounds. It would also be great if there was some kind of automatic sorting arrangement where the sounds could be auto arranged by type (like fire, river, ocean, rain, wind, etc.).
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the detailed review and feedback.
I have forwarded your request to our development team for consideration.
Still in love
Everyone should have this app then learn how to use it to make your life better. I’ve had this app since my first smart phone and I still love it. We have 8 children now and I love to travel and visit a variety of places. This app makes it so easy to help them have a good nights sleep wherever we are. We can all sleep in the same room if needed and not be terribly worried we’ll wake up like sleep-deprived Zombies. I absolutely love the clock feature! When in landscape, I’m able to see the time from across the room with a color of my choice conducive to our needs. This is especially helpful if the phone needs to be particularly close to a certain child. It is so nice to see the time at anytime through out the night without even touching my device. It is my travel sanity. It is also handy when mom (or anyone) needs to catch a nap, but the background noise is a bit too much (even when they are trying to be quiet) or I need to be in the same room, but want to override their whispers to concentrate better.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 108.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2022 TMSOFT, LLC