The WholeRepMatch game involves matching cards that show different representations of whole numbers. Select a range of values. Select two or more of the available representations: fingers, tallies, dice, rekenrek beads, ten frames, random dots, number lines or numerals. Not all representations are available for each range. Match cards representing the same whole number. The game can be played with cards face-up or face-down.
Visual representations support students in developing and applying their understanding of whole numbers. The WholeRepMatch game can be used to:
- Understand various whole number representations
- Make connections between different whole number representations
- Develop a sense of quantity
- Understand how numbers can be composed in various ways
- Relate numbers to anchors of five and ten
- Promote various counting strategies
- Promote estimation skills
- Support informal addition and multiplication concepts
- Understand the structure of a number line
- Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
- 26.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ontario Association for Mathematics Education
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.