Health workers need accurate, extensive, reliable, and timely information on COVID-19 to save lives and stay safe.
This app provides health workers everywhere with an efficient way to access the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 knowledge resources all in one place, including up-to-the-minute guidance, tools, training, self-paced learning, and virtual workshops to support health workers in caring for patients infected by COVID-19 – as well on how they can protect themselves as they do their critical work.
With content in six languages – Arabic Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish – the app is a convenient tool for accessing WHO’s rapidly expanding and evolving training materials and guidance, along with opportunities to participate in virtual skills workshops and other live training.
Key features include learning guidance, learning materials, and tools organized into the following COVID-19 subject matter areas:
• Case Management: How to care for COVID-19 patients
• Infection Prevention Control / Staff Safety and Health: Protecting health worker and the community
• Epidemiology: Distribution, characteristics, and determinants of COVID-19
• Laboratory: Laboratory testing for COVID-19 in humans
• Maintaining Essential Health Services and Systems: Strategic planning and coordinated action
• International Health Regulations: Public health and international spread of disease
• Risk Communication and Community Engagement: Communicating effectively with the public
• Research & Development: Working towards a treatment and a vaccine.
• Operational Support and Logistics
• Regional Information
It also includes updated news and statistics on the COVID-19 pandemic.
This app is brought to you by the WHO Academy, a new internal division of WHO. The Academy will be officially launched in May 2021 as the WHO’s state-of-the-art lifelong learning centre, applying the latest technologies and adult learning science to meet the learning needs of millions of health workers, policymakers, and WHO staff around the world.
More about the WHO Academy: http://academy.who.int
• Personal Protective Equipment Course (using Augmented Reality) Available Now!
• New Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section
• Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Source for Health Information
The WHO Academy application is great step forward to reach out to healthcare workers around the world with reliable training materials and sources of information. Myself and my colleagues find this app on the top of the applications list to join webinars and advance our healthcare practice.
Whoa! is it right
This is a great resource for health worker trainees worldwide. It aggregates lots of evidence that would otherwise be difficult to find quickly. It uses a straightforward and appealing organisational system. It has great potential for educators. The acronym WHOA is perfect - slow down and pay attention to this app!
Timely and full of info
I was delighted to learn this was available.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- World Health Organization
- 411.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 World Health Organization
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.