Privacy is made easy for everyone with Wickr Me.
With Wickr Me, you can instantly connect with your friends 1:1 or in groups - now with fully encrypted voice calling, voice memos - new additions to the trusted end-to-end secure sharing of files, images, and videos. Take full control over who has access to your content and how long it remains accessible.
Users Trust Wickr Me for Their Most Critical Communications:
On Privacy & Security:
- Every message is encrypted with a new key using advanced vetted end-to-end encryption. Wickr never has access to your messages or your contact list.
- No phone number or email address is required to register on Wickr Me. Your address book remains private and is not stored on our servers.
- Wickr does not store any metadata associated with your communications.
- Wickr’s code, policies, and security practices have been verified by the most respected security research teams in the industry.
- Communicate in private groups of up to 10 users.
- Shredder – overwrites all deleted Wickr content on your device.
On Ephemerality & Crypto Policies:
- Open source code for transparency and audit by the crypto community and open for audit.
- Configurable Expiration Timer – Set the expiration time on all your messaging content.
- Device-to-device encryption - each message, file, and call (each 512 packets) are encrypted with a new key so it's near impossible to break.
- Wickr Messaging protocol enables strong end-to-end encryption and perfect forward and backward secrecy for user content. The source code is available here: (https://github.com/WickrInc/wickr-crypto-c).
At Wickr our mission is to provide a secure communication platform trusted by individuals, teams, and corporations, across industries, sizes and scale, to manage their most valuable communications. Wickr Me, our free (ad-free) flagship app, is the most trusted and secure messenger platform, powered by the world’s most advanced multi-layered encryption and ephemerality trusted by millions of users worldwide.
Thank you for updating to the latest Wickr Me! This release is focused on minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Users can now enable or disable Message Drafts [Settings > Privacy & Security]. When enabled, unsent messages will be preserved when a user navigates away from a conversation.
- General enhancements & bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Reason At All not to be 5 *’s
Here’s the only few flaws.
Apps such as signal allow the user to set an expiration timer in which is programmed per user for ever. EVEN AFTER HE USER DELETED THE MESSAGE THREAD.
On wickr unfortunately it will reset every time you delete a thread.
That being said if you want the messages to expire within a certain time that you say happen to have left it as. The chances are if you deleted the thread you now will have a message that won’t expire for 5-6 days.
Where as in the app “Signal” it will remember if you had a 1-3 hour expiration or a whole day.
The thing about this is when you communicate on a large scale it’s nonsense to keep all the open threads.
But when starting a new conversation with someone the following day it’s now once again on a 5 day expiration because you may forget to reset it.
Obviously signal wants your real phone number to use it which is dumb.
Wickr is an excellent app.
If they could please program it to expire where you left it the last time I would feel along with others who I’ve spoken to would all feel more secure about using “Wickr” to communicate.
Thank you guys for making such an App possible.
It is important even if not say breaking the law that people have their privacy.
Bring Back Secure Shred
I was initially excited to see the new revamped app hit the market, but then I discovered that the most useful feature—Secure Shred—had not only had its manual functionality removed, but also now only focused on erasing/sanitizing the data related to Wickr messaging. While it’s nice to think that’s running in the background, the app eventually times out and the screen lock comes on (which effectively shuts down the app) while waiting for the background shred to work. Manual controls allowed not only the ability to monitor progress of the operation, but also allowed users to see the before and after effects the shred had on available storage.
Please bring back the manual controls and the functionality that allows you to permanently overwrite/erase/shred deleted files (other than those are tied to Wickr specifically)! Wickr held a perfect spot in the App Store for this use case, and now it’s hard to find a suitable (and trusted) replacement.
Perfect except password recovery
I love having a channel totally disconnected to the rest of my online identity, but perhaps consider at least having some sort of security question option. Got locked out of my account because fingerprint unlock unexpectedly turned off and had forgotten my password after never having had to type it in for months, which effectively lost me many important contacts.
The screenshot alert feature is gold - even better (if possible) would be option to manually disable screenshots within each chat so you also don’t have to deal with scolding people and trusting them to actually delete them!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wickr, LLC
- 164.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Hindi, Russian
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2019, Wickr Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.