Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dishwasher Rinsing, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain Pouring, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
APP FEATURES (FULL VERSION)
• FULL: 40+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sounds from the White Noise Market at https://whitenoisemarket.com/
• FULL: Apple TV and Apple Watch App
• FULL: Over 20 Alarm Sounds that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed.
• FULL: No Advertisements. Disable Market & Rating Prompts in Settings.
• Background audio support so you can use other apps while listening.
• Revolutionary Mix Pad editor for creating new soundscapes like a DJ with support for adjusting sound position, sound variance, volume, and pitch of each individual sound in the mix.
• Record and professionally loop sounds without being an audio engineer!
• Upload and Share your recordings and mixes with the White Noise Market app.
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand.
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• Retina display support with Portrait/Landscape orientations.
• On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
• Heart favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorites view
• Use iPod Music as alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• Remote media controls with bluetooth, lock screen, and headphones
• Advanced controls for volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
• Generate custom color noises, binaural beats, and tones with Generator In-App Purchase
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Dr. Oz, Today Show, FOX&Friends, Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers.
DR. OZ SHOW: 13 Miracles of 2013
"Revolutionary Sound App!”
THE WASHINGTON POST: Smartphone Puts Newborn to Sleep
"For the next four months, the infant slept with his father's phone in his crib and White Noise tuned to 'air conditioner.' The monotonous buzz kept the baby sleeping soundly and his parents happy."
CNET: Apps that can improve your life
“Trouble falling asleep at night? A little White Noise might do the trick.”
HEALTH MAGAZINE: "Help you turn off your brain, fall asleep faster, and get the rest you desperately need"
White Noise Market: https://whitenoisemarket.com
Thanks for using White Noise by TMSOFT!
Version 7.7.9 - Improvements to music alarms to fix some reported issues for this feature.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Worth the price!
Started with white noise lite, loved it, but felt restricted (it stops the noise if you leave the app). Upgraded, and it was a game changer. I use it for everything now - going to sleep, trying to focus while in the office, meditating, shoving off anxiety - you know, basics.
At first I would just play the sounds available as is, and THEN I started playing around with the app features. You can try making your own mixes to get some variety, and if you download white noise market for free, you can to add to the sounds you already have in your library. You can also record sounds (you can do it right in the app), and if you want, you can upload it into the white noise market and other people can download and enjoy the things you record too.
I live near a river and when it rains, that sound is one of my favorite things in the world.. now I carry it around with me so I have it when I need a calm moment. I love it so much, can’t recommend it enough!
Great variety of sounds, great sleep aid
I love the variety of sounds that are available, and, coupled with the White Noise Store, you can keep as many sounds as you’d like. I use the app on lunch breaks, as I sleep in my car, and, oftentimes, at there’s at least one person who blares out loud, obnoxious music, or talks on their phone while I’m trying to recharge my batteries with a short power nap. The app has higher-pitched sounds(Pink Noise) for the booming bass-based obnoxious music that someone will blare out from their car stereo, and, lower-pitched sounds(Room Noise, Brown Noise, Gray Noise, and Space Station Sleep Room, just to name a few) to drown out the higher-pitched music, or conversation. The timer function is great, and there’s even a Fade-In option that let’s you have your selected wake noise fade in slowly. And, here is what cost this App a 5th Star: When the Fade-In option is activated, your selected Wake Noise fades in gradually, but, your sleep noise stops. Suddenly. And, THAT wakes me up BEFORE the Wake Noise starts. If the Sleep Noise were to slowly start to fade, I’d say, 30 seconds before the Wake Noise were to kick in, AND THEN, the Wake Noise were to slowly fade in at, say, 15-20 seconds before the scheduled wake-up time, that would make this App an even better investment!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. You can create a Stop Sound timer a few minutes before the alarm timer and set it to fade out to create your desired effect. We will take your feedback to the dev team as well. Cheers
I love this app — I have one tweak request, though ...
I work from home, as does my wife. Ever since we moved my office to the room with the back door and my dad moved in with us, there’s been a lot of foot traffic and ambient noise near my desk. White Noise is invaluable — I’ve had a thunderstorm in my head for days now, blocking out all the footsteps, dog barking, and general hubbub that happens while I’m trying to concentrate.
One feature request, though (and I’m guessing the developers have heard this before): I would love it if the sounds faded in or out on start and stop rather than being so abrupt. I can see how that might be a complicated addition since the noise is generated rather than strictly a recording, but it’s very jarring to turn it off and on. Other than that, I use white noise more than any other app these days, except perhaps mail and messages. Thanks for a great app!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the awesome feedback! We are so happy to hear that we can help you concentrate while you work. As far as the fading, we do have a fade feature if when you set a time. You can set a timer for the sound to stop at noon and have it fade either 30 seconds, 1 minute, or 5 minutes prior to that time. Hope this helps! Thanks again for the review.
- 63 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020 TMSOFT, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Generator $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.