***** SUPPORT EXTENDED DISPLAY MODE FOR WINDOWS PC *****
Wi Display turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a wireless extended display for your Windows or Mac OSX computer. Wi Display not only supports streaming high quality video but also supports streaming audio to extended displays.
• Realtime Audio & Video streaming Wireless Display for your devices. Up to 2K(2880x1800) video resolution with 24 fps, supports Retina resolution.
• Control your computer wirelessly via touch gestures from your iOS device. On screen extended keyboard, scroll input text control to visible area of screen automatically.
• Streams to multi extended displays simultaneously.
• Best performance of any app of its kind. Works well with iPad1 and above, iPhone4 and above.
• Unique Functionality: Record exactly the Video and Audio from your host computer. Standard mpeg4 with H264 video and AAC audio format.
High quality audio and video, small recording file size.
• One-click connection mechanism with Bonjour technology.
• Upload recorded video to Youtube directly.
• User needs to download the host (server) module in order for the app to work.
• Both computer and iOS device must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
• iOS device: iOS 5.1 and above.
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above.
• Windows host: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit).
- Fix some UI error.
- Support full HD resolution for iPhone 6 Plus
Ratings and Reviews
Where is the host file?
I need the window ver. host file.
But I can't find anywhere.
Where can I find the window version host file?
extends and mirrors display well
Wi Display does for 2 dollars what other apps do for 10. A host program on the computer connects to the app to allow you to extend or mirror your display on the IPad mini. I used windows 7 and created a virtual hostednetwork and it worked very well.
one significant limitation i want to mention is that i wanted to stream video games to my ipad from my pc. i figured if i use the ipad as the main display it should work. unfortunately it works with some games, but not most.
Just a few suggestions for the developers
I think it it would be nice if the host program would start in minimized mode as it is kinda annoying on startup that it always starts in the center of your screen.
it would also be cool if instead of going to the host program to select the ipad you want to connect, you could instead goto the ipad and select the PC you want to go to.
also allow for larger refresh rates. 24 is too low many networks can support higher bandwidth
Great extended monitor app
So I wanted to try a 3rd monitor and I decided to try this app. I have an IPad 3rd Generation run ion on the IOS Version 9.3.5 and it's working fine. It's now 100% fast but I will give it an 80% while working on the IPad. When I change screens to the second monitor and my Mac Pro speed is as usual. For this app I paid $3.99 so far it's worth it.
- Nguyen Minh
- 13.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © EDSS GLOBAL COMPANY LIMITED
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.